+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: The National eather Service is Buying 46,000 Rounds of Hollow Point Ammo ....... Why

  1. #1

    Default The National eather Service is Buying 46,000 Rounds of Hollow Point Ammo ....... Why

    Its reported by infowars, but the links to the solicitations are genuine. The National Weather Service has no need that I am aware of to stockpile ammo, much less learn to shoot. And why hollow-points ? Then we have DHS stockpiling 10's of millions of hollow-points.

    Something is very wrong here.

    National Weather Service Follows DHS In Huge Ammo Purchase

    Why would the National Weather Service need to purchase large quantities of powerful ammo? Thatís the question many are asking after the federal agency followed in the footsteps of the Department of Homeland Security in putting out a solicitation for 46,000 rounds of hollow point bullets.

    A solicitation which appears on the FedBizOpps website asks for 16,000 rounds of .40 S&W jacketed hollow point (JHP) bullets, noted for their strength, to be delivered to locations in Ellsworth, Maine, and New Bedford, Mass.

    A further 6,000 rounds of S&W JHP will be sent to Wall, New Jersey, with another 24,000 rounds of the same bullets heading to the weather station in St. Petersburg, Florida.

    ..... The NWS is following its federal counterpart the DHS in securing large quantities of ammo. Back in March,Homeland Security purchased 450 million rounds of .40-caliber hollow point bullets that are designed to expand upon entry and cause maximum organ damage, prompting questions as to why the DHS needed such a large amount of powerful bullets merely for training purposes.

    ..... The DHS is also planning to purchase a further 750 million rounds of different types of ammo in a separate solicitation that also expires on August 20, including 357 mag rounds that are able to penetrate walls.

    read more: http://www.infowars.com/national-wea...ammo-purchase/
    Any ideas as to why we appear to be turning every weather-service employee into a trained marksman ?

  2. Likes Zosiasmom liked this post
  3. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

  4. #2
    usa us indiana
    Location: Indianapolis, IN
    Posts: 1,785
    Blog Entries: 3

    Default

    This idiot conspiracy theory is old news. Did you miss it the first time?

    See, out in the real world, agents have to practice regularly. Hence they need ammo. You should practice with the same rounds you shoot in the field, the hollow points. You use hollow points because they work better at killing people, which is the purpose of a handgun.

    This isn't rocket science. Why do you regard the regular purchase of practice ammo, standard procedure for every agency for the past century, as evidence of a conspiracy? Was it also a conspiracy when ammo was bought under Bush?

    Oh, the NWS no doubt has security guards at some facilities. They need practice ammo too. 46,000 isn't a lot, given you need at least 1000+ rounds per person per year.
    Last edited by mamooth; Aug 14 2012 at 10:51 AM.

  5. Likes toddwv, Glock liked this post
  6. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    This idiot conspiracy theory is old news. Did you miss it the first time?

    See, out in the real world, agents have to practice regularly. Hence they need ammo. You should practice with the same rounds you shoot in the field, the hollow points. You use hollow points because they work better at killing people, which is the purpose of a handgun.

    This isn't rocket science. Why do you regard the regular purchase of practice ammo, standard procedure for every agency for the past century, as evidence of a conspiracy? Was it also a conspiracy when ammo was bought under Bush?
    The National Weather Service has to "practice regularly" ................

    Since when ?

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Its reported by infowars, but the links to the solicitations are genuine. The National Weather Service has no need that I am aware of to stockpile ammo, much less learn to shoot. And why hollow-points ? Then we have DHS stockpiling 10's of millions of hollow-points.

    Something is very wrong here.



    Any ideas as to why we appear to be turning every weather-service employee into a trained marksman ?

    Dude, the article is from InfoWars, the same that claims 9/11 was an inside job, get real.

  8. Default

    here ya go, makes sense now

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ab19_blog.html

    UPDATE, 1:07 p.m.: NOAA says there was a “clerical error” in the FedBizOpps announcement stating the NWS required ammunition. The solicitation actually originated from the “NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement” not the National Weather Service. See bottom of post for more details.

    Original post: Weather forecasting or preparing for war? The National Weather Service (NWS) seeks to buy 46,000 rounds of ammunition for semiautomatic pistols says the FedBizOpps website. It’s a solicitation head-scratcher of explosive proportions.

    Infowars, the website of libertarian talk-show host Alex Jones, says the ammunition being ordered is “designed to cause maximum organ damage.”

    But NWS spokesman Chris Vaccaro said the ammunition is not for the NWS. And, in fact, despite the fact the solicitation says NWS “requires” the ammunition, the same solicitation indicates the ammunition is to be delivered to the “NMFS” - which stands for National Marine Fisheries Service. Like the NWS, NMFS is housed under the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
    "America is more than just a place...it's an idea. It's the only country founded on an idea. 'Our rights come from nature and God, not government.' We promise equal opportunity, not equal outcomes." - Paul Ryan

    I find it ironic to be called a denier by people who are advocating policies which are already killing tens of thousands through energy poverty where those policies have became law. - jackdog

  9. Likes Ethereal, Eighty Deuce liked this post
  10. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdrobster View Post
    Dude, the article is from InfoWars, the same that claims 9/11 was an inside job, get real.
    "Dude" (or is it "dud"), if you go to the links, the solicitations are real.

    Thanks dud .....

  11. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackdog View Post
    Thanks. What is amazing is the we've had two leftwads come along and defend the NWS, or try to debunk info wars, rather than look at it and see that something was wrong with government.

    The libs will do anything to defend Obama Government. Anything.

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    "Dude" (or is it "dud"), if you go to the links, the solicitations are real.

    Thanks dud .....

    Your conspiracies are redundant.

    Jackdog just provided the clarification.

    Leave the InfoWars site to the fools.

  13. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdrobster View Post


    Your conspiracies are redundant.

    Jackdog just provided the clarification.

    Leave the InfoWars site to the fools.
    The mistake was by government. We'll leave fools to defend government mistakes .........

  14. #10
    usa
    Location: USA
    Posts: 47,176
    Blog Entries: 2
    My Latest Mood: Yeehaw

    Default

    Those fish abusers must be real trouble.

    _

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 263
    Last Post: Apr 15 2013, 02:12 AM
  2. John B. Nelson : Studies in Bankruptcy and the National Debt
    By John Tyler in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 08 2012, 03:44 PM
  3. Spain to recognize the nation of Palestine in September
    By The Judge in forum Latest US & World News
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Sep 18 2011, 05:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks