Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 512

Thread: Virginia Ultrasound Bill Passes In House

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    And how will you get her to look at that screen? Are you going to stand in the room with your hands either side of her head and your fingers holding her eyes open?

    And if what she "sees" is this?



    Doesn't look much like a baby does it?
    Can't make her look and it doesn't look like a baby.

    Guess you don't have a problem with it then do you???
    If Obama said If you like your gun you can keep it, would you believe him now?

    We lost what we fought for
    We become what we fought against.

  2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

  3. #332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    Can't make her look and it doesn't look like a baby.

    Guess you don't have a problem with it then do you???
    I simply believe that very few women come to the decision to abort without a LOT of soul searching and to assume they are either "ignorant" or "heartless" is to ignore what underpinned their decision . It is after all an invasive medical procedure and, although here and in the USA the adverse outcomes are few and infrequent that is not the case in many many places throughout the world. Elsewhere it is dangerous and life threatening and yet,,,,,,,,,,, women still have abortions in those places, and usually for the same reasons. If fear of the pregnancy outweighs fear of facing an unsanitary backyard butcher then something must be driving that fear - address THAT and you will start to see a diminution in the rate of abortion
    "Capitalise your gains and socialise your losses might make sense to a few, especially the few who wish to exploit others without repercussions but it does not make for a good or healthy society
    “There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” ― Terry Pratchett

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    I simply believe that very few women come to the decision to abort without a LOT of soul searching and to assume they are either "ignorant" or "heartless" is to ignore what underpinned their decision . It is after all an invasive medical procedure and, although here and in the USA the adverse outcomes are few and infrequent that is not the case in many many places throughout the world. Elsewhere it is dangerous and life threatening and yet,,,,,,,,,,, women still have abortions in those places, and usually for the same reasons. If fear of the pregnancy outweighs fear of facing an unsanitary backyard butcher then something must be driving that fear - address THAT and you will start to see a diminution in the rate of abortion

    It's standard procedure for PP. Should we cut their funding because of the outrage?

    Nobody is suggesting backyard butchers, where the hell did that come from. Try to stay on topic.
    If Obama said If you like your gun you can keep it, would you believe him now?

    We lost what we fought for
    We become what we fought against.

  5. #334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    It's standard procedure for PP. Should we cut their funding because of the outrage?

    Nobody is suggesting backyard butchers, where the hell did that come from. Try to stay on topic.
    A) Yes, and PP is one of the organisations that is under constant pressure to conform to right wing ideology. Tell me then - is this demonstrating that PP is doing the ethical thing or not?

    b) I was making a point about the driving reasons for abortion

    I should have just posted a link to the thread about rats and empathy instead
    "Capitalise your gains and socialise your losses might make sense to a few, especially the few who wish to exploit others without repercussions but it does not make for a good or healthy society
    “There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” ― Terry Pratchett

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    A) Yes, and PP is one of the organisations that is under constant pressure to conform to right wing ideology. Tell me then - is this demonstrating that PP is doing the ethical thing or not?

    b) I was making a point about the driving reasons for abortion

    I should have just posted a link to the thread about rats and empathy instead
    PP is not under right wing pressure they do it to not get sued.
    If Obama said If you like your gun you can keep it, would you believe him now?

    We lost what we fought for
    We become what we fought against.

  7. #336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    PP is not under right wing pressure they do it to not get sued.
    You are joking right?
    http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/si...query=abortion

    But hey! If you have proof I am willing to look at it!
    "Capitalise your gains and socialise your losses might make sense to a few, especially the few who wish to exploit others without repercussions but it does not make for a good or healthy society
    “There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” ― Terry Pratchett

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    It's standard procedure for PP. Should we cut their funding because of the outrage?
    PP doesn't FORCE a woman to have an ultrasound. If she doesn't want to comply with their rules, she can go elsewhere. The Conservatives in the VA State Legislature are trying to make it COMPULSORY wherever a women goes and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with women's health. They could care LESS about a woman's health and they keep proving that over and over.


    Nobody is suggesting backyard butchers, where the hell did that come from. Try to stay on topic.
    Backyard butchers is EXACTLY on topic. Why do you think we fought so hard to make abortion safe and legal? The only choice women had before Roe v. Wade were backyard butchers and many of them died or were damaged so they could never have children. Once Conservatives succeed in making abortion illegal again, where do you think women will have to go? Or are you naive enough to think they'll just stop getting them?

    Have you ever stopped in your "Abortion is murder" screed long enough to think about what might make a woman desperate enough to go to a backyard butcher to get an abortion - well knowing what the outcome could be?

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    PP is not under right wing pressure they do it to not get sued.

    How can you say they aren't under right wing pressure? One of the right wing's main hatchet women was responsible for trying to get their funding revoked through the Koven group. The right wing pressure is one of the reasons they require the ultrasound - because they're constantly having to fight having their records subpoenaed so the pro-lifers can search through them to try to find some reason to file criminal charges against them. They aren't just under "right wing pressure" - they're under constant "right wing attack".

  10. #339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK View Post
    The Conservatives in the VA State Legislature are trying to make it COMPULSORY wherever a women goes and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with women's health.
    Your right....this is not about health at all. It's about murder and how convenient it is to perform it. This makes you think before you make that leap. Do you really want to kill this life? Can you live with yourself after doing so? OB/GYN docs don't care for abortions and don't need abortions to survive as they have other surgeries to perform.

    Why do you think we fought so hard to make abortion safe and legal?
    I think you mean desensitized, convenient, and routine.

    Once Conservatives succeed in making abortion illegal again, where do you think women will have to go?
    Home? Work? School? Other places that one would normally go when life proceeds.??? Thousands of other women do it....are you suggesting these women cannot live their lives?

    They aren't just under "right wing pressure" - they're under constant "right wing attack
    Good for the right wing. I support them in their endeavors to stop murder.

  11. #340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Your right....this is not about health at all. It's about murder and how convenient it is to perform it. This makes you think before you make that leap. Do you really want to kill this life? Can you live with yourself after doing so? OB/GYN docs don't care for abortions and don't need abortions to survive as they have other surgeries to perform.



    I think you mean desensitized, convenient, and routine.



    Home? Work? School? Other places that one would normally go when life proceeds.??? Thousands of other women do it....are you suggesting these women cannot live their lives?



    Good for the right wing. I support them in their endeavors to stop murder.
    The biggest myth around - that abortion is "convenient" for the woman
    "Capitalise your gains and socialise your losses might make sense to a few, especially the few who wish to exploit others without repercussions but it does not make for a good or healthy society
    “There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” ― Terry Pratchett

Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Maryland House Passes Gay Marriage Bill
    By Agent_286 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Feb 18 2012, 11:46 AM
  2. Nullify the NDAA: Virginia House Bill 1160
    By Robodoon in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 27 2012, 06:32 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 08 2011, 10:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks