+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 105

Thread: Poll worker charged with voting half dozen times in November

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
    In any election you get a few cheats, almost always on the right. American extremists love to make high drama out of minor exceptions, because they find statistics dull and only have twenty fingers and toes!
    You're a foreigner, and have no clue.
    FIAT CURRENCY=DEBT SLAVERY

  2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

  3. #92
    wales uk wales
    Location: UK, Cymru mostly, sometimes England.
    Posts: 8,759
    Blog Entries: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespade View Post
    You're a foreigner, and have no clue.
    These things are pretty standard, though a lot of your population comes from areas where the rule is 'vote early, vote often' or 'vote as Master tells you', certainly. You'll find, everywhere, though, that it is the Right that steals elections: stealing is their métier, after all. They always accuse someone else of their faults, however, because they are holy hypocrites. We all know that.
    Last edited by Iolo; Mar 16 2013 at 05:10 AM.

  4. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichT2705 View Post
    I think in light of this thread we can remove the word "alleged" in that HuffPo staement above, dont you? It's fact now, not allegation...like this made up segment of 10s of millions who somehow get through everyday life without an ID...

    The reality of voter fraud is exampled right in this thread. It's happening just as many said it was.
    No, because in most of the citations offered by conservatives, alleged IS the word.

  5. #94

    Default

    This is the typical discussion on this topic.

    The conservative all assert widespread vote fraud, because the conservative noise machine, and ex disc jockeys like Limbaugh all work the meme, suggesting the existance of somethign they have no evidence for. This works on people who don't read newspapers and have little long term memory of history or politics (or choose not too because their heroes keep turning out to be chumps or villians).

    Liberal respond with facts and get shouted down.

    If the Republican party were really interested in election reform (and I can assure you, they are NOT), they'd be talking about it now.

    And they'd be proposing real reform, not championing a piecemeal set of voter supression efforts in various states.

    Personally, I think every election in the US should be run by a strengthened Federal Election Commission, with standardized ballots, standardized procedurres, and conducted under the eye of civil servants, not by local volunteers and local party officials as US elections are run now.

    Of course, this would require national voter registration (which would probably be automatic), and, most likely, national voter ID's and a requirement to present them.

    This is the only circumstance under which I would support voter ID laws.

    Unless voter ID's are easy to for honest people to get, universal, and governed by the same rules everywhere, they are little more than a new supression tactic.

    It will be interesting to see what the next election brings.

    The GOP hasn't been especially successful on a large scale at voter supression by caging, and voter ID laws haven't been a winner for them either.

    We'll see what the next tactic is going to be.

  6. Default

    No need for voter ID laws. Voter fraud clearly isn't happening. Clearly.
    Liberalism - (noun) - The belief that feelings trump facts, reason, and logic

  7. Likes Angedras liked this post
  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesguy View Post
    How would you know? How do you catch someone voting under someone else name? How do you catch someone registering false names and then voting under them?

    We have no system in place other than voter ID to do so. Why would you allow people to do such things?
    This is an idiotic statement. I am sorry I was going to read the entire thread before posting but this is insane. First we can stop voter fraud at the polling place simply by verifying all registration and having people sign in at their polling place. Being IDed could help a lot but requiring a specific form of ID is an effort to stop part of the population to vote. I know personally many people at my polling place, but I have to pull out my ID card etc. It is not a hassle for me but it is funny that I am talking to the woman about her kids while we go through the perfunctory legal dance. But what about the woman behind me who lives in the nursing home that I vote in. She doesn't drive, she uses a wheel chair, she has no family to take her to the DMV, how does she get the proper ID? Now think about those living in rural areas where the office to get said ID is miles away? Okay, let's all have ID, but here is the thing. The OP's example would not have been stopped by voter ID, and of course we have this: http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatch...o-voter-fraud/

    If we invalidate every election for the handful of voter fraud that occur we would never have elected officials. And the woman in Nevada was caught without an ID law. So you might want to change your position.

  9. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
    These things are pretty standard, though a lot of your population comes from areas where the rule is 'vote early, vote often' or 'vote as Master tells you', certainly. You'll find, everywhere, though, that it is the Right that steals elections: stealing is their métier, after all. They always accuse someone else of their faults, however, because they are holy hypocrites. We all know that.
    Any proof or just an outsider with a bias opinion ?
    #Sparty Nation#

  10. #98
    wales uk wales
    Location: UK, Cymru mostly, sometimes England.
    Posts: 8,759
    Blog Entries: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldyoungin View Post
    Any proof or just an outsider with a bias opinion ?
    Who went in for literacy tests and such? Who is trying to re-introduce similar crap? No American extremist will consider 'proof' other than a quotation for their Holy Book, Wikipedia, so what is the point of any discussion? Some of your moderate-right conservatives will cheat at elections, but the nutter-conservatives will cheat much more because the American majority is still sane and they can't win without, obviously.

  11. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
    Who went in for literacy tests and such? Who is trying to re-introduce similar crap? No American extremist will consider 'proof' other than a quotation for their Holy Book, Wikipedia, so what is the point of any discussion? Some of your moderate-right conservatives will cheat at elections, but the nutter-conservatives will cheat much more because the American majority is still sane and they can't win without, obviously.
    Just as I thought no proof ...
    #Sparty Nation#

  12. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karma Mechanic View Post
    This is an idiotic statement. I am sorry I was going to read the entire thread before posting but this is insane. First we can stop voter fraud at the polling place simply by verifying all registration and having people sign in at their polling place. Being IDed could help a lot but requiring a specific form of ID is an effort to stop part of the population to vote. I know personally many people at my polling place, but I have to pull out my ID card etc. It is not a hassle for me but it is funny that I am talking to the woman about her kids while we go through the perfunctory legal dance. But what about the woman behind me who lives in the nursing home that I vote in. She doesn't drive, she uses a wheel chair, she has no family to take her to the DMV, how does she get the proper ID? Now think about those living in rural areas where the office to get said ID is miles away? Okay, let's all have ID, but here is the thing. The OP's example would not have been stopped by voter ID, and of course we have this: http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatch...o-voter-fraud/

    If we invalidate every election for the handful of voter fraud that occur we would never have elected officials. And the woman in Nevada was caught without an ID law. So you might want to change your position.
    You've got the point. Republicans don't want that lady to be able to vote. And they've spent a lot of money trying to make that happen.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cincinnati Poll Worker Charged
    By Foolardi in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 12 2013, 11:37 AM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: Feb 20 2013, 12:38 PM
  3. Ahmadinejad allies charged with sorcery
    By DonGlock26 in forum Latest US & World News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jan 08 2012, 11:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks