+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: I Really Like Ron Paul. I Really Do. I'm Voting For Obama Though.

  1. Default I Really Like Ron Paul. I Really Do. I'm Voting For Obama Though.

    Ron Paul is really the only guy worth watching in the debates. He's just so danm honest! I agree with him on a LOT of points too e.g. Why TF are we giving money to foreign politicians when we don't even trust our own; the war on drugs has already been lost etc...
    But the stuff I disagree with him on, I disagree with so strongly that I won't vote for him. Plus I find the Libertarian Philosophy very flawed when it comes to The Market correcting itself. I've lived in places that had virturally no corporate regulation. No thanks.
    I didn't like Obama at all for about two years. There are two things I'm still pretty furious with him about: ObamaCare and NDAA. Oh well.
    But he has kept a LOT of his promises (including ObamaCare, which was one I wish he hadn't).
    I didn't blame Bush for high prices and I don't blame Obama (well, maybe just a little but not to the extent the ConservaRepubs would like to believe).
    I find this to be the most absurd time in history for the GOP to be so focused on social issues. I am former military and had friends who were Force Recon in Afghanistan. An Army translator listened in on chatter and kept them away from some seriously bad juju. Turned out he was gay. Took weeks to get another guy fluent in Pashtu or whatever TF it was.
    So repealing DADT was a seriously big deal to a lot of people.
    Also, as the DOO of a charity that helps returning troops and Veterans, I watched them get screwed by the GOP for years. Obama has funded a TON of programs for Vets and the VA that I like a lot. Also, he specifically had language written in that put in place the strongest protective measures of women in the military in history.
    When I'm volunteering, the three candidates I hear the most positives things about are #1. Obama #2. Ron Paul and #3. "Anyone but Obama" (from the diehard ConservaRepubs). But there is no denying, this guy is liked a lot more military than any Dem in a long time.
    Getting us out of Iraq is a big deal. I know it was already set but gee, have presidents spun things and broken promises before. So okey dokey.
    He said he'd take the focus to Afghanistan and go after the people who actually attacked America. He killed more Taliban and Al Qaeda leaders in a couple years, than Bush did in eight. He followed the leads from dozens of SOF ops to Pakistan. Then, right in public, he negotiated the release of a US spy from the Pakistan government. A couple months later, He got Bin Laden and yes, I give him credit for that. Now that we finally MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, he's announced the withdraw from Afghanistan. All Bush's wars are over. The most important one, won by Obama.
    And waddya know. We're getting out.
    Libya. The Republicans (Boehner, Cantor) were screaming we should "Do Something". Then, with an actual NATO led force, we did. Not one American life. Quick withdraw. So of course, the Republicans suddenly became doves and screamed "Hey! He DID something!". WTF??? Hypocrisy much?
    Same thing with Aw Lakhi. Suddenly the GOP sounded more like the ACLU! WTF!!!!

    So what are the Republicans offering me? Romney seemed worth a look but he has been forced into Romney Version 5.9 by the other two. Now he is so socially Conservative! For now.

    After months of talking about the fact that, even if the Dow is going up and UnEmployment is (according to FOX) going down and manufacturing is going up and.... well whatever, ALL is Doom & Gloom! Also it's all about the DEFICIT! That's the key folks!
    So they all released their budgets. All of their budgets RAISE THE DEFICIT!!! WTF??? (okay not Ron Paul).
    The same low taxes that haven't made a dam bit of difference in the economy or unemployment for years, will suddenly cure all ills if we elect them. Riiiiight.
    Gay marriage? Like I care. But I do think they should be able to visit each other in hospitals and get benefits or whatever? Sure why not.
    Contraception? Are you outta your dam mind??? Yeah, THAT will get my vote.
    All these social issues leave me unimpressed.

    The GOP candidates suck. Really, badly.
    Obama isn't great but during the last year he's been pretty dam good.
    I'm voting for him.

    LibDems may now chime in their agreement.
    Libertarians may now make valid points and arguments.
    ConservaRepubs may now sling insults and labels. (Except Fitz and a couple others who are actually great debaters!)

    Only a fool would believe the Democrats are right about everything or to blame for everything. Only a fool would believe the Republicans are right about everything or to blame for everything.

  2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

  3. Default

    Mondale is your guy !
    Mn. Attack Gophers Defending America.
    Death From Below.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoPartyAffiliation View Post
    Ron Paul is really the only guy worth watching in the debates. He's just so danm honest! I agree with him on a LOT of points too e.g. Why TF are we giving money to foreign politicians when we don't even trust our own; the war on drugs has already been lost etc...
    !)
    Ron Paul is kinda like Jesus Christ. Everyone says Jesus is a swell guy as well. In fact, it seems every religion wants a peice of him to that end. However, they only want a piece of him, not the whole package. They will then slice and dice him and only take what appeals to them and trash the rest. Unfortunately, in doing so what they have really done is trash all of him but they don't seem to recognize this fact. So when the mocking crowds come out to gather, the centurian will say, who shall live? Shall it be Jesus or Barabas? The crowds will yell 100% of the time, "Give us Barabas!".

    Edit: If you would write in Barabas instead of Barak I would be very grateful.
    Last edited by montra; Feb 24 2012 at 02:46 PM.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MnBillyBoy View Post
    Mondale is your guy !
    What? Who likes Mondale? Mondale doesn't even like himself.

  6. Default

    Obama may very well win reelection. In such event things will be exactly the way they are right now. That's what NPA is voting for...the status quo.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoPartyAffiliation View Post
    After months of talking about the fact that, even if the Dow is going up and UnEmployment is (according to FOX) going down and manufacturing is going up and.... well whatever, ALL is Doom & Gloom! Also it's all about the DEFICIT! That's the key folks!
    So they all released their budgets. All of their budgets RAISE THE DEFICIT!!! WTF??? (okay not Ron Paul).
    !)
    This should be enough of an incentive to vote for Ron Paul. He is the only candidate serious about dealing with the deficit. In fact, I'd say he is the only candidate to keep the US out of Iran as well. Even Obama's appointed expert Tim Giethner said that Obama's proposed budget is not sustainable. Heck, even Obama admits the spending is not sustainable. They say this smiling while not doing anything about it. In fact, all they want to do is spend more. So go ahead and cheer on the sidelines as unemployment goes down a few points and the stock market gives you a few more nickles to rub together while America prepares for the riots like they are witnessing in Greece. Of course, the new NDAA legislation will make dealing with the riots much easier, don't you think?
    Last edited by montra; Feb 24 2012 at 02:45 PM.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MnBillyBoy View Post
    Mondale is your guy !
    MINNESOTA !
    WE never pick winners...
    The kiss of death for Santorum..
    sorry I meant Wellstone..no cant..Franken! That's the guy..maybe a bit conservative for the NE.
    Last edited by MnBillyBoy; Feb 24 2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Mn. Attack Gophers Defending America.
    Death From Below.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by montra View Post
    Ron Paul is kinda like Jesus Christ. Everyone says Jesus is a swell guy as well. In fact, it seems every religion wants a peice of him to that end. However, they only want a piece of him, not the whole package. They will then slice and dice him and only take what appeals to them and trash the rest. Unfortunately, in doing so what they have really done is trash all of him but they don't seem to recognize this fact. So when the mocking crowds come out to gather, the centurian will say, who shall live? Shall it be Jesus or Barabas? The crowds will yell 100% of the time, "Give us Barabas!".

    Edit: If you would write in Barabas instead of Barak I would be very grateful.
    Folks don't realize that Paul centers all stances around a principle. Seeing gray on this or that as opposed to realizing that there is a right or wrong way to do things is the best way to erode any principle, in this case it's liberty.
    I find it to be near impossible for someone to have a valid perception of reality and maintain a clear and consistent preference of one political party over another.

  10. #9

    Default

    To be honest, I would like Obama to win, in order to slap the republicans in the face. Figuratively of course. After the GOP canadites this year, they're going to need to rethink a couple of their stragedies.

    But hey, I don't really care who wins, they're all the same. They just need to get a party majority in the House and Senate. That's all I care about.
    "Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it."- American Philosopher George Santayana

  11. #10

    Default

    The debt/deficit trumps everything. RP is the only candidate that will bring back fiscal sanity. Anyone that doesn't address this issue head-on is driving this country over the cliff. A second Obama term or anyone else will take our debt to over $20 Trillion. At that point we'll be spending $1 Trillion a year in interest on the debt. What kind of country do you suppose we'll have with that millstone hanging around our neck?

    Comparison of GOP candidates economic plans:

    http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/23/news...cits/index.htm

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...isrc=dailypaul
    ______________________

    The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form..... Jefferson Davis

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

    "Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet!"..... Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Voting for Ron Paul in the NV Caucus Today
    By NoPartyAffiliation in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 04 2012, 08:21 PM
  2. Racist David Duke will be voting for Ron Paul
    By Jason Bourne in forum Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Jan 09 2012, 07:20 AM
  3. Who else is voting for Ron Paul?
    By Daggdag in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Dec 07 2011, 04:33 AM
  4. Ron Paul's Voting Record
    By Monster Zero in forum Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Oct 09 2011, 01:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks