Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by Mushroom, Sep 8, 2022.
A great lady. A true Noble.
I was hoping they'd skip Charles.
Charles will do his duty.
I am aware of that, autocorrect that I did not notice until I posted it.
And when a monarch is beloved, they statements can have a lot of the public follow them. If the Queen had spoken out against participating in any military action, even if she had no "real say" I have no doubt that they would not have gotten involved. Their power is mostly symbolic, but that can have a lot of influence on the nation itself even indirectly.
One thing that comes to mind recently was Brexit. The people were generally in favor, but there were agitators that were vocal and even hostile towards that as it came closer to a vote. And all she said was that all sides should be civil and respect the points of view of others.
Let all praise another person born rich who is funded by taxpayers to live an extremely wealthy lifestyle whose only directive is to wave hands while looking good and smiley while photographers take pictures pass the torch to their even more spoilt offspring to do the same over and over again all at the expense of tax payers. If anything, at least tabloids can make money off them for a change while pandering to the sheep who a fascinated by spoilt rich royalty who has never worked a hard day in their lives outside the games of Polo while riding horses for the amusement of more photographers.
They served in the military.. ...better than Trump or Biden. They did not choose their lifestyle.
Just for clarity the vote to leave the EU more or less split the UK.
48.1% in favour of remaining, and 51.9% in favour of leaving (brexit), the people were not 'generally' in favour, but very marginally.
From now on the national anthem will be:
God save our gracious King!
Long live our noble King!
God save the King!
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the King!
They may have not chosen their lifestyle, but the people were stupid enough to pay taxes to support people who have zero actual benefit for anyone else.
At least Biden and Trump served their country making daily decisions on Bills, proposals, domestic and foreign policy. Both presidents probably accomplished more in one year than a royal has done in their entire lives when it comes down to actual accomplishments involving hundreds of millions of people affected. There is not a comparison between a royal whose only job is to wave and meet people against an actual government president whose daily decisions affects millions directly as opposed to a royals decisions affects how many people watch them.
WW2 ... .I am glad we were bombed....now I can look the east end in the eye.....Queen Elizabeth....
Obviously, look at that ****ing moron Liz Truss
In this day and age it’s a curse to be born to into one of the few remaining Monarchies, in my opinion. Political correctness, by whatever flavor it manifests itself, from the Crown Prince of the KSA to King Charles are limits I’d never care for unless I found myself unable to eat.
As a Knight, I show my respect to My Queen.
I wish her the best for her last journey.
Tuitio Fidei et Obsequium Pauperum
Apparently they spent £450m of taxpayers money in the year 2020. Lord knows what on.
Very Cool. Thanks for your service.
Such an elegant and grand Queen.. she will always have my utmost respect.
Wrong Queen Elizabeth.
It was the Queen's mother who said that.
One of her many exemplary qualities was that she would never speak so poorly of anyone, even if they deserved it, as you have done of her.
The upkeep of the houses and grounds that netted the taxpayer at least twice that in tourist spending.
Apparently Irish and Black Twitter has a differing opinion.
Irish and black?
Are they kinds of wolfhounds or best whisky?
Oops ....but I still respect her service in the big war and her as a diplomat.
She performed her duty impeccably.
A great servant of the people.
Rest in peace ma'am.
Mad respect for this woman who never wanted the job, but did it with grace and dignity. God save the Queen, long live the king.
@Montegriffo I recall you saying on another forum that the per person cost for the monarchy was really low, compared to the financial gains from tourism that the monarchy brings.
Separate names with a comma.