Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 512

Thread: Virginia Ultrasound Bill Passes In House

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Your right....this is not about health at all. It's about murder and how convenient it is to perform it. This makes you think before you make that leap. Do you really want to kill this life? Can you live with yourself after doing so? OB/GYN docs don't care for abortions and don't need abortions to survive as they have other surgeries to perform.
    YOU see it as murder. Others do not. YOUR belief does not trump mine when it comes to my own body, my own family and my own life decisions.


    I think you mean desensitized, convenient, and routine.
    No - I mean safe and legal. The ability for a woman who chooses abortion to go to a qualified medical doctor in a clean and safe clinic to have it done rather than a backstreet quack whose only medical instrument is a coat hanger. Abortion is NEVER "routine, quick and easy" and the fact that that's how you see it completely disqualifies you from having any say in the matter.


    Home? Work? School? Other places that one would normally go when life proceeds.??? Thousands of other women do it....are you suggesting these women cannot live their lives?
    You're suggesting that being pregnant has absolutely no effect on a woman's life and future. Again, such an uninformed belief makes anything you say irrelevant. You also seem to believe that if you can make abortion illegal and a woman can't have one safely and legally, she'll just go ahead and live her life as if nothing is going on with her body. If she's desperate enough, where she'll go is to a backstreet butcher who will likely kill or disable her and THAT MURDER will be on the heads of people like you.


    Good for the right wing. I support them in their endeavors to stop murder.

    It's always easy to opine on a situation that you have never been in and are in no danger of ever being in - especially when you believe YOUR judgment is superior to that of the people actually involved. When you or some other male RWer gets pregnant with an unplanned or dangerous pregnancy, we'll talk some more.

  2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

  3. #342

    Default

    It's always easy to opine on a situation that you have never been in
    ROFL. I'm a surgical Tech. I see hundreds of these a year. How many have YOU witnessed? None? Oh...hmmm!!

    Murder is murder, you have every right to call it whatever you want. Whatever makes you sleep a night. However I reserve the right to steal your TV and call it a friendly visit.

    Your belief doesn't trump mine either, get over yourself.
    Last edited by Cal; Feb 26 2012 at 11:05 AM.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    ROFL. I'm a surgical Tech. I see hundreds of these a year. How many have YOU witnessed? None? Oh...hmmm!!

    Murder is murder, you have every right to call it whatever you want. Whatever makes you sleep a night. However I reserve the right to steal your TV and call it a friendly visit.

    Your belief doesn't trump mine either, get over yourself.

    You've witnessed it - you've never been in that situation yourself. You're sitting there judging someone when you have no idea why she's there or what has prompted her to get an abortion.

    As I said - when YOU get pregnant and for any reason face the same decision yourself, then you'll have some credibility.

    I know my beliefs don't trump yours but you obviously don't know the same and believe that yours DO trump mine.

    Just curious but do you work in an abortion clinic? I'm not aware that "hundreds" of abortions are done in a hospital unless they're for strictly medical reasons. But feeling the way you do, I don't know why you'd be working in a position to observe abortions being done on a daily basis for medical reasons and be so absolutely judgmental about the women having it done.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK View Post
    YOU see it as murder. Others do not. YOUR belief does not trump mine when it comes to my own body, my own family and my own life decisions.
    Why does it trump an innocent human life?
    ""What kind of society isn't structured on greed? The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm; capitalism is that kind of a system"
    Milton Friedman
    ."

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesguy View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnnaK
    YOU see it as murder. Others do not. YOUR belief does not trump mine when it comes to my own body, my own family and my own life decisions.
    Why does it trump an innocent human life?
    It doesn't.

    But as long as the fetus is 100% dependent on the mother's body to exist and is part of it, its HER decision on what happens with HER body!

    Not YOURS.
    -----------------------

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siddhartha View Post
    So, you concede, the move is designed to persuade. Its not medical. Its intimidation, pure and simple.
    It's called inform. Why are YOU so afraid she might change her mind?
    ""What kind of society isn't structured on greed? The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm; capitalism is that kind of a system"
    Milton Friedman
    ."

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK View Post
    I don't believe in abortion for myself.
    Why not? What do you have against abortion then?
    ""What kind of society isn't structured on greed? The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm; capitalism is that kind of a system"
    Milton Friedman
    ."

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    The same reason a pap smear is somewhat traumatic. Its an invasion of privacy. Any medical procedure that requires you to be penetrated, or naked, is traumatic.
    That's it? That is the highly emotional and trauma.

    What a bunch of horse hokey. I've had prostrated exams they are not emotional nor traumatic.

    Some women don't want to have an abortion. If the fetus is severely ill, she woould have wanted the baby, but has to abort it because it is so ill.
    The vast vast vast majority some say 99% are for convenience sake.

    So if it is just a blob of cells, not human, not a life what is all the trauma and emotion about?
    ""What kind of society isn't structured on greed? The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm; capitalism is that kind of a system"
    Milton Friedman
    ."

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    Actually she does, and she is correct. The typre of ulttrasound Repubs want to force on women is a vaginal ultrasound -NOT the ultrasound you see in the picture. A vaginal ultrasound is needed only in the very early stages of pregancy because the fetus cannot yet be seen properly with a regular ultrasound!
    So that is what PP requires for any woman that early?
    ""What kind of society isn't structured on greed? The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm; capitalism is that kind of a system"
    Milton Friedman
    ."

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siddhartha View Post
    God gave us free will. Republicans would like to take that back.

    If life begins at conception and that clump of cells is a baby, by all means, feel free to take that clump of baby and raise it as you see fit.
    OK all those people you want to supply welfare too, feel free to take them in and take care of them as you see fit.
    ""What kind of society isn't structured on greed? The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm; capitalism is that kind of a system"
    Milton Friedman
    ."

Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Maryland House Passes Gay Marriage Bill
    By Agent_286 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Feb 18 2012, 11:46 AM
  2. Nullify the NDAA: Virginia House Bill 1160
    By Robodoon in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 27 2012, 06:32 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 08 2011, 10:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks