+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 311

Thread: MOD ANNOUNCEMENT: Member Debates (Input needed)

  1. #271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    There's nothing to indicate that posters wouldn't be allowed to debate.
    Really?, read this;;;

    ''If you choose not to accept the challenge issued, you won't be permitted to participate in the exchange taking place in the debate thread itself (until judging is complete). However, if you'd like to quote portions of the exchange and discuss it elsewhere (sideline thread) then you're free to do that...which enables you to make your points with all who also didn't accept the issued challenge. Those who are debating are also free to participate in such a sideline thread.''

    This is one of the most arrogant, condescending, Exclusive, pathetic ideas I ever ever read here. [screams of insecurity may I add]
    I can hardly believe others are buying into this, I'm embarrassed for them. So if I ''refuse'' to except the ''challenge'' issued, I will not be ''permitted'' to participate in the exchange taking place in the debate thread itself''
    What the Hell is that zero? WHAT? an inducement? punishment? banishment? how about ''Manipulation'' with a strong dose of ''much needed'' collusion.
    Might I suggest whoever thought of this be watched ''VERY'' carefully Zero...very carefully...LOL

    Now, put it in a group, no problem. That's where silly self idolizing ideas like this belong, together with a copy of Mein Kampf I suppose.
    Infraction??, but he insulted me FIRST!!
    So report him.He reported you, we usually check reports first. Next time report him
    Oh, I will thanx...

  2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

  3. #272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flounder View Post
    Hey frog remember the old days?, If somebody wanted to go one on one they would call the poster out,,A mod would reff it and let everybody know. They would go at it for a few pages and everybody left them alone out of respect. Before you knew it the debate was over and everything went back to normal....so easy...

    I guess too easy huh?
    that was in the old days?

    it looks like a good idea, there was nothing elitist about it.

    maybe a random pick from the pool would take out the selective authoritative control in this proposal
    Last edited by liberalminority; Jul 08 2011 at 11:14 PM.
    NOT ALL CONSERVATIVES ARE RACIST, but all racists are conservative.

    UnAmerican not to be for Obama,Government=Solution,Patriotism=Paying Taxes

    Democrats: Freedom For Poor Republicans: Freedom For Rich

  4. #273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneThunder View Post
    Wrong. The moderators are supposed to block posters from certain threads if they are constantly flaming, trolling etc.
    I think you misunderstood the intent of my comment, OneThunder. I have no problem with moderators monitoring threads and removing trolls, or flamers. I was referring to telling someone they could not participate in a thread because the moderator thought the person was not a high enough caliber poster or not worthy of being allowed to post in the thread.
    Vox clamanto in deserto.

    “There is no social entity with a good that undergoes some sacrifice for its own good. There are only individual people, different individual people, with their own individual lives. Using one of these people for the benefit of others, uses him and benefits the others. Nothing more.” Robert Nozick

  5. #274

    Default

    Flounder is correct, telling someone they cannot participate in a thread because they did not accept an invitation is the height of arrogance. It was supposedly an invitation, not an order to participate although it comes across more as an order if failure to accept carries a punishment.
    Vox clamanto in deserto.

    “There is no social entity with a good that undergoes some sacrifice for its own good. There are only individual people, different individual people, with their own individual lives. Using one of these people for the benefit of others, uses him and benefits the others. Nothing more.” Robert Nozick

  6. #275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    I think you misunderstood the intent of my comment, OneThunder. I have no problem with moderators monitoring threads and removing trolls, or flamers. I was referring to telling someone they could not participate in a thread because the moderator thought the person was not a high enough caliber poster or not worthy of being allowed to post in the thread.
    Yet they can take a talking point, an idea from that very thread closed to others, and start their own thread, open to everyone.

    Wag more, bark less

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Vagary is not the same as vague. You're welcome.
    Yes, which is why I used the word vagary, and not vague, because it was the word I intended to use.

    I am not sure of what your point was Trinnity other than to post a nasty little piece of a post in an effort to try and show something. I speak English. I use words like vagary, caudal, distal, and so on.

    So if you have a problem with me using words then please inform the mods. Because frankly, I leave the whole "communicate by picture" (*)(*)(*)(*) to the idiots.
    Last edited by Think for myself; Jul 09 2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Ezekiel 23:20

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    Flounder is correct, telling someone they cannot participate in a thread because they did not accept an invitation is the height of arrogance. It was supposedly an invitation, not an order to participate although it comes across more as an order if failure to accept carries a punishment.
    Well yeah, the point is not to allow everyone to participate. These threads are different than the vast majority. Likewise, I don't go to parties I'm not invited to or decline to attend.
    Forever Forward

  9. #278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shangrila View Post
    Yet they can take a talking point, an idea from that very thread closed to others, and start their own thread, open to everyone.
    Oh be still my heart,,,,Please, Oh please let me be worthy of such a Gift that it may be granted..Let me ask you? as these enlightened posters enter this most humble thread can we have a picture taken? ACTUALLY QUOTE THEM TOO? I really want to know if we can quote them word for word...it's important
    I wonder,,,how am I worthy, how is it this gift will be stowed upon me....
    [I believe we can still start any thread we like, or is that being altered as well.?] I think it is important we know this.

    I guess since these posters have been deemed to have the ''Right Stuff'' we can expect them all to have clean records right? We would not expect such things as infractions, warnings, or GOD FORBID BEING BANNED on their resume,,Heck last thing these people would want is to be labeled is HYPOCRITES!!!
    This is a very important question since trolling and other problematic things have been discussed as part of the reason for this. What's everybody's take on clean records?..I imagine it's very important. Unless certain posters are ''EXCUSED'' for their bad behavior. Naaaa they would never do that, to think that posters that have called other people Racists and Bigots with nothing more then unfounded opinions would never be part of anything like this.

    My God what kind of examples would they be? As pointed out in the OP we want to encourage a certain type of posting. I would expect all those with tarnished records would bow out honestly and willingly.
    We must insist on clean records, and very obviously nobody that has ever been banned should be placed in the position of Moding, Judging, or debating in this New Venture....AGREED?

    Infraction??, but he insulted me FIRST!!
    So report him.He reported you, we usually check reports first. Next time report him
    Oh, I will thanx...

  10. #279

    Default

    I would like to donate a new smiley to the Great Debate project. Everybody reading the debate gets one of these to use as you see fit, just don't you dare say a word.

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    I think you misunderstood the intent of my comment, OneThunder. I have no problem with moderators monitoring threads and removing trolls, or flamers. I was referring to telling someone they could not participate in a thread because the moderator thought the person was not a high enough caliber poster or not worthy of being allowed to post in the thread.
    That was never suggested by a moderator, here.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks