+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 220

Thread: America's tax system is screwy

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    No it is obvious. Look at entitlement programs and how they are funded
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So you now want to play dumb? Government raises taxes to give entitlements.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    They are using entitlements to buy votes yet we pay for it. If they pass entitlements that is part of the liability
    I have been thinking about this for quite a while now, and the entitlement I come up with is Veteran Benefit Entitlements. Clearly from your posts you are against giving US military veterans any of their entitlements.

    I am for this. I support the Armed Forces of the United States.

    Why is it that you wish to see these brave souls who have risked the lives and their souls to protect the American way of life and your personal freedoms deprived of there ability to readjust to civilian life?


  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
    Because the general definition of entitlements you provided earlier is too general. It makes what you're saying vague at best, completely cryptic at worst.
    Either way, I don't know what you're talking about, so can you at least provide an example of what you're referring to? That's not too much to ask, is it?
    Entitlements the left loves them and now acts like you have no idea what entitlements are.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    I have been thinking about this for quite a while now, and the entitlement I come up with is Veteran Benefit Entitlements. Clearly from your posts you are against giving US military veterans any of their entitlements.

    I am for this. I support the Armed Forces of the United States.

    Why is it that you wish to see these brave souls who have risked the lives and their souls to protect the American way of life and your personal freedoms deprived of there ability to readjust to civilian life?
    This shows you know nothing about that. Show where I have said that

  4. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmouthwoman View Post
    It's no wonder we've reached a point where we need to throw out the entire system and put another one in place. Here's an example of why we're going broke and it has absolutely nothing to do with not taxing the wealthy enough.

    Today's my day off and a friend asked me to help him file his taxes. Figured it would be a piece of cake because he really didn't work much in 2011 since his small employer was struggling to survive and cut everybody back to part time.

    My friend said he just wanted to get an idea whether there was any reason to file early or, if he was just gonna break even... to wait and file in April.

    Here's his stats: He earned $8,769.75 and paid in $743.39 in federal tax, $368.33 in SS tax and $127.16 in Medicare tax. No dependents, standard deduction.

    Thanks to an "Earned Income Credit" -- his tax refund will be $1117, $374 more than he paid in!

    My friend was just hoping to break even. I'm sure he'll be thrilled. All I can say is WTF? No wonder we're going under... this makes NO sense. Our tax laws reward failure and punish success!! How crazy is that?

    Actually, it is a perfectly logical application of the "supply side" economic theory.

    According to supply side theory, the lower the taxes the more people will work.

    So you take the poorest, and the most hard to employ, and give them an incentive to work, by conditioning some of their welfare support on having a job earning money.

    If low taxes incentivize harder work, a negative tax should be the most incentivizing.

    At least, that is the logic behing supply side theory.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Because the general definition of entitlements you provided earlier is too general. It makes what you're saying vague at best, completely cryptic at worst.
    Either way, I don't know what you're talking about, so can you at least provide an example of what you're referring to? That's not too much to ask, is it?
    Entitlements the left loves them and now acts like you have no idea what entitlements are.
    I am not the left. I am Meta777. I do not know what you are talking about.

    Kramer was kind enough to provide a possible example for you,
    but apparently that wasn't what you meant by entitlements,
    so what exactly did you mean???

    If it is too difficult for you to provide even one example of what you are referring to,
    then I must conclude that whatever it is you are referring to does not actually exist.

    -Meta

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Because they have taken a precedent and perverted it for their own greed
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    No it is obvious. Look at entitlement programs and how they are funded
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So you now want to play dumb? Government raises taxes to give entitlements.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    They are using entitlements to buy votes yet we pay for it. If they pass entitlements that is part of the liability

    I hope the above answers your question below.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    This shows you know nothing about that. Show where I have said that

    Naturally, if I am incorrect please explain what you mean by entitlement and give an example.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
    I am not the left. I am Meta777. I do not know what you are talking about.

    Kramer was kind enough to provide a possible example for you,
    but apparently that wasn't what you meant by entitlements,
    so what exactly did you mean???

    If it is too difficult for you to provide even one example of what you are referring to,
    then I must conclude that whatever it is you are referring to does not actually exist.

    -Meta
    What veterns get for serving is earned. Entitlements are not earned. Here is a couple examples. Unemployment extension for years like Obama is doing. Welfare , Food stamps.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    I hope the above answers your question below.




    Naturally, if I am incorrect please explain what you mean by entitlement and give an example.
    I never mentioned veterans you did.

  9. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    What veterns get for serving is earned.
    So you think you should be paid to have the government take money from people in order to fund the building and distribution of weapons and then give said weapons to you, and have you kill innocent people abroad? You think you should be paid for that, really?

    Typical Republican. Disgusting and vile.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    ...Welfare , Food stamps.
    You don't like the way welfare and food stamps are funded?
    Well then how would you propose to fund those programs?
    Or would you not have a problem with simply allowing poor people to starve out in the streets?

    Or, is it the way the funding is allocated that you don't like?
    What would you rather have that money be spent on?
    Would you rather it be spent on employing people?

    -Meta

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. America's completely retarded court system
    By peoplevsmedia in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Aug 22 2011, 07:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks