Threads regarding controversial figures (please read)
As always, things tend to get hot during election cycles and when discussing controversial figures, particularly when they're prominent in the news. Examples might be Sarah Palin, Barack Obama during the birth certificate debate, and (most recently) Ron Paul.
Please keep in mind that all the forum rules still apply when discussing these people. Our prohibitions on trolling, flaming, and personal attacks still apply and will be rigorously enforced in these threads. Love them or hate them, the fact that they are an active subject on the forum at the moment does not give you license to violate the rules.
You can help the staff to keep things on an even keel by following a few simple guidelines:
- Avoid discussing individual posters. Always attack the argument, never attack the poster.
- Avoid making posts that appear to be provocative, especially if they do not further the discussion.
- Make every attempt to stay on-topic.
- When confronted with a poster who appears to be violating the rules, it is imperative that you do not return fire. Simply report the offensive post to us and let us handle it.
- Try to find an existing topic that covers your subject before posting a new one.
By following these guidelines, you can avoid trouble and help us all get through this.
Thanks and happy holidays,
Last edited by GoSlash27; Dec 29 2011 at 06:31 AM.
Reason: Expanding to cover future figures
"Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain"- Iowa state motto