+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 224

Thread: Classic Film Buffs - Check in Here!

  1. #1

    Cool Classic Film Buffs - Check in Here!

    Nothing better than snuggling up under the a/c and watching classic movies all afternoon. I may try it today!

    I'm no expert on old flicks, but there are some members here who are. I luv it when films buffs exchg 'expert' opinions. How 'bout it you classic movieheads? Who's your fav director? Best lines? Most powerful scenes? Here's one from a movie I can't resist... if it's on, I'm watching:


    Thank God for TCM.

  2. Likes Thingamabob, potter, Pregnar Kraps liked this post
  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmouthwoman View Post
    Nothing better than snuggling up under the a/c and watching classic movies all afternoon. I may try it today!

    I'm no expert on old flicks, but there are some members here who are. I luv it when films buffs exchg 'expert' opinions. How 'bout it you classic movieheads? Who's your fav director? Best lines? Most powerful scenes? Here's one from a movie I can't resist... if it's on, I'm watching:


    Thank God for TCM.

    Great Idea Smarty. How ya doing today. Baby's day out is really a very funny movie.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L43oC...eature=related
    Last edited by old timer; Jul 29 2012 at 06:59 AM.

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old timer View Post
    Great Idea Smarty. How ya doing today. Baby's day out is really a very funny movie.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L43oC...eature=related
    Hiya OT! Funny clip... like it!



    Thread idea came from a new member... hope he sticks around to join in.

    http://www.politicalforum.com/introd...post1061517210
    Last edited by Smartmouthwoman; Jul 29 2012 at 07:09 AM.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmouthwoman View Post
    Hiya OT! Funny clip... like it!



    Thread idea came from a new member... hope he sticks around to join in.

    http://www.politicalforum.com/introd...post1061517210
    Well welcome and how do there river rat. Where do you hail from.

  6. Default

    This is one of my favorites... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG3jhXuct70
    George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion.
    Last edited by daisydotell; Jul 29 2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Let me tell you about my Border Collie or my little Blue Heeler.

  7. #6

    Default

    One of my fav cult films... Freaks, 1932.

    (warning: politically incorrect)




    Classic.


  8. Default

    Then there is "REBECCA" what a love story...
    Let me tell you about my Border Collie or my little Blue Heeler.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daisydotell View Post
    Then there is "REBECCA" what a love story...
    I watched Wuthering Heights not long ago. Ahhhhh, Heathcliff. Meet me one the moors one more time.

  10. Default

    They Were Expendable John WaYne and Donna Reed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHtdB97uA08
    Don't Blame Me I Voted For Gary Johnson
    http://www.politicalforum.com/rules.php

  11. Likes Smartmouthwoman liked this post
  12. #10
    Location: Woonsocket RI
    Posts: 1,135
    Blog Entries: 16
    My Latest Mood: Angry

    Default

    Best movie: The Longest Day
    Favorite Director: Alfred Hitchcock
    Favorite actor: Vincent Price
    Favorite film: Theater of Blood
    Scene that changed my life: Spencer Tracy's speech at the end of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
    Best comedy: It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
    Best credits: Around the World in 80 Days (1956)
    Best moral: from House of Dracula, try to cure one monster at a time.
    Best Lesson: from 12 Angry Men, how the liberals take over the country

  13. Likes Smartmouthwoman liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 24 2012, 04:41 AM
  2. Hey Aussies - check your politics here...
    By MegadethFan in forum Australia, NZ, Pacific
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 20 2012, 07:36 AM
  3. Hurricane Irene victims -- check in here!
    By Smartmouthwoman in forum Other Off-Topic Chat
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Aug 29 2011, 02:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks