9/11 commission position on terrorist financing
Let me focus your attention on the pertinent information that proves your claims are nothing but the hollow lies of a desperate truther.
Wow. Now what, SS? You going to man up and admit you were lying? Or are you going to continue to pretend the 9/11 commission didn't have a clue about the funding?The funding of the hijackers
- The 9/11 plot cost al Qaeda approximately $400,000–500,000, of which approximately $300,000 was deposited into U.S. bank accounts of the 19
hijackers. Al Qaeda funded the hijackers in the United States by three primary and unexceptional means: (1) wire transfers from overseas to the United States, (2) the physical transport of cash or traveler’s checks into the United States, and (3) the accessing of funds held in foreign financial institutions by debit or credit cards.
- Once here, all of the hijackers used the U.S. banking system to store their funds and facilitate their transactions.
- The hijackers and their financial facilitators used the anonymity provided by the vast international and domestic financial system to move and store their money through a series of unremarkable transactions. The existing mechanisms to prevent abuse of the financial system did not fail. They were never designed to detect or disrupt transactions of the type that financed 9/11.
- Virtually all of the plot funding was provided by al Qaeda. There is no evidence that any person in the United States, or any foreign government, provided any substantial funding to the hijackers.
- Exhaustive investigation by U.S. government agencies and the securities industry has revealed no evidence that any person with advance knowledge of the 9/11 attacks profited from them through securities transactions.
This is why you usually run away. When you press the point, you end up with egg all over your face.