Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 512

Thread: Virginia Ultrasound Bill Passes In House

  1. #381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK View Post
    And that makes it a "scientific fact".
    Of course it does. All lifers are scientists, or they know someone who is! Or they listen to the Catholic church, where the priests and the Pope are apparently scientists, too!
    Farewell my beautiful Gracie Baby, beloved pet:
    15th Jan 1997- 18 Jul 2009

    "The Futures Not Set; There Is No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves" - John Connor: Terminator 2.
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    This doctor said…he witnessed several coat hangers….so out of millions and millions of pregnancies….a small small…..tiny number of women did the coat hanger thing.

    So we should make abortion legal…because of a few isolated cases?

    He was one doctor in one hospital. Unless every botched abortion in the world came to that same hospital and doctor, I wouldn't call them isolated cases - I'd call them representative cases of what was going on in every hospital across the country.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    You have no argument about that from me. Unless you have worked in health care you really do not understand the term "sport" or the term "Mother nature can be a real (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)"

    This is actually a pro-life site and does not advocate killing anencephalic babies but it does show what they are like
    Anencephaly - YouTube

    And it does it with compassion and more than a little sadness

    That's one of the saddest things I've ever seen. But it reinforces my belief that when these things occur, the parents should have the sole choice of whether they want to terminate the pregnancy or see it through to the end. What the pro-life people don't seem to understand is that it's an agonizing decision either way. What might be right for one woman wouldn't be right for another and she's the only one who knows that.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK View Post
    Well, I've had 4 live children and 1 miscarriage. I have 4 daughters and 5 granddaughters - and 5 grandsons. So don't give me this trash about "babykillers".

    You think it would be bad to have a miscarriage of a wanted child. How would you feel if you had to make a decision to abort a severely deformed baby with most of its organs on the outside to mention just a few of the abnormalities they found on an ultrasound - a baby that you planned and wanted very much? Would you call that woman a babykiller or think she should just go ahead and have it and put the baby and the parents and siblings through the hell of whatever transpired if it was born alive?

    IMPO - for all pro-lifers try to act like you have such a reverence for "human life", you're some of the coldest, most uncaring, most unempathetic people I've ever come across in my life.
    If the baby was that severely deformed with it's organs outside it's body, it would most likely not go to term anyway.

    IMPO - for all pro-choicers try to act like you have such a reverence for "human life", you're some of the coldest, most uncaring, most unempathetic people I've ever come across in my life.
    If Obama said If you like your gun you can keep it, would you believe him now?

    We lost what we fought for
    We become what we fought against.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    But have you ever been 15 homeless, on the streets?

    What if you had been told you had cancer during the early stages of your pregnancy?

    What if your husband had suddenly announced he was cheating on you taking everything you owned and leaving you with the children?

    What if your children were struck down by some tragedy forcing you to spend every cent on care and every minute on keeping that care going - and found yourself pregnant - choice between living children and one that might stop you from delivering the care THEY need

    Each abortion has a story that is real and personal to the woman having it. Each abortion IS about choice

    And ask yourself (and it is a question that is always ignored by anti-choicers "What would drive a woman to have an abortion when the outcomes can be catastrophic?"


    Oh the drama!!!! Lets think of every worse scenario we can and pretend that's why most abortions happen.
    Last edited by Rapunzel; Feb 27 2012 at 06:09 AM.
    If Obama said If you like your gun you can keep it, would you believe him now?

    We lost what we fought for
    We become what we fought against.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    There is not even a consensus about conception
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beginni...cy_controversy
    Yes, because wiki knows all...LMFAO!!!!
    If Obama said If you like your gun you can keep it, would you believe him now?

    We lost what we fought for
    We become what we fought against.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    You have no argument about that from me. Unless you have worked in health care you really do not understand the term "sport" or the term "Mother nature can be a real (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)"

    This is actually a pro-life site and does not advocate killing anencephalic babies but it does show what they are like
    Anencephaly - YouTube

    And it does it with compassion and more than a little sadness
    You want me to start posting abortions pictures?
    If Obama said If you like your gun you can keep it, would you believe him now?

    We lost what we fought for
    We become what we fought against.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    There is no consensus on when life begins. If life began at conception, where are the funerals for miscarried fetuses?
    The only reason there is no consensus among the body politic is that the pro-abortion side has to desperately declare life in the womb is not life is not human in order to be able to justify their position. All fallacious arguments.

    There is scientific consensus, a new life is created and begins it's life's journey when it is conceived. At no other time is it created at no other time does it begin being.
    Last edited by Bluesguy; Feb 27 2012 at 06:17 AM.
    ""What kind of society isn't structured on greed? The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm; capitalism is that kind of a system"
    Milton Friedman
    ."

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    But the lifers are experts on this, remember. If they say a fertilised egg is a baby, its a baby!!!
    Once an ovum is fertilized it is no longer an ovum or a "fertilized egg" it becomes a human zygote, the first stage of a human life.

    So if we discover single cell organism on Mars and NASA declares they have found life on Mars are you going to be the first to jump up and say they are wrong that is not life because it is too little?
    ""What kind of society isn't structured on greed? The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm; capitalism is that kind of a system"
    Milton Friedman
    ."

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK View Post
    And that makes it a "scientific fact".
    Please address my responses to you
    Quote:
    I don't care about YOUR morality.
    I was asking about yours, but if you are going to debate this with me then care enough about mine to debate it and not ones you try to assign to me.

    So what about yours?

    What has the higher morality saving thousands of lives, hundreds of lives or easing one, two or three in despair?

    Try again

    YOU are the one obsessed with taking innocent human life yet WE are the ones so lost to all sense of humanity?

    Quote:
    It is emotional and traumatic for the person
    Why? Every time someone on my side mentions the fact that it is a human life you fight to the hilt denying it, claiming WE are the one so uninformed.

    So if it is just a clump of cells, if it is not human, if it is not a life, AS YOU CLAIM what is so emotional about it, what is the trauma?

    YOU are the one who has been telling us it is nothing to be concerned with, it is just a blob, now it is something emotional and traumatic.

    Those have been YOUR points used to attack. So it isn't JUST a clump of cells, it ISN'T just a blob. It IS a life that is killed and THAT is why it is traumatic and emotional?
    ""What kind of society isn't structured on greed? The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm; capitalism is that kind of a system"
    Milton Friedman
    ."

Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Maryland House Passes Gay Marriage Bill
    By Agent_286 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Feb 18 2012, 12:46 PM
  2. Nullify the NDAA: Virginia House Bill 1160
    By Robodoon in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 27 2012, 07:32 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 08 2011, 11:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks