+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Ron Paul in 1st place in South Dakota

  1. Default

    To the original post.

    You know how many fools live in South Dakota..about the same that live in Iowa ?

    You think by carrying Iowa and SD. you can beat Obama's big cities ?

    Nice political strategy.
    Mn. Attack Gophers Defending America.
    Death From Below.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteVoluntarist View Post
    In which debate? What is the quote? If so, good. All people who want to work should be free to come and work. Sorry if you don't like the competition, but as a consumer, I want people competing to serve me.

    I don't want to end up competing for third world wages. It might be fine and dandy for foreigners to sleep in a tent while they work their butts off for pennies it's not good enough for me and my family. American jobs should be reserved for American workers and a minimum wage set up so that those who work for a living can earn a living. Then set up tariffs for those countries that don't pay their workers a living wage.

    Ron Paul would turn us into a third world country full of have's, those who own businesses, and have nots, those who are employees working for barely enough to sustain themselves.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  3. #23

    Default

    Ron Paul would turn us into a third world country full of have's, those who own businesses, and have nots, those who are employees working for barely enough to sustain themselves.
    Extend your thoughts further than using vague words which leaves others guessing what you find so conflicting with his ideology. Also extend your thoughts as to why his ideology will bring about what you've said...
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    I don't want to end up competing for third world wages. It might be fine and dandy for foreigners to sleep in a tent while they work their butts off for pennies it's not good enough for me and my family. American jobs should be reserved for American workers and a minimum wage set up so that those who work for a living can earn a living. Then set up tariffs for those countries that don't pay their workers a living wage.

    Ron Paul would turn us into a third world country full of have's, those who own businesses, and have nots, those who are employees working for barely enough to sustain themselves.
    You still haven't given me the quote where Ron Paul advocates open borders...

    Anyway, monopolizing the labor market will make you much poorer as a consumer; it might boost your nominal wages but it will reduce your real wages by causing the prices of goods and services to skyrocket. You also haven't given me a reason why I should care more about your welfare than that of a "foreigner" who wants a better life. My sense of compassion doesn't stop at the border. Regardless, free trade and free movement of goods and labor improves the lot of everyone, as David Ricardo showed 200 years ago.

    As for the minimum wage, the minimum wage forces young and inexperienced workers in unemployment by forcing them to charge more for their labor that it is worth in the marketplace. It is disastrous for these workers.
    Aggression is always evil.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roelath View Post
    Extend your thoughts further than using vague words which leaves others guessing what you find so conflicting with his ideology. Also extend your thoughts as to why his ideology will bring about what you've said...
    I already did.
    1. removing minimum wage laws will allow companies to give jobs to the lowest bidder, not completely a bad thing.
    However when matched up with the fact that Ron Paul also wants to open the border, give work visas, to any foreigner who wants to work here, most of which will come from third world countries, will mean we will be forced to compete for third world country wages.

    It's simple logic really.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MnBillyBoy View Post
    To the original post.

    You know how many fools live in South Dakota..about the same that live in Iowa ?

    You think by carrying Iowa and SD. you can beat Obama's big cities ?

    Nice political strategy.
    Since the big cities tend to be left-wing and since Ron Paul's anti-war, pro-civil-liberties positions would appeal to left-wingers more than the warmongering police statism of his opponents, I'd say Ron Paul would do far better in those cities against Obama than any other Republican.
    Aggression is always evil.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteVoluntarist View Post
    You still haven't given me the quote where Ron Paul advocates open borders...
    I didn't say open borders. I said he wants to give work visas to anyone who wants one.
    In his 2011 book Liberty Defined, Rep. Paul notes that if government-mandated free services and the government-created unemployed crisis were "fixed," then the resulting "free and prosperous economy" would look for labor and "immigrant workers would be needed and welcomed. This need could be managed by a generous guest worker program." Rep. Paul also says that "with free markets and private property, a need for immigrant labor becomes obvious. Make it easy and legal with a generous visitor worker program."
    http://www.numbersusa.com/content/action/ron-paul.html
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    I already did.
    1. removing minimum wage laws will allow companies to give jobs to the lowest bidder, not completely a bad thing.
    However when matched up with the fact that Ron Paul also wants to open the border, give work visas, to any foreigner who wants to work here, most of which will come from third world countries, will mean we will be forced to compete for third world country wages.

    It's simple logic really.
    What is the problem with that? It advocates people becoming Citizens rather than illegals.
    Last edited by Roelath; Dec 17 2011 at 09:27 AM.
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."

  9. #29
    Location: Southeast USA
    Posts: 62,129
    My Latest Mood: Amused

    Default

    Bless his heart Ron Paul is too old and too much the ideocrat to negotiate the rapids of US foreign policy.......

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roelath View Post
    What is the problem with that? It advocates people becoming Citizens rather than illegals.
    It means people will be working for McDonalds for 3 bucks an hour and living 15 people to a one bedroom efficiency while doing so and I have to compete with that to provide a living for my family if Ron Paul is elected.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks