+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 420

Thread: The End is Nigh says 3 million americans .

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philxx View Post
    that unease that every human feels is the approaching Depression ,the generational scares on the minds of the Working Class ,yes the experience of the Last Great depression and the WW2 that followed,still finds a almost primal fear amongst us workers .

    We died by the millions only to have a Depression reimposed ,sorry Capitialism its revolution for you and your government.Are you prepared to accept that the only alternative is global depression and WW3?
    So far, and in my opinion, that does seem to be the charted course. But truthfully, any number of proposed theories could come to fruition; however, I vest more energy into things that have happened in our recent history - like economic collapse and World War, rather than focusing on things like solar flares and catastrophic environmental changes. The latter are possible, but the former are more common to occur. Nevertheless, I could be wrong about what's to come, but does it not feel as though something bad is coming?


  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatgeezer View Post
    Prepping is not locking one's self away in a shed in the woods. I live well and comfortable, and I manage to enjoy lifes pleasures. BUT, I also believe my well being, and that of my family is MY responsibility. So I prep. There are two basic kinds of preppers, the Rambo type, and what I like to call the Farmer Jones type, of which I am the latter. Sustainability of resources, reduction on relying on others, and cost savings. What could be wrong with that? Now, if I'm wrong, I have lots of cheaply acquired, first quality, healthy, non GMO / chemical and preservative laden food on hand, and more growing and raising every day, along with the means to prepare and store it. If YOU are wrong, you are going to die a slow, painful, miserable, death. Starvation, dehydration, and sickness REALLY sucks! You don't think in CAN happen here? I hope you're right. But I wouldn't bet on it.
    I wouldn't bother mate. Unless you like the taste of irradiated food...

  3. #113
    Location: About two feet from the center of the universe. Just ask her.
    Posts: 777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakestretcher View Post
    I wouldn't bother mate. Unless you like the taste of irradiated food...
    Can't win by quitting.

  4. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHeadKen View Post
    . What will you do when there is a disaster?

    Sit in your home and demand help?
    Nah ! I live in a country where the odds of having an earthquake or other major natural disasters , is pretty remote . Which is why my ancestors wisely chose to stay put in our green and pleasant land + not tempted to migrate to the American colonies..


    Listen to Al Murray - be patient and learn abt the St.Andreas fault.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiKc37mhy58"]American dreamers with Al Murray - YouTube[/ame]



    cheers.
    "It is not because they are Zionists that they are evildoers. It is because they are evildoers that they are Zionists." Rabbi Yoshe Freund.
    1)The news and truth are not the same thing."- - (Walter Lippman)
    2) " Changing the past is the one power denied to God , that's why he tolerates historians"
    3)" If the facts don't fit the theory , then change the facts." ?
    4) INFAMY! INFAMY ! ----- sumin's got it,--- inferme
    .

  5. #115
    wales uk wales
    Location: UK, Cymru mostly, sometimes England.
    Posts: 8,759
    Blog Entries: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHeadKen View Post
    My wife and I have preppers guides and have been stockpiling. I'm not particularly worried about apocalypse (though I note that the left has as many scare stories as the right - the latest being climate change.) The main concern here in California is a major earthquake. If and when it happens, there's a good chance of there being few services available for many days, and perhaps weeks. Food, water, weapons, training and a bug out plan is a necessity. The semi-urban area where I live will be mess within 3 days of a disaster. I don't intend to stay in my home and wait for bureaucrats to come save me.

    The best part is recycling the food and water every year for Burning Man.

    There are extremes to preparation, just like there are extremes to everything else. Being prepared for disaster is not a bad thing. What will you do when there is a disaster? Sit in your home and demand help?
    The trick is to help one another and neither panic nor hate. Co-operative species survive, the others are dying out because they lack decency and intelligence.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Nah ! I live in a country where the odds of having an earthquake or other major natural disasters , is pretty remote . Which is why my ancestors wisely chose to stay put in our green and pleasant land + not tempted to migrate to the American colonies..


    Listen to Al Murray - be patient and learn abt the St.Andreas fault.

    American dreamers with Al Murray - YouTube



    cheers.
    'We don't have an American Dream because we're awake...!' Priceless

  7. #117
    england us georgia
    Location: Brighton , UK
    Posts: 4,298
    Blog Entries: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Nah ! I live in a country where the odds of having an earthquake or other major natural disasters , is pretty remote . - YouTube[/url]

    .
    Fabulous You Tube
    Trivial Info'n -- which country has the most earthquake tremors?
    Great Britain , but thank God they are tiny . True fact .

    St Andreas fault rearing into action is my dream . Live on TV , California and the West Coast sinking . Then I can die happy --- probably wouldn't because the Tsunami wave would be at least 200 feet high .

  8. #118
    Location: About two feet from the center of the universe. Just ask her.
    Posts: 777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
    The trick is to help one another and neither panic nor hate. Co-operative species survive, the others are dying out because they lack decency and intelligence.
    Yes, we all saw how well that worked after hurricane Katrina. Hard to cooperate when everyone around you--including the local police--are looting.

    Thanks, but no thanks. I'll continue to make my own plans.

  9. #119
    wales uk wales
    Location: UK, Cymru mostly, sometimes England.
    Posts: 8,759
    Blog Entries: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talonlm View Post
    Yes, we all saw how well that worked after hurricane Katrina. Hard to cooperate when everyone around you--including the local police--are looting.

    Thanks, but no thanks. I'll continue to make my own plans.
    Well, obviously, if you wait for your capitalist masters to do anything but rob you, waiting and looting will be your portion. You won't survive, of course, but you'll make the gunsmiths' profits bigger! Happy days!

  10. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raymondo View Post
    Fabulous You Tube
    Trivial Info'n -- which country has the most earthquake tremors?
    Great Britain , but thank God they are tiny . True fact .

    St Andreas fault rearing into action is my dream . Live on TV , California and the West Coast sinking . Then I can die happy --- probably wouldn't because the Tsunami wave would be at least 200 feet high .
    Would it sink? I don't know, I am asking.

    If you've ever flown over the Andes, it's an amazing sight. Miles and miles of mountains. If you walk through them, they look very much like the west of Scotland, although on paper they are high. This is how I understand it...West of Scotland mountains look high because you look up from sea level. In Peru, you are already on top of a mountain, which has a mountain range on top of it. The plates came together and pushed the land up, out of the ground. The Andes is on top of that. It's way above sea level before you even start.

    Maybe the US West Coast will rise 200 feet above sea level and thwart evil desires.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks