A stupid family decided to buy a cordless vacuum cleaner. You know, the ones that use lithium ion batteries, the same batteries that power electric cars. Well, guess what? Their house has now burned down! quote from the article: "In the case of the vacuum, the family did everything right. They matched the battery specifications." Fire department warns about charging batteries after 2 house fires in Blue Springs, Missouri (kmbc.com) So you didn't realize cordless appliances with lithium ion batteries that store a lot of power could present a fire danger to your house? In this ultra modern world, progressive Leftists will think that the family should be able to sue - sue someone, some big corporation, for the damage to their house; that they should not have to bear any responsibility for this. But to a conservative mindset, that naive family got what was coming to them, and should have to bear the responsibility of their own stupidity. The manufacturer of that battery is probably some company located in China.