Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by Robert, Nov 8, 2020.
Only if I can assume you've an online diploma-mill degree with a masters in dumb@#$ology.
Trump stood up a national CV19 team on January 29 ahead of his ban on China.
Trump led the fight for free vaccines for all Americans and poured in billions of dollars to get vaccines in operation.
We were assured by experts the virus would kill 2 million Americans. Thanks to Trump the figure is a tenth of that.
After his handlers went into hyperspin mode. The Dems including Biden have been quite clear they want to ban fracking and all oil and natural gas production. In the short term that takes us back to being dependent on ME oil unless we want to turn to the Russians So hello higher energy prices, higher prices overall and less economic growth more unemployment and a more fragile world which Biden is not competent to manage.
He has the entire task force headed up by Pence, have you missed all that?? He has Operation Warpspeed which will go down as one of the greatest mobilizations in the history of the country and certainly nothing a Joe Biden or Kamala Harris could have put in place and EXECUTED. He has led the ME to a peace that has been unimaginable to all previous Presidents. He is the first President to finally get NATO to own up to their own commitments and defense STRENGTHENING it and making it a MORE formidable alliance Biden hasn't a clue as to what will bring us together after the divide the left has led us to, he's had 47 years and what does he have to show for it? Nothing but failure.
Does it make a difference why?
In a debate about racism, yes.
Blaming black on black violence on white racist cops is grotesquely unfair. Not to mention idiotic.
Naw, Dado... I'm an old fart. When I went to college you WENT to college and all the 'labs'. You studied your ass off, wrote elaborate term-papers, and underwent grueling tests, often culminating at semester's end in non-stop, "balls-to-the-wall", three-hour "Blue Book" final exams. There was no "online" anything, and, no, there were no 'take-home' tests, either.
Whatever that university 'experience' actually was, it did prepare me for an interesting, challenging, and rewarding work-life, and I don't regret a moment spent as an undergrad at the University of Texas at Austin, nor a dollar spent in pursuit of a real education....
. Why look! There's a portrait of me back in the day, studying Latin (I made a "C" in it, actually).
1. Yes, but in Sept 2019, he removed a large percentage of funding sustaining the CDC, so by January 2020, they were already working on a reduced budget. Also, Trump didn't let the scientists do their job themselves. He kept interfering & that cause problems in the long term. Eventually he lost interest & stepped aside, but he still refused to allow them to continue working on their own. Trump made the CDC an ineffective institution for coordinating the national response to Covid. By handing it all over to the state governors, he made the U.S. effort far less effective & more deadly than it would have been if he'd allowed the CDC to take charge & become a national central control headquarters for the fight.
2. Yes, I'll give Trump credit here. But his current fight to discredit the election results are now having a serious impact on organizing a system to distribute the new vaccines when they become available.
3. If Trump continues working on the theory of Herd Immunity, we might still reach those ugly numbers of dead. Right now Trump is doing nothing but damaging our prospects for a successful outcome with the virus. Right now Trump is fixated on achieving a coup on the Presidency of the U.S. by discrediting our democratic election. Trump is the first President in U.S. history to attempt a coup on the Presidency by ignoring the vote of the people. When he crossed that line, no one in this country who cares about it or the Constitution should continue supporting Trump. If found in any other country, such activity would be called treason.
My daughter went to undergrad at UT and is quite successful. It's still the case that in the business and engineering departments of America's better universities, one studies his ass off. There are no safe spaces, and opinions and feelings are held in low regard.
Uh, the U. S. military will be providing logistics support in the massive forthcoming effort to distribute the new COVID vaccine(s). It will go quickly forward, no matter who is "president" -- but it was Trump who got that 'ball rolling' -- at "warp-speed"....
BTW, Trump has mounted a battery of legal challenges to the election results in a number of different states. That hardly constitutes "TREASON"....
You seem to feel the task force against Covid & headed by Pence has been a resounding success. Yet, Pence himself, has attended only one meeting of that task force in over a month, & that during this time of extremely rapid spread affecting almost every state. The President's record is even worse, having attended no meeting about Covid for several months now. Your enthusiasm for Trump, Pence & their success against Covid is based on misinformation, lies & personal bias--NOT FACTS.
Biden may not know how to bring us back together as Americans. I'm not sure how to do that when millions of us live in an alternative reality based on misinformation sources & lies. But I do know Trump continues with his relentless process of spreading further division, while Biden at least attempts to heal the breach. You are clearly in favor of Trump & division in America. I'm not.
Trump's battery of legal challenges was NOT treasonous. They were a gigantic waste of time & money simply because they were based on hearsay created by Trump himself, with no hard evidence to back them up. The "treason" stems from Trump's ongoing attempt to buy off or sway election officials in the battleground states to set aside or ignore voter's ballots in their state, & appoint Electors that will vote for him instead of Biden. Officially, Biden won in each of these states, so changing Electors who won't honor the decision of the voters, but will support Trump instead, is a felony. Since it goes against the process outlined within the Constitution itself, undermining & sabotaging it for personal gain, is a treasonous act.
Buy off? Whom did he try to "buy off"? We don't know specifically what if anything Trump corruptly offered these officials, so ... no.
As for "personal gain," what would that be? More of that big salary that he has completely foregone the last 4 years?
We don't know whether Trump is offering money for election official's aid or not, but it's common knowledge that money is a common tool frequently used by Trump to get what he wants. I would consider keeping the Presidency a form of "personal gain". Regardless, undermining election outcomes is itself a felony, regardless of personal gain. Using the power of a public office like the Presidency, to undermine an election is a form of treason because it is a direct attack on the federal government as defined in the Constitution. Keep in mind that what Trump is attempting to do is stage a coup in the Presidency. Coups are the overthrow of an existing government. That's treason.
This isn’t a debate about racism.
It certainly was. We were talking about racist cops and then here comes a reference to black on black crime.
It's irrelevant to the debate about racism among white police. It's about as relevant global warming and food poisoning.
Then why insinuate it? Answer: hatred and TDS.
I don't "hate" anyone. I'll leave the hating to Trump & his supporters. They relish it. I insinuated the possibility that Trump might try paying some election officials to help him cheat because that's what Trump does. He has lots of money, so that's a convenient tool for him, & he uses it constantly to help get what he wants. Trump has a select set of behaviors that never change. This is Trump's norm. Why do you question the possibility of his paying off aides in his quest to steal the election thru under the counter payoffs?
Stop right there, XploreR! You don't KNOW that Trump has been doing anything illegal, and yet you freely accuse him of "treason"...?!
By the way, "money is a common tool frequently used by" EVERYBODY, to get what we want, and that probably does include Donald Trump! If I want somebody to work on my car, fix something in my house, treat my body in a doctor's office -- what do I offer them? MONEY! You want people to do ANYTHING for you, you pay their going price, or they won't do whatever it is that you want done -- PERIOD! It isn't "treason", and it isn't necessarily against any law! Try getting anybody to do anything for you without paying them -- just TRY, I dare you!
It has been that way since the beginning of civilization, and probably even earlier. You don't get something for nothing -- except in the wishful imaginations of Socialists, Communists, and other parasites who live off of the labor and mental activity of other people!
A fine screed by you but I do not accept as valid what you said Trump did as to the CDC,
If you offer proof for us to study, we will make a decision then.
Trump set this up so Science got to work. That is why we have such a rapid rate of vaccines.
I hate to lecture the posters here, but we are not one unified country. Each State is like a world of it's own. States are the root of decisions on their public.
When Trump rushed to Gov Cuomo a major hospital ship, that was fast, per the science yet Cuomo chose to put ill patients with well people in nursing homes. That I wish Trump had blocked.
No president is the boss of Governors. Al Gore ran us ragged in courts of law so Trump is not the first to question election results.
To say it has not been a success is ignoring the reality, we are looking at 3 vaccines before the end of the year. Yes we have had a horrible 250,000 deaths but the estimates were for over 2,500,000. We have proven therapeutics coming online which will prevent even more deaths among the people who do contract it. And I find it quite disingenuous that on the one hand when Trump was giving daily briefings there were complaints that he was up there and was interfering and that Pence was in charge and not a scientist and on and on. The task has done what it set out to do, slow it down as much as possible, get therapeutics to treat the ill and vaccines to get everyone protected. The distribution system is in place and ready to go, Biden should pay more attention to what is actually going on before he claims otherwise. The organization is there and working like a machine, the planning is done this the execution phase. Pence doesn't need to be there every day and can get briefs.
It is the left that has sown the division and now comes their demand that we all come together, how disingenuous and duplicit.
And your claims that Trump is trying to commit a coup with his LEGAL contest, I would look back at the Obama administration, his CIA, his FBI the DNC and the Clinton campaign who engaged in their conspiracy to first prevent the opposition candidate from winning, then from taking office and then remove him. THAT has sown division.
Americans voted for Biden to get something for nothing, covid is moving America to be more like communist china.
I didn't say Trump was committing treason because he was using money to get what he wanted. I said Trump was committing treason because he's trying to stage a coup of the Presidency of the U.S. The Presidency is elected by a vote of the people filtered thru the Electoral College. Trump is trying to convince election officials in the battleground states to ignore the voters & select Electors loyal to him so he can have a 2nd term as President. To do this, Electors have to ignore the voter ballot count. Trump is literally trying to overthrow the Constitutional elected government & replace it with himself, empowered by corrupted Electors. That's treason.
1. It appears we are both partly right & partly wrong. In his 2019 budget to Congress, Trump requested a $1.9 billion decrease for the CDC. Congress disagreed & actually increased funding. In 2020, Trump asked for a bit over $700. million decrease in CDC funding. Again Congress disagreed, but increased funding less than in 2019. Trump tried to decrease CDC funding twice, but was over ridden by Congress. See:
2. I agree with you about the vaccines, but Trump failed to work with science, or allow it to work aside from him, in the treatment theater while that vaccine was being developed.
3. I agree with your #3 statement above.
4. I agree with your #4 above.
5. I agree that no President is the boss of any governor. But I never suggested he should be. I said Trump failed to provide a federal central control center to coordinate efforts to fight the virus nationwide. That should have been done. It would have made our efforts far more coordinated & effective. It would have allowed every Governor to keep updated on progress everywhere. It would have made critical supplies more effectively assigned to different regions in need. And, it would have cut costs & saved time.
I never said Trump was trying to stage a coup thru his legal team. I said he was trying to stage a coup by convincing election officials in the battleground states to ignore voter ballots & select Electors to vote for him. That forces those officials to disregard & ignore the will of the American voter, & empower Trump thru corrupt political means. That's effectively staging a coup--which is not only illegal, but an act of treason.
Separate names with a comma.