View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

  1. About the Russian culture

    Quote Originally Posted by Balancer View Post
    The relations of Russia and America in many respects difficult because of asymmetry of mutual understanding of cultures.

    Russia quite well knows America. All of us watch the American film. We read the American books. Very many watch the American news or talk to foreign forums.

    On the other hand ó the vast majority of Americans knows about Russia only what is shown by media. Alas, all this is usually very far from the truth.

    On this background attempts
    ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Canidae hub

    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    Since i have used canidae a lot in this thread, i'll show a useful graphic, to get the concepts across. Many phylogeneticists are preferring the circular 'hub' to the sideways tree, as it more clearly communicates the sequence of events.



    There have been many studies, including the one i referenced earlier, that show the clear descendancy in canidae. You can trace the mtDNA
    ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Fallacies of Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by One Mind View Post
    I noticed one thing with this thread. The faithful have lots of faith. And if you question this faith, they tend to get just a little bit nasty, and name call in one way or the other.

    If only evolutionary biologists could find the mechanism for macro evolution at the genetic level, and finding it could replicate it by using intelligence which they claimed was never a factor to begin with, usfan would have to acknowledge it. But it looks like he may never be presented with this
    ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Its about time...

    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    One of the central argument FOR naturalism is TIME. It has been asserted many times in this thread, as 'evidence' for the ToE. They theorize that evolution happens so slowly that you cannot see it, & that is why we cannot observe it happening. They will point to diversity WITHIN a life form as evidence that things change, & by tossing in millions of years, ASSUME that these small changes in traits add up to big ones. In this thread, i have pointed out the flaws in this reasoning. It is scientifically
    ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fallacies of Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    i see these terms bandied about in a circular fashion, using definitions to prove the assertions. You still have the unproven claim of a mutation being at the root of all the trait differences in every organism, which is the basic claim of the ToE.

    Take canids, which have already been discussed. Where did all that variability come from? If you say, 'mutation', then why were there so many variations all present, all at once, in the canid family, which found expression in a wide range
    ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Fallacies of Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    I'll quote some pertinent info from the above post, & examine it.

    genomic evolution was nearly constant for 20,000 generations. Such clock-like regularity is usually viewed as the signature of neutral evolution, but several lines of evidence indicate that almost all of these mutations were beneficial. This same population later evolved an elevated mutation rate and accumulated hundreds of additional mutations dominated by a neutral signature.

    Pathetically, i understand
    ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Fallacies of Evolution

    I suppose an occasional redefining is in order.. to refute the flawed perceptions of people regarding this issue.

    Here's a decent graphic from berkely.edu



    and, quotes from the same site:

    Microevolution happens on a small scale (within a single population), while macroevolution happens on a scale that transcends the boundaries of a single species.

    Microevolution
    ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Fallacies of Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    I will repeat what i have said in other threads. I don't debate links. If you have a point to make, make it. If you want to source your point with a link, fine.. i'll check it out. But merely flooding the thread with alleged links that you believe prove your point is not an argument. It is a deflection. A lazy deflection. If you want to debate the subject, do it. Present your arguments, evidence, & make your points. But links & assertions are not arguments or evidence.
    Debating ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 171 1234511 ... LastLast