Alternate ways to access PF.
Suggested for newer mobile devices:
1. You can use the Forum Runner app for Android or iOS. There is a free version that lets you read but not post. The paid version has more options. Search for "forumrunner" in the app store(s). Note: OUR forum is titled "Political Forum .com"; some other forums might call themselves Political Forum or similar. After installing the app, search for "politicalforum". More information on their official site at http://www.forumrunner.com/
2. You can use the TapaTalk app for Android, iOS, or Blackberry. Tapatalk is the number one paid social app on iOS and also very popular for Android! Search for "tapatalk" in the app store(s). After installing the app, search for "politicalforum". Note: OUR forum is titled "Political Forum .com"; some other forums might call themselves Political Forum or similar. More information on their official site at http://www.tapatalk.com/
Both apps are kept updated by their developers.
If you're on a bigger device such as an iPad, then may want to simply use the Full Version of PF.
Suggested for older mobile devices:
These suggestions are for devices that can't use the apps above, or if you just need a quicker free method.
1. Go to m.politicalforum.com (instead of www.politicalforum.com or politicalforum.com) and you'll be directed to the "mobile version" of PF. This is a lite "mobile skin" that only shows the basics. Once you're in the mobile skin, you can still 'break out' of it by clicking the "Full Site" link near the bottom.
2. The first way is much easier. But you can also manually choose the mobile skin: In the bottom left corner of a PF page, use the drop-down box and select the "Default Mobile Style" line. You can also choose this skin in your Settings > General Settings. You may want to use your computer to select the Mobile Skin for your account before you get on your device.
Recommended for Kindle, Nook, and other eReaders:
1. For reading only, you can use the RSS feeds. There is one feed for each forum here, i.e. one for the Latest World News, one for Religion, one etc. Readers can detect the feed if you paste in a forum URL. For manual entry, on our main page which lists all the forums, there are small orange buttons that link to the feeds. You can also use the RSS feeds on better devices, but the above apps are probably better. For iOS, one common feed reader is Feeddler RSS Reader ("Feeddler" is not a typo).
1. TapaTalk makes a Notifier plugin for the Google Chrome browser that notifies you of PMs. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...nflfofmahljkjj
2. Some helpful built-in vBulletin features: If you subscribe to threads, you can read some of the content in your email interface. You can also get email notifications of PMs.
Let us know if you have anything to add.