Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 475354555657585960 LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 596

Thread: Gun Related Deaths In America 2012

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    You've put your foot in it again. The cliché will typically refer to raw data, given basic statistical analysis will lead to spurious conclusion. Its imperative that empirical bias is monitored, ensuring properly conducted hypothesis testing.
    Blah, blah, blah for ignore the facts, listen to the two men in the white lab coats.
    Liberals claim to want to give hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views ~ William F. Buckley, Jr.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    You're not making sense here. The majority of the available empirical studies, reflecting the influence of US academia and the abundance of the data availability, is US specific. The evidence just doesn't support your dogma. You need to adapt!
    Sorry Reiv, I'll stick with the raw data because you have shown nothing to prove your hypothesis at this point.

  3. #563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Sorry Reiv, I'll stick with the raw data ...
    That will only ensure a complete inability to support your argument. I know that's a quite popular outcome amongst you fellows, but try to break the tradition!

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    You demand tabloidism because of complexity. In reality (and reality isn't your friend here my ole china), its that complexity that ensures the need for empirical analysis rather than spurious spurt. You're attacking yourself without realising it
    No, I just want a straight answer with none of the trimings.

  5. #565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    No, I just want a straight answer with none of the trimings.
    You should be asking for a 'non-biased' answer

  6. Default

    The idea some want to push is that "more guns=more violence" which has not been proven yet and the "raw facts" disprove.
    Liberals claim to want to give hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views ~ William F. Buckley, Jr.

  7. #567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    The idea some want to push is that "more guns=more violence" which has not been proven yet and the "raw facts" disprove.
    Raw data cannot prove or disprove. It can only be used within an empirical methodology that can reject or fail to reject. Basic stats!

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    Raw data cannot prove or disprove. It can only be used within an empirical methodology that can reject or fail to reject. Basic stats!
    In other words, no one has proved "more guns=more crime".
    Liberals claim to want to give hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views ~ William F. Buckley, Jr.

  9. #569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    In other words, no one has proved "more guns=more crime".
    The hypothesis cannot be rejected. Please learn some basic stats

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    The hypothesis cannot be rejected. Please learn some basic stats
    The hypothesis cannot be rejected, nor can the hypothesis "more guns=less crime".
    Liberals claim to want to give hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views ~ William F. Buckley, Jr.

Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 475354555657585960 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 is going to be much worse than 2012 for America - Jim Rogers
    By DA60 in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: Feb 04 2012, 06:01 PM
  2. 12 Reasons Why America Needs Michele Bachmann To Run For President In 2012
    By Ostap Bender in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: Dec 21 2011, 04:40 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Oct 30 2011, 09:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks