+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 83

Thread: Democrats think like a woman...

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    As one who is pro-life, I only wish this were true of abortion. However, on this issue, we see over and over, conservatives presenting pictures of dead fetuses, along with appeals to emotions, to defend the argument.
    Brilliant I say ... Brilliant
    "PAY ATTENTION STUPID! They're not coming for your guns, they're coming for your Social Security!"

    For a Good Conservative Whine goto tPF


  2. #12
    usa
    Location: Santa Monica California
    Posts: 6,411
    Blog Entries: 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly Minx View Post



    Actually, conservatives, statistically speaking, tend to be dumber in terms of IQ. Dumber than liberals and dumber than average. That's because, as the linked study reveals, thinking with your heart is thinking with your head, the alternative to which is simply not thinking.

    That does not address the statement that men are heavily skewed toward logical/Mathematical Intelligence whether they are democrats or republicans.

    We all know that women do more poorly in mathematics in the academic community, for instance.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cupid dave View Post
    That does not address the statement that men are heavily skewed toward logical/Mathematical Intelligence whether they are democrats or republicans.

    We all know that women do more poorly in mathematics in the academic community, for instance.
    That statement shows either ignorance or willful stupidity.

    In other words, the standard right-wing "bag of used kitty-litter"

    “Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life.’" ~John Fugelsang

    PF's Liberal Progressive Underground


  4. #14
    usa
    Location: Santa Monica California
    Posts: 6,411
    Blog Entries: 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    As one who is pro-life, I only wish this were true of abortion. However, on this issue, we see over and over, conservatives presenting pictures of dead fetuses, along with appeals to emotions, to defend the argument.


    It makes sense.

    The Right is appealling to the democrats and liberals who are affected by the feeling that can be generated by presenting the emotional content that Abortion can induce.

    Most rational, cool minded conservatives use simple common sense to see that crime and social problems arise from Single Mothers who are as sexually promiscuous as those who need abortions.

    Abortions and contraceptives do not stop the growing Welfare System nor the ever increasing illegitimacy that is now half of all births every year.

    What these things do is enable teens and never married girls to think their behavior is normal and not shameful.
    these approaches actually enable the young people to continue the behavior that is destroying America.

    Abortion = illegitimate births today and every year since 1972, are both around 1.5 million.

  5. #15
    usa
    Location: Santa Monica California
    Posts: 6,411
    Blog Entries: 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toddwv View Post
    That statement shows either ignorance or willful stupidity.

    In other words, the standard right-wing "bag of used kitty-litter"
    Ignorance...???

    I studied the literature in order not to be ignorant.

    "Across generations and cultures, women have reached remarkable levels of scientific and social achievement. Yet five years into the 21st century, the leader of one of the world’s most elite universities, in one of the oldest democracies, opined upon “the unfortunate truth” that women probably are not as mentally equipped for work in math and science as men (STUDY: Summers 2005)."

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cupid dave View Post
    It makes sense.

    The Right is appealling to the democrats and liberals who are affected by the feeling that can be generated by presenting the emotional content that Abortion can induce.
    The problem is that such appeals to emotion fail just as miserable as appeals to emotion targeted toward conservatives. In fact, appeals to emotion rarely move anyone except those who already agree with you.

    Most rational, cool minded conservatives use simple common sense to see that crime and social problems arise from Single Mothers who are as sexually promiscuous as those who need abortions.

    Abortions and contraceptives do not stop the growing Welfare System nor the ever increasing illegitimacy that is now half of all births every year.

    What these things do is enable teens and never married girls to think their behavior is normal and not shameful.
    these approaches actually enable the young people to continue the behavior that is destroying America.
    Now here is a sound argument against abortion that one rarely sees a conservative make. "Abortion promotes a culture of selfishness and irresponsibility that can only have a negative effect on society as a whole." I like it--logical, reasonabe, and difficult to disprove--yet conservatives almost always turn to pictures of dead babies (as if people haven't seen those before), or resort to attacking abortion supporters as baby-killers, which of course, only serves to further entrench them into their current state of mind.
    “I get a kick out of being an outsider constantly. It allows me to be creative. I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.”
    ― Bill Hicks

    Americans are easily startled, but they'll soon be back...and in greater numbers.


    WARNING! In the unlikely event of an accidental agreement with anything stated in the above post, contact a clinical psychiatrist immediately.

  7. Default

    Most rational, cool minded conservatives use simple common sense to see that crime and social problems arise from Single Mothers who are as sexually promiscuous as those who need abortions.
    The reason that they call it "common" sense is that anyone with a partially intact frontal lobe can utilize it. I guess your lobe is partially intact, isn't it?

  8. #18
    usa
    Location: Santa Monica California
    Posts: 6,411
    Blog Entries: 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The problem is that such appeals to emotion fail just as miserable as appeals to emotion targeted toward conservatives. In fact, appeals to emotion rarely move anyone except those who already agree with you.



    Now here is a sound argument against abortion that one rarely sees a conservative make. "Abortion promotes a culture of selfishness and irresponsibility that can only have a negative effect on society as a whole." I like it--logical, reasonabe, and difficult to disprove--yet conservatives almost always turn to pictures of dead babies (as if people haven't seen those before), or resort to attacking abortion supporters as baby-killers, which of course, only serves to further entrench them into their current state of mind.
    I do not think I am a conservative nor a liberal.

    I find that my thinking on all issues is a third view, one not immediately acceptable to either camp, the liberals or the conservatives.

    For instnace, I am for abortion in that it ought be made mandatory for unmarried women who do not own property nor have an income or large sum of savings, all of which denies them access to Welfare.

    This suggestion when applied to the Kuznets Curve Theory predicts that whereas abortions will rise for some period of time, reaching a peak before all illegitimacy stops, the trend of the curve downward will begin and end with zero abortions and zero Welfare.

    Now certaily this is not immediately acceptable to the Liberals who would rather scotchtape the Welfare program together with arguments that free contraceptives, free abortions, Safe Sex, and Sex Education will finally work to eliminate the crushing $10.5 trillion budget requirement over the next decade for aid to dependent mothers.

    And, the conservatives who right now want no or much much fewer abortions would have no patience to await the Kuznets Curve effect to solve the problem.




  9. Default

    The Democrat solution for the Gun killings is to do away with the Guns.
    If Right Wingers believe this is true, how come we have threads FULL of Right Wingers claiming Obama "murdered" a border agent because some guns were sold across the border?
    -----------------------

  10. #20
    usa us vermont
    Location: Vermont (USA)
    Posts: 418
    Blog Entries: 4

    Default

    cupid dave wrote:
    That does not address the statement that men are heavily skewed toward logical/Mathematical Intelligence whether they are democrats or republicans.

    We all know that women do more poorly in mathematics in the academic community, for instance.
    By a slim margin. What's your point?

    Life, and even logic, are way more than just math. If you indeed believe women are therefore more driven by whims than by reason, you might consider the reality that young women have far fewer auto accidents than men of the same age group -- to the extent that insurance companies charge young men higher rates. Or you might consider the fact that women in this country are less likely than men to cycle to work because they are more apt to feel that it's unsafe to. Or we could point to the more stable, less erratic voting trends among women. Or any of tons of other examples. In fact, in an overall sense, girls getting better grades than guy anymore, at that. So are we really dumber and just driven by whims?

    You see, it's actually men who are somewhat more impulsive on balance. Women as a sex have a long history of being in the more vulnerable social position and therefore have come to place somewhat more value on safety and stability. For example, women are the principal dependents on the welfare system. As a result, women have developed a longstanding trend of voting for the Democratic Party. (Whereas men, by contrast, have more erratic voting patterns, but are also somewhat more apt to vote for the Republican Party.) When surveyed on what issues determine their vote, the issue of the welfare system is the most common answer among women. So it isn't so much that women are necessarily social liberals as it is that they tend to be social-democrats out of pragmatic considerations.
    Last edited by Polly Minx; Mar 21 2012 at 03:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Nov 16 2011, 03:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks