+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 100

Thread: Only a quarter of climate change effects are natural, the rest is man made

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by truthvigilante View Post
    There are over 12 million scientists in the USA. 31,000 out of 12 million is fairly significant isn't it?....lol That's based on the field representation of scientists in your link. In percentage terms that is really low D&D, you gotta do better than that!

    You can't get past the fact that over 90% of climatologists believe in substantial AGW dumb, no matter what spin you put on it!
    Anybody and I mean ANYBODY who believes in the "petition project" earns only one response

    SUCKED IN!!

    I mean it is a well known fraud that has been circulating on the internet forever, has been debunked more often than a drunken sailor in a cyclone and it still gets the gullible

    Of 60 samples (including 54 phD’s), there were a grand total of zero publications behind the sampled signatories that were relevant to climate or climate change. None has specific background in meteorology, climatology, oceanography, etc and just two with a geology background (including one who is now deceased).

    http://chriscolose.wordpress.com/200...l-a-consensus/
    "Capitalise your gains and socialise your losses might make sense to a few, especially the few who wish to exploit others without repercussions but it does not make for a good or healthy society
    “There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” ― Terry Pratchett

  2. Likes truthvigilante liked this post

  3. #62

    Default

    Then there is Greenfyre's masterly analysis of the petition

    Of course the petition turned out to be even more ridiculous than it initially seemed (links at bottom). Still, the Petition found an audience gullible and desperate enough to accept it as credible.

    A history of the Petition in terms of the key players, and an excellent breakdown of the signatories can be found at “The Global Warming Debate” starting about 1/3rd down the page.

    Predictably, like all of the Denier frauds, despite the Petition being repeatedly exposed as a hoax it continues to be used as “evidence” that climate change science is not valid.

    The most recent outbreak is in association with the NIPPC Report fraud. Some of the Denialophere are even claiming that the Petition’s signatories were affirming the validity of the NIPCC report, a report released a year after the Petition was.

    In fairness it should be noted that the NIPCC report is nothing more than a rehash of the same nonsense of the earlier version that appeared last year, also after the Petition’s release. So even though it is still an absurdly idiotic claim, it is not necessarily as extreme as it seems.

    What if the names were real?
    There is one thing has always fascinated me about the Petition though … specifically, that even if it were not a fraud, it would still be meaningless, completely and utterly meaningless. The Deniers create so much Sturm and Drang about the validity of the names, and it doesn’t matter.

    So, just for fun, let’s take a closer look at the Petition.

    Gary Whittenberger assessed the methodology of the Petitions creation in Misleading by Petition: Just What is the Consensus on Global Warming? and concluded that:

    “Arthur Robinson has solicited the opinions of the wrong group of people in the wrong way and drawn the wrong conclusions about any possible consensus among relevant and qualified scientists regarding the hypothesis of human-caused global warming.”

    But let’s leave that aside too.

    Robinson claims the Petition includes 31,000 scientists, 9,000 with PhDs (and the other 22,000 have what credential that makes them “scientists”?). Let’s pretend they’re all real scientists.

    So what?

    If the premise is that this is a HUGE number (as many in the Denialosphere have tried to claim, and still do), then what is our basis for comparison?

    In the US alone there are an estimated 2,685,000 scientists. The OISM sent out their call to a subset of the mailing list of American Men and Women of Science and it got broadly passed around the Denialosphere … and they managed to get a mere 1.2% of the American scientific community.

    Except, notwithstanding the extreme parochialism of the American Deniers, climate change is actually a global issue. It involves the global scientific community (who knew?), and the Petition has international signatories, so the real baseline for comparison is the global community.

    There are an estimated 63 million scientists in the world, so even if the names were real, the Petition would have managed a stunning 0.005% of the scientific community.

    It’s a fair bet that a far larger proportion of the scientific community smoke Gitanes, or collects antique watches, or are certifiably insane … all of which are just as meaningless as the Petition.
    http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/2009/...mes-were-real/

    I LOVE the "Oregon Petition" it is so easy to debunk!!!
    "Capitalise your gains and socialise your losses might make sense to a few, especially the few who wish to exploit others without repercussions but it does not make for a good or healthy society
    “There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” ― Terry Pratchett

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Anybody and I mean ANYBODY who believes in the "petition project" earns only one response

    SUCKED IN!!

    I mean it is a well known fraud that has been circulating on the internet forever, has been debunked more often than a drunken sailor in a cyclone and it still gets the gullible


    http://chriscolose.wordpress.com/200...l-a-consensus/
    Well some on here seem to clutch any straw they can.

    Let's assume it's fair dinkum, how many scientists in the US work in chemical, steel, petroleum industry. How many scientists jobs would be in jeopardy, how many scientists in the US work on biological and chemical or even nuclear or conventional warfare, how many scientists in the US are a little bonkers, how many ... I could go on, but I won't, we all know in total it would be many times more then those who would sign our planets life away.

    Boys, you have been sucked in so big by the corporate moguls it must be embarrassing, no wonder you keep on your denial track, it's all you have left besides admitting you are part of a conspiracy theory.
    When you want to fight fire with fire, remember that the professionals use water.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Then there is Greenfyre's masterly analysis of the petition


    http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/2009/...mes-were-real/

    I LOVE the "Oregon Petition" it is so easy to debunk!!!

    Wow 0.005%, that many, I may have to rethink ...NOT
    When you want to fight fire with fire, remember that the professionals use water.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Then there is Greenfyre's masterly analysis of the petition


    http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/2009/...mes-were-real/

    I LOVE the "Oregon Petition" it is so easy to debunk!!!
    BB, you had to wreck it, I was starting to believe dumbs spin....lol!!

    This is quite a sad piece of propaganda isn't it. Leaks like a sive!
    If you can't be good, be good at it!

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DominorVobis View Post
    Wow 0.005%, that many, I may have to rethink ...NOT
    Quick to jump on the band wagon DV.

    Bowergirl is a global warming alarmist, who knows she may even hold some sort of rank in the religion.

    Debunked why is it debunked it was conducted by volenteers and it was conducted twice not once.

    There it is for everyone to make up there own minds, you can see the names of the people their occupation and qualifications.

    There was no need to force anyone to remain on that list they did it of their own free will.

    I suppose bowergirl will also claim that climategate was a hoax too.

    I forgot to add that bowergirl believes everything she reads on skeptical science another misleading blog (even the name) that the unsuspecting might think roots out the TRUTH sadly its a global warming religion blog probably one of the best and its decieving otherwise no one would read it.

    But all you have to do is scroll down to the bottom of those pages and read the comments people leave on there.

    Most dont agree.

    You guys have a mind of your own read, analyse & research and make up your own minds.
    Last edited by dumbanddumber; Nov 16 2012 at 01:36 AM.
    There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than the carbon tax. dumbanddumber

    "The cost, paid by big polluters, will be passed through to the prices of the goods you buy." Julia Gillard

    "Australian households will ultimately bear the full cost of the carbon price." Ross Garnaut

    "A carbon tax does not guarantee emissions reductions" Former Labor Climate Change Minister Penny Wong

  8. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by truthvigilante View Post
    BB, you had to wreck it, I was starting to believe dumbs spin....lol!!

    This is quite a sad piece of propaganda isn't it. Leaks like a sive!
    Did you know that at one time that was an open "on line" petition that anyone could sign - multiple times? I even signed it once on a bet as "Edward Kelly"

    Fake Names including The Spice Girls

    According to the May 1998 Associated Press article, the Oregon petition included names that were intentionally placed to prove the invalid methodology with which the names of scientists were collected.

    The petition included the names of "Drs. 'Frank Burns' 'Honeycutt' and 'Pierce' from the hit-show M*A*S*H and Spice Girls, a.k.a. Geraldine Halliwell, who was on the petition as 'Dr. Geri Halliwel' and again as simply 'Dr. Halliwell.' "

    In response to the issue of the fake names, Robinson said, "When we're getting thousands of signatures there's no way of filtering out a fake."


    Desmogblog (http://s.tt/1mnKz)
    http://www.desmogblog.com/oregon-petition

    Now just what is that sucking sound I am hearing - is it the sound of credibility disappearing into the distance??
    "Capitalise your gains and socialise your losses might make sense to a few, especially the few who wish to exploit others without repercussions but it does not make for a good or healthy society
    “There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” ― Terry Pratchett

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Did you know that at one time that was an open "on line" petition that anyone could sign - multiple times? I even signed it once on a bet as "Edward Kelly"


    http://www.desmogblog.com/oregon-petition

    Now just what is that sucking sound I am hearing - is it the sound of credibility disappearing into the distance??
    Wow the high priestess must be desperate, i've never heard you say that before!

    Anyway it is what it is no matter how many manmade global warming blogs & believers you throw up.


    Scientists sign petition denying man-made global warming

    More than 31,000 scientists have signed a petition denying that man is responsible for global warming.

    The academics, including 9,000 with PhDs, claim that greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide and methane are actually beneficial for the environment.

    The petition was created in 1998 by an American physicist, the late Frederick Seitz, in response to the Kyoto Protocol a year earlier.

    It urged the US government to reject the treaty and said:

    "The proposed limits on greenhouse gases would harm the environment, hinder the advance of science and technology, and damage the health and welfare of mankind."

    It added:

    "There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of ... greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the forseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate.

    Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments."

    The petition was reissued last year by the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, an independent research group, partly in response to Al Gore’s film on climate change, An Inconvenient Truth.


    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...l-warming.html
    Last edited by dumbanddumber; Nov 16 2012 at 02:36 AM.
    There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than the carbon tax. dumbanddumber

    "The cost, paid by big polluters, will be passed through to the prices of the goods you buy." Julia Gillard

    "Australian households will ultimately bear the full cost of the carbon price." Ross Garnaut

    "A carbon tax does not guarantee emissions reductions" Former Labor Climate Change Minister Penny Wong

  10. Default

    Hey bowergirl

    Have you anything to say about the expert scientists and authors of the IPCC ?

    How about this one then

    The IPCC cant count its expert "scientists":
    -Author and reviewer numbers are wrong

    by John McLean

    http://mclean.ch/climate/docs/IPCC_numbers.pdf

    Thats SUCKED IN my girl !
    There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than the carbon tax. dumbanddumber

    "The cost, paid by big polluters, will be passed through to the prices of the goods you buy." Julia Gillard

    "Australian households will ultimately bear the full cost of the carbon price." Ross Garnaut

    "A carbon tax does not guarantee emissions reductions" Former Labor Climate Change Minister Penny Wong

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dumbanddumber View Post
    Hey bowergirl

    Have you anything to say about the expert scientists and authors of the IPCC ?

    How about this one then

    The IPCC cant count its expert "scientists":
    -Author and reviewer numbers are wrong

    by John McLean

    http://mclean.ch/climate/docs/IPCC_numbers.pdf

    Thats SUCKED IN my girl !
    hey Dumb, I have this bridge I don't need anymore, was wondering if you would like to buy it?
    When you want to fight fire with fire, remember that the professionals use water.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks