+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 420

Thread: The End is Nigh says 3 million americans .

  1. Default

    I hope that we can all learn how to grow our own vegetables in case.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevAnarchist View Post
    What do you mean religion has been reinvented?
    Well, from one civilization to the next, there is a different religion, or no religion at all in some circumstances in present day models. It has always been that way. Different religions or no religion at all. The Gods that are prayed too have been changed throughout the ages. That's what I mean by re-invented.

    Without religion there would be no civilization
    Religion helps keep civilization stable, but the state was the creator of civilization.

    The hate of religion is like putting blinders and ear plugs in those that can not see past lies and anti christian propaganda.
    Now, if you had phrased that "the blind hatred of religion is...", then yes, I would agree, but if a person were to have a hatred for an ideology, anything really, and it were based in pure reasoning, then there wouldn't be anything wrong with that hatred, would there? But don't assume that I hate religion. I don't. I don't personally find any comfort or solace in it, but I also don't mock or belittle that of which billions of people need and love so compassionately. I was merely asking a philosophical question, is all.

    If not for religion (all forms) we would still be living in trees
    That'd be the state again.

    What has atheism given us?
    This is a complex question. I'm not about to start a long back-and-forth debate over the pros and cons of an ideology that I'm not even affiliated with.

  3. #173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
    To my surprise, Very Stormy, I know all that (literary studies are my thing). But because you know about the history, which millions don't, let's face it, are you arguing that those who write about global warming are somehow wrong? Or are you, laudably, just correcting mistaken ideas about the past?
    Not sure why you are referencing global warming? I am simply pointing out that London is not going to suffer a major earthquake and offering some reason for that. A lot of people trawl the web and read all sorts of rubbish that gives them a scare. Any experts in any field should inform them of the reality. It is the same with things such as asteroid hit and other perceived threats - even crime. There are a lot of people, particularly in the UK and i believe in the USA that are scared to let their children play outside because they beleive the threat of child abduction is now so great. Reality is that it stastically lower than when they were growing up themselves.

  4. #174
    wales uk wales
    Location: UK, Cymru mostly, sometimes England.
    Posts: 8,759
    Blog Entries: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verystormy View Post
    Not sure why you are referencing global warming? I am simply pointing out that London is not going to suffer a major earthquake and offering some reason for that. A lot of people trawl the web and read all sorts of rubbish that gives them a scare. Any experts in any field should inform them of the reality. It is the same with things such as asteroid hit and other perceived threats - even crime. There are a lot of people, particularly in the UK and i believe in the USA that are scared to let their children play outside because they beleive the threat of child abduction is now so great. Reality is that it stastically lower than when they were growing up themselves.
    Only because there is a lot of anti-science on here and one is bound to wonder. What you say is perfectly true and I hope people listen.

  5. #175

    Default

    What if a god, simply gave up on us due to a lack of faith? It could be claimed that Man preferred to be a loyal subject of the Animal Kingdom, instead of children of a god.
    Last edited by danielpalos; Feb 25 2012 at 06:03 AM.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post

    Marginalized: Some featured in Doomsday Preppers live off the grid and are ready to flee at a moment's notice


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1m54KsuqI

    .
    YAWN

    Yet another pointless idiot Limp-Wristed EuroTrash crap thread.

    HO HUM

  7. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolarConcert View Post
    I hope that we can all learn how to grow our own vegetables in case.
    That will be impossible for people who do not live in a place that gets a lot of rain. I live in Arizona…..we don't ever see rain.

    So planning for a disaster like this takes planning. And if the Dollar collapses…God only knows what will happen. There will be chaos in the streets…no one could get gas to travel…to get food and more importantly medicine.

    No cancer medicines…no chemo….no operations….nothing.

    And the guy with the fish in his pool would not have time to even cook and eat them…he would be too busy defending his property from desperate people who need food to eat.

    So if you stock up on anything it should be guns and ammo because chaos would hit the streets.

    I read a book that said you should align yourself with a group of people who have different talents….someone in medicine, someone who can build things, carpenter…etc. The families would live in the same space and take turns protecting it…while trying to survive. Farms in places where there as I said precipitation is the best. Living in tight closed spaces like big cities…etc…bad.

    I really think this will eventually happen. I am buying gold…

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTanIpw20jM"]Coming Soon (2012): End of the Dollar • End of America--Lindsey Williams and Gerald Celente - YouTube[/ame]

    The sad thing…people will laugh at this…and be sorry.
    Last edited by churchmouse; Feb 25 2012 at 09:14 AM.

  8. Default

    And the US is currently chasing ideals (UN Small Arms Treaty) to do away with the arming of the civilian population.

  9. #179
    wales uk wales
    Location: UK, Cymru mostly, sometimes England.
    Posts: 8,759
    Blog Entries: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolarConcert View Post
    I hope that we can all learn how to grow our own vegetables in case.
    I grow all my own vegetables anyway. It doesn't take much learning.

  10. #180

    Default

    In my opinion, there may be no reason to believe persons of alleged religious morals, if we do not have any anti-hypocrisy laws on the books as well.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks