Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 503

Thread: Rick Santorum openly admits to wanting Christian theocracy

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Rick Santorum openly admits to wanting Christian theocracy

    Does this guy really think he has any chance of winning the presidency? Basically he is openly stating he wants his religious views imposed on everyone regardless of their faith or lack of faith. To me, this wacko is un-American, and no different than the taliban. He was disgusted at Kennedy's remarks for promising not to impose his faith on others? If thats not openly admitting he wants a theocracy then I don't know what is. Bottom line is this guy has archaic, hateful, and bigoted views for those who do not share is "morals". Go away Rick America hates you and your type of faith. (on second thought win the nomination so Obama can win a second term).

    WASHINGTON - Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum said Sunday that he doesn't believe in the separation of church and state, adding that he was sickened by John F. Kennedy's assurances to Baptist ministers 52 years ago that he would not impose his Catholic faith on them.

    "I don't believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute," Santorum, a devout Catholic, said in an interview from Michigan on ABC's "This Week."

    "The First Amendment means the free exercise of religion and that means bringing people and their faith into the public square."

    Santorum's latest foray into the hot-button, faith-based issues that so fire up the party's evangelical base comes as his chief rival for the Republican nomination, Mitt Romney, begins to pull ahead slightly in the state of Michigan, where he was born and raised.

    Both Michigan and Arizona hold their primaries Tuesday.

    While Romney's been battling Santorum in Michigan for the past two weeks, polls suggest he's got a comfortable lead in Arizona, a winner-take-all contest in terms of delegate allocation. Michigan's delegates, on the other hand, are rewarded based on results.

    The former Massachusetts governor got a boost Sunday from Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, who endorsed him as "the man that can carry the day" on NBC's "Meet The Press."

    "He has that pro-business background, and he has that political history that I think he would serve America the best."

    Brewer's endorsement is considered a boon to Romney's insistence that he's the toughest in the Republican field on illegal immigration. Brewer has been a fierce defender of her state's strict immigration policies, and Romney called Arizona a "model" on the issue in the last Republican debate.

    Romney is the native son of Michigan, however, where his father served both as governor and a car company executive. A loss there would be regarded as devastating to his campaign.

    Nonetheless, both Romney and Santorum have said they opposed the federal government's bailout of the auto industry in the state where millions work for car manufacturers. Romney even penned a New York Times opinion piece four years ago with the headline: "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt."

    Republican foes have seized upon that headline in advance of a speech by President Barack Obama on Tuesday to the United Auto Workers conference in Washington to celebrate "the rescue of Detroit."

    The autoworkers plastered "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt" on 26 American-made vehicles at a Romney event in Detroit on Friday.

    Beyond Michigan, however, Santorum's startling stances on social issues like birth control and religion are getting the most attention countrywide.

    He's been unapologetic about some of his more controversial remarks, even reiterating Sunday his past remarks that Kennedy's 1960 speech in Houston made "me want to throw up."

    "To say that people of faith have no role in the public square? What makes me throw up is someone who is now trying to tell people that you will do what the government says," Santorum said.

    "That now we're going to turn around and impose our values from the government on people of faith."

    America is all about embracing diversity, he added.

    "What we saw in Kennedy's speech was just the opposite, and that's what's so upsetting about it," he said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/santorum-says-...164307440.html

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    Does this guy really think he has any chance of winning the presidency? Basically he is openly stating he wants his religious views imposed on everyone regardless of their faith or lack of faith. To me, this wacko is un-American, and no different than the taliban. He was disgusted at Kennedy's remarks for promising not to impose his faith on others? If thats not openly admitting he wants a theocracy then I don't know what is. Bottom line is this guy has archaic, hateful, and bigoted views for those who do not share is "morals". Go away Rick America hates you and your type of faith. (on second thought win the nomination so Obama can win a second term).
    It sounds like if he became President, he'd get his marching orders from Rome and to me, that's totally unacceptable. We need to keep religion in the home and house of worship where it belongs.

    On the plus side, I don't think he'll end up being the republican candidate for office of President.
    America Works Best When We Say "Union Yes"!

    When I tell you we agree to disagree, that means the discussion is over so don't waste your time trying to continue on with the discussion

    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

    - Mark Twain

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    . We need to keep religion in the home and house of worship where it belongs..
    No one Nation has survived without a State Religion!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.—Oscar Wilde

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ostap Bender View Post
    No one Nation has survived without a State Religion!
    America hasn't survived?
    sputterman: "Aiding the enemy? If the truth aids the enemy then we are in the wrong war."

    Me: "When the people who teach our children, protect us from fires and criminals, save our lives when we're injured, and defend us with their very lives make less in a year than a guy who throws a ball for a living makes in an hour, there is something truly (*)(*)(*)(*)ed up with our country."

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Questerr View Post
    America hasn't survived?
    Not because of religion, but because of progessive neo-communist leftist loserism.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never Left View Post
    Not because of religion, but because of progessive neo-communist leftist loserism.
    But Ostap said that no nation without a state church has ever survived.

    America has never had a state church. Do you believe it hasn't survived?
    sputterman: "Aiding the enemy? If the truth aids the enemy then we are in the wrong war."

    Me: "When the people who teach our children, protect us from fires and criminals, save our lives when we're injured, and defend us with their very lives make less in a year than a guy who throws a ball for a living makes in an hour, there is something truly (*)(*)(*)(*)ed up with our country."

  7. #7
    usa us colorado
    Location: State of Colorado, USA
    Posts: 8,786
    bestpost
    Blog Entries: 1
    My Latest Mood: Grumpy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    It sounds like if he became President, he'd get his marching orders from Rome and to me, that's totally unacceptable. We need to keep religion in the home and house of worship where it belongs.

    On the plus side, I don't think he'll end up being the republican candidate for office of President.
    Meh, they said the same thing about John F. Kennedy... that he'd be on his knees to the Pope, taking orders from him. Nixon's people tried hard to sell this crap, but it didn't work....

    That said, "Crusader Rick" Santorum is a myopic, incandescent idiot who is going to end destroying all of our hopes this year for getting rid of President Bernanke and his handpuppet, Obama. Wait and see!
    Yes, Ebola CAN be spread through the air! . Read: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1997182/

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    It sounds like if he became President, he'd get his marching orders from Rome and to me, that's totally unacceptable. We need to keep religion in the home and house of worship where it belongs.

    On the plus side, I don't think he'll end up being the republican candidate for office of President.
    Did Santorium said "Catholic" government? What if he suddenly convert into Mormon, or Protestant or maybe Muslim, or become an atheist?

    Amazing just how people can twist things in order to ignite the flames of chaos and confusion.
    Abraham Lincoln: In regard to this Great Book, I have but to say, it is the best gift God has given to man. All the good the Savior gave to the world was communicated through this book. But for it we could not know right from wrong. All things most desirable for man's welfare, here and hereafter, are to be found portrayed in it.

  9. #9
    Location: Southeast USA
    Posts: 62,129
    My Latest Mood: Amused

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WanRen View Post
    Did Santorium said "Catholic" government? What if he suddenly convert into Mormon, or Protestant or maybe Muslim, or become an atheist?

    Amazing just how people can twist things in order to ignite the flames of chaos and confusion.
    The problem isn't that Santorum is Catholic.. its that he's sick and rigid.. I don't think he wants to be president of the US.. I think he is swimming for the drain.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Margot View Post
    The problem isn't that Santorum is Catholic.. its that he's sick and rigid.. I don't think he wants to be president of the US.. I think he is swimming for the drain.
    The assertion is that Santorum is "wanting Christian theocracy". I havent seen a thing to indicate that he wants any such thing.

Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does Rick Santorum believe he is ....
    By Phoebe Bump in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 21 2012, 07:15 AM
  2. Why Rick Santorum has won me over.
    By Emagatem in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: Feb 17 2012, 02:23 AM
  3. I don't like Rick Santorum.
    By junius, fils in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Jan 04 2012, 07:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks