+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 532

Thread: Study finds US gay men becoming less promiscuous

  1. #251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    You might want to go back and read again. My post embraces everything that you want, except the "title" of marriage. You will not find a post by me anywhere that says that Civil Unions need to be denied all that you mention. The only thing that I have ever questioned were adoption rights, as I believe that parents for any child should be 1 man, 1 woman, when government is making the decision.
    Sorry, you didn't explicitly lay that out and I'm glad that you feel that way. Personally I feel that the title and adoption rights should be available. Agree to disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Many in the gay community want to see churches compelled to perform gay "marriages". That is not gonna happen.
    I know and I do not agree with that. Trying to force a church to do that only invites more animosity and is generally only done to seek attention. Its demeaning to gay people who actually wish to find common ground.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    I do not like playing this card. I do have a brother who is gay. Who is married to his partner. And whose employment is within the gay-rights legal profession. In a huge way. I know the issues inside out
    I believe that you do as you seem very articulate and don't resort to petty BS. I appreciate that.
    "They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?" Martin Grosse

    Forum Rules

  2. Likes Eighty Deuce liked this post
  3. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    No. They are not. Cite me examples. Prove me wrong.
    And another:

    Arguments Against Interracial Marriage Identical to Arguments Today
    rstones199 - The Voice Of Reason!
    When you say 'god', which one are you referring to?

    I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

  5. #253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rstones199 View Post
    Your article is not "way too long" to cite a single SCOTUS decision. It cites none. It only cites California Court.

    SCOTUS has not ruled on same-sex marriage as a civil right (although it is pending). All who claimed such were mistaken, My point stands.

  6. #254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bomac View Post
    Why do you bother posting? It is not a new law - fact. Society has agreed that gays are being discriminated when it comes to marriage - fact. Equality is the issue - fact. There is discrimination but "America" doesn't "allow" it.
    Fact: Using 'fact' doesn't magically make something a fact.

    Buh bye. Argument on its lowest level will be your solo pursuit.
    My sig has run afoul of the tiny scolds again, proving the truth of it.
    (What is the smallest quanta of exercisable power on the internet?)

    Any excuse will serve a tyrant. - Aesop . . . . . . . SHRUG

  7. #255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubed View Post
    Sorry, you didn't explicitly lay that out and I'm glad that you feel that way. Personally I feel that the title and adoption rights should be available. Agree to disagree.

    I know and I do not agree with that. Trying to force a church to do that only invites more animosity and is generally only done to seek attention. Its demeaning to gay people who actually wish to find common ground.

    I believe that you do as you seem very articulate and don't resort to petty BS. I appreciate that.
    Admittedly, I am more "progressive" on this than many Conservatives. I have been hugely influenced by seeing my younger brother grow up gay. Smart. Articulate. With a job that I wish that I could brag about, but which is uniguely high within the gay legal community, and would then take away the veil of anonymity. Which enables many real downsides. I have literally gone out to dine on occasion where there were 5 of us at a table in an upscale restaurant, and I was the only straight guy. If you have never done it, it takes some concessions. Some easing into. But my brother and I have been exceedingly frank and honest about the entire ordeal. He is 53. I am 58. We got history behind us on the mutual understandings.

    My hope is for Civil Unions in all 50 states. All privileges except adoption, and only because I see that as a difficult one to come to a decision on. There needs to be a high bar with all adoptions.

  8. #256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Except for the complete FALLACY that RACE and BEHAVIOR are "the same".
    No one claim that they were the same. People are claiming that people should be able to marry whoever they love except for current restrictions. There is no restriction on same sex marriages in some states but there are restrictions in other states. Society asks "Why?" And none of you have come up with any good reasons except your bias, religious beliefs, and straw arguments.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rstones199 View Post
    Arguments against sibling marriage is similar to interracial marriage. Arguments against bestiality is similar to interracial marriage... Arguments against Pedophilia is similar to interracial marriage... Arguments against to polygamy is similar to interracial marriage..

    What's the point? I say if gays can marry, than everyone can marry anyone or anything they want..

    http://www.lemondrop.com/2009/07/08/...dog-seriously/
    http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2011/02/h...-evil-spirits/







    now back to more partying


  10. Likes Radio Refugee liked this post
  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rstones199 View Post
    Opinion. RACE does not = BEHAVIOR. Sorry.
    "When the Electorate realizes they can vote themselves money from the Treasury, it will herald the end of the Republic." - Benjamin Franklin (most likely)



  12. #259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio Refugee View Post
    Fact: Using 'fact' doesn't magically make something a fact.
    Which is why I proved your "facts" wrong. Buh bye.

  13. #260
    germany de bavaria
    Location: Munich, Germany
    Posts: 5,214
    Blog Entries: 3
    My Latest Mood: Aggressive

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldyoungin View Post
    You don't find it odd that only 2 % of those surveyed had sexual contact with a male in last YEAR ?
    2% had a male-on-male sexual encounter within the last year. This article in the Open AIDS Journal pegs it at 2.9% of the population at large, with a margin between 2.6% and 3.2% (go back further and the numbers get quite a bit higher), so the 2% in the article - well, okay, 2.1%, varying by race - is not that far off the mark. It's also possible that I misread the data. But did you even read the data to begin with? As said, if you want to assert bias, provide evidence. You now have the dataset, the methods of accumulation, and much of the information they used to provide their conclusions. The sample size was quite clearly not 10, they didn't interview solely people coming out of the "homosexuals for monogamy" club, and their numbers match up with society at large. So what's the bias? You have all the information you need to review the study; how come you're still throwing out hypotheticals and baseless accusations, rather than, say, actually saying, "here's the error, here's the bias, this is why the study is bad"?

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kenyan gay men become sex slaves in Arab Gulf",
    By DutchClogCyborg in forum Latest US & World News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jan 04 2012, 09:05 AM
  2. could America become less homophobic and select a gay president
    By HDtv in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Sep 02 2011, 08:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks