+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Turkish PM apologizes over 1930s killings of Kurds

  1. #41

    Default

    apologizing is not enuff , but i stay hopeful one day he will give back a large chunk of occupied kurdistan then i will say this guy is a real brave and democracy lover !

    i know it is hard for him but he just slammed his main opposition CHP so he should be able to do more for the kurds , and yes for the other nations like Armenia .

    CHP is the one that did the killing of Dersim and turkish newspaper hurriyet has revealed Kemal atatutk was very much aware of the genocide , and the number of kills was 70,000 not 13000 .
    ============================== ============
    COUNT DOWNS TO A KURDISH STATE IN IRAQ

    ------------------------------------------------------
    Never Forget "HALABJA" and "ANFAL"

  2. #42

    Default

    here is some good info why he apologizes

    DERSIM GENOCIDE

    The Dersim rebellion in the summer of 1937 and the spring of 1938 by the local population of Dersim, now called Tunceli was crashed in blood. Tens of thousands of Alevi Kurds were killed and thousands more forced into exile, depopulating the province. A key component of the Turkification process was the policy of massive population resettlement, a result of the 1934 Law on Resettlement ('İskân Kanunu' Law No.2510, 13 June 1934) , a policy targeting the region of Dersim as one of its first test cases with disastrous consequences for the local population. Three types of resettlement zones were defined in the resettlement law as follows:

    - districts to be evacuated for health, economic, cultural, political and security reasons and where settlement was forbidden;

    - districts where the population was to be transferred and resettled for the purposes of assimilation to Turkish culture and,

    - districts where an increase of the population having 'Turkish culture' was recommended.
    ============================== ============
    COUNT DOWNS TO A KURDISH STATE IN IRAQ

    ------------------------------------------------------
    Never Forget "HALABJA" and "ANFAL"

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alan131210 View Post
    good move this should be followed by compensations to those families who were killed and their properties destroyed .
    Do they still live? I think it's a noble gesture, a symbolic act would be nice, but full financial compensation can lead to an argument between lawyers which can break the bridges which he is trying to build.
    Rather dead than red!

  4. #44
    Location: Sweden/Magnus Ducatus Lituaniae
    Posts: 14,983
    Blog Entries: 5
    My Latest Mood: Cool

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glücksritter View Post
    Do they still live? I think it's a noble gesture, a symbolic act would be nice, but full financial compensation can lead to an argument between lawyers which can break the bridges which he is trying to build.
    some of them yes, but they want sorry form the kemalist mobsters not sure that they get it
    Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Rus' and Samogitia or Nothing
    -----
    Yetzerhara: "Litwin you have become preoccupied with baiting the Russian Putin groupies on this forum."

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by litwin View Post
    some of them yes, but they want sorry form the kemalist mobsters not sure that they get it
    well its a good move , it will stop the CHP an ultra kemalist party from getting to power ever again .
    ============================== ============
    COUNT DOWNS TO A KURDISH STATE IN IRAQ

    ------------------------------------------------------
    Never Forget "HALABJA" and "ANFAL"

  6. #46

    Default Dersim groups asks for rights

    The apology Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan extended over the Dersim massacres in the late 1930s will make sense only if further steps are taken to address the legacy of the atrocities and the grievances of victims, a prominent advocacy group said yesterday.

    The Dersim Associations Federation is not considering legal action for compensations, but the government should introduce a series of other reconciliation measures, including the recognition of the Alevi faith, the group’s chairman Özkan Tacar told reporters in Parliament.

    “Tunceli should be renamed back as Dersim. Not only the archives of the prime ministry and the presidency, but those of the General Staff should also be opened. The list of the people who were exiled from Dersim and the girls who were given up for adoption should be revealed,” Tacar said.

    He urged the state to also uncover where Seyit Rıza, the leader of the rebellion who prompted the military crackdown, and his comrades were buried after their execution. Places named after “figures offending the people of Dersim” should be renamed, he said, citing Sabiha Gökçen, Atatürk’s adopted daughter who participated in air strikes on Dersim as a military pilot, and the then Army Chief Fevzi Çakmak.

    “We demand the recognition of our Alevi faith. Hydroelectric projects in the Munzur Valley [in Tunceli] that would destroy our culture should be halted,” Tacar said. “Only if our demands are met, the apology will make sense.”

    Tacar spoke after meetings in Parliament with the deputy group chairmen of the Justice and Development Party (AKP), the Republican People’s Party (CHP) and the Peace and Democracy Party (BDP).

    He quoted AKP Deputy Group Chairman Ahmet Aydın as telling them “the AKP is sincere and will persist on this issue.” CHP Deputy Group Chairman Akif Hamzaçebi, for his part, said he would convey the group’s demands to party leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu.

    November/24/2011

    Source
    ============================== ============
    COUNT DOWNS TO A KURDISH STATE IN IRAQ

    ------------------------------------------------------
    Never Forget "HALABJA" and "ANFAL"

  7. #47
    Location: Sweden/Magnus Ducatus Lituaniae
    Posts: 14,983
    Blog Entries: 5
    My Latest Mood: Cool

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alan131210 View Post
    The apology Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan extended over the Dersim massacres in the late 1930s will make sense only if further steps are taken to address the legacy of the atrocities and the grievances of victims, a prominent advocacy group said yesterday.

    The Dersim Associations Federation is not considering legal action for compensations, but the government should introduce a series of other reconciliation measures, including the recognition of the Alevi faith, the group’s chairman Özkan Tacar told reporters in Parliament.

    “Tunceli should be renamed back as Dersim. Not only the archives of the prime ministry and the presidency, but those of the General Staff should also be opened. The list of the people who were exiled from Dersim and the girls who were given up for adoption should be revealed,” Tacar said.

    He urged the state to also uncover where Seyit Rıza, the leader of the rebellion who prompted the military crackdown, and his comrades were buried after their execution. Places named after “figures offending the people of Dersim” should be renamed, he said, citing Sabiha Gökçen, Atatürk’s adopted daughter who participated in air strikes on Dersim as a military pilot, and the then Army Chief Fevzi Çakmak.

    “We demand the recognition of our Alevi faith. Hydroelectric projects in the Munzur Valley [in Tunceli] that would destroy our culture should be halted,” Tacar said. “Only if our demands are met, the apology will make sense.”

    Tacar spoke after meetings in Parliament with the deputy group chairmen of the Justice and Development Party (AKP), the Republican People’s Party (CHP) and the Peace and Democracy Party (BDP).

    He quoted AKP Deputy Group Chairman Ahmet Aydın as telling them “the AKP is sincere and will persist on this issue.” CHP Deputy Group Chairman Akif Hamzaçebi, for his part, said he would convey the group’s demands to party leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu.

    November/24/2011

    Source
    very good news for turkey
    Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Rus' and Samogitia or Nothing
    -----
    Yetzerhara: "Litwin you have become preoccupied with baiting the Russian Putin groupies on this forum."

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. Turkish fascist groups attacked Kurds around Europe
    By alan131210 in forum Middle East
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct 24 2011, 09:23 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 17 2011, 10:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks