Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Pro_Line_FL, Dec 2, 2021.
Don't @Despair. It can change back.
And we might face a Martian invasion someday... but I doubt it.
We could blast civilization from the surface of Afghanistan with non nuclear armaments.
I suggest that you continue to vote Democrat if you don't like strong tactics with NATO
Also, don't vote for Trump
TDS lives strong in this thread
It lives everywhere. Though I'm not fan of Trump.
Are you crazy? You really think we might fight all three combined in some gigantic WW3? My lord, when will people like you feel safe?
I don't think there is much in the way of civilization to blast there, but if you can't win a war other than by killing every single man woman, and child, why not use nukes?
When we are strong enough to defeat any conceivable threat without having to even go all out to do it.
What makes you feel safe?
We are aware.
The knowledge that we have people like you marginalized both here and abroad.
So .. Never
Less paranoid war mongers in the world would help
One of the few smart things that Trump did geopolitically - was to highlight what a waste of time and Money "NATO" is.
How much are we wasting on NATO?
The truth is that we'd be spending MORE if NATO didn't exist.
The "NATO is a waste of money" line was just one more demonstration of Trumps ignorance.
1) most of what we spend
2) really .. do tell me how we would be spending more if NATO didn't exist -- but your still wrong don Neocon.
3) The one who is ignorant .. is the one who does not support claim .. and calls others ignorant for disagreeing with their claim, consisting of spoon fed state sponsored propaganda narrative du jour - don't you agree ?
But, that very character 'flaw' gives so much more insight to multiple other flaws in his character.
How on earth do you reach that conclusion?
Right now we count on the idea that other countries would fight with us, but without them, we'd have to prepare to fight alone.
I call spade a spade.
No dude .. I just called a spade a spade -and you fit the profile .. did you not .. what a moronic joke of a comment - proving to the world that your pathetic attempt at name calling was projection.
1) Money spent on NATO could be spent elsewhere . it is not like the EU needs the US as a deterrent .. those deterrent things are called Nuclear Missiles -- which ensures US involvement in NATO is not needed.. Russia is not going to be attacking France/Germany .. anytime soon . and if they do .. we might as well have spent the money elsewhere .... as we sure as hell wont be defending them - crossing fingers and toes - desperately trying to avoid the nuclear holocaust that has just turned these nations into contaminated dead zones.
2) NATO helps us. Helps us do what .. Waste money on regime change wars .. some of which we probably would not be fighting were it not for "support from our allies" Support which is fleeting at best ... How many NATO members joined in the Iraq war ? Yeah ..
"Count on other nations to fight with us" .. what a joke .. really now .. fight with us where ... Libya, Yemen, Syria, Iraq - very little and on which we have wasted 10 Trillion dollars over the last 20 years - Afghanistan included .. where ohhh .. we got a little help there . didn't we.
Yeah .. where's my ROI on the 10 Trillion wasted .. 500 Billion a year could have bought alot of beer .. built a few roads .. infrastructure .. ramped up economy compete in the third millennium .. and that is in 2000 Dollars .. the equivalent of a hell of alot more .. and alot better than Bidens 120 Billion dollar infrastructure spend .. if ya get the math.
Now while I am sure that Trumps reasons had nothing to do with the above .. as he is a foreign policy and fiscal moron .. that doesn't change the fact that NATO is a relic of days gone buy .. serves little purpose ... for the cash we pay .. and in fact . as argued above .. serves a negative purpose .. making it easier for us to conduct these mindless regime change wars.
What name calling? Playing the victim card again?
Again: We don't spend money on NATO. We spend money on our own military, like submarines, and aircraft carriers which zig-zag the globe non-stop, and on bases in Japan, South Korea and 750 other based in 80 countries. Its not for NATO, its for us, because we insist on projecting our military strength around the world, and NATO is a part of that projection. It makes out military even stronger. How can you not know this?
By expanding out military strength.
Yes, they helped in Afghanistan, and the idea is that if one nation is attacked, the others will help. NATO Afghanistan was a surprise, since Afghanistan didn't attack the US. It was our war, but they helped. Either way, they pitched in and that reduced our cost. 25% of casualties there were non-US NATO troops.
Did you expect ROI? Staying there for 20 yrs was stupid, but it has nothing to do with the topic.
Maybe, but the fact remains, that we'd spend more on military without NATO.
1) in a fit of projection - you called me ignorant
2) "The Fact Remains" what a joke .. Spend more than 1.2 Trillion .. Your claim that we would spend more is made up nonsense .. and you run around crying "FACT .. FACT"
Only one fact that remains here .. but, we try to be nice
I called Trump ignorant, but if you want to take it personally, then so be it.
Yes, it is a fact. Without NATO, we'd spend even more than now.
we should. Much much more to prepare for the next major war.
Support your claim.. running around crying "its a fact" over and over .. is not support for claim.
Separate names with a comma.