View Poll Results: Yay or nay?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 18.18%
  • No

    26 78.79%
  • Unsure

    1 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Simple question

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    I think part of the reason that pro-life is so important to pro-lifers, is that science is getting to the point where it can start doing some really questionable things: playing with stem cells, cloning, potentially engineering fetuses . . .
    And there's nothing innately wrong with any of those things.

    I think a lot of them are justifiably afraid of the consequences of devaluing human life to the point that we see zygotes not as potential people, but laboratory and genetic "resources."
    My sperm is half of a potential person, by your logic?

    I do see where you're coming from though, that some people (usually Christian), will tell a young woman that she has to accept the "consequences" of her actions.

    Else, why all the hullaballo over the HPV vaccine? It prevents disease, so it makes sense to distribute it, but some people seem opposed because they don't want to "encourage" their daughters to have sex. They want irresponsible behavior to have "consequences."
    Well I wouldn't want my daughter to be a slut if I had one, to be perfectly honest. Live under my roof follow my rules

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickT View Post
    Look at the number of abortions for blacks. It's working for the racist Democrats.
    Yeah so why don't you support abortions then?

    Basically, Republicans care about people until they're born. That's the moral of the story

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    Yeah so why don't you support abortions then?

    Basically, Republicans care about people until they're born. That's the moral of the story
    Do you need a bigger brush? Looks like you are running out of paint.

    Come on not all republicans are allike just like not all democrats are the same.
    Our country is in danger, but not to be despaired of. Our enemies are numerous and powerful; but we have many friends, determining to be free, and heaven and earth will aid the resolution. On you depend the fortunes of America. You are to decide the important question, on which rest the happiness and liberty of millions yet unborn. Act worthy of yourselves.
    Joseph Warren, Boston Massacre Oration, 1775

    "Ya I know I cant spell"

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdadr View Post
    Do you need a bigger brush? Looks like you are running out of paint.

    Come on not all republicans are allike just like not all democrats are the same.
    I am a centrist but I have some leftist and some rightist inclinations. Basically, in this case, I have the rightist mentality of trying to simplify views that I detest into groups of people whom I call my enemies.

    But I'd have to say it works pretty well. Just eliminate the people I hate and ship 'em far away and I'll be happy.

  5. Default

    Why is it that liberals who, by the very definition are supposed to be tolerant of everything, hate Republicans?

    Republicans don't hate them. We think they're stupid, but we don't hate them.
    Recent lib quotes on PF:

    "Gun makers do not put in design features to enable users to break the law." ~ Speeders R Murderers
    "..more education, and greater access to free contraception, together with a shift in social attitudes would drive (abortion) numbers down. " ~ Jack Napier

    Obama 2012 - Seeya!

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    Would you say that most pro-lifers are bitter male Republican woman-haters who want to punish them for making a mistake?

    EDIT: The same Republicans who hate people of other races etc., i.e. people who differ from them in superficial ways?
    I think of pro-lifers as middle-aged women with children. Some are right wingers, some are left wingers (the most rabid pro-lifers I've met have been anti-war/anti-capital punishment/anti-abortion activists). They don't look at it as punishing women, but as saving children.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    --C. S. Lewis, God in the Dock, p. 292.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Nah. They're just people with a very strong conviction that I don't personally share.
    I don't oppose them because of that, but I do oppose the methods they embrace.
    You're against peaceful demonstrations, and lobbying their legislators?
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    --C. S. Lewis, God in the Dock, p. 292.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    Based on what I've seen, it's more likely to be "you are a slut and need to be punished for your sins" than anything else, even when it's women that oppose abortion.
    You know a different type of pro-lifer than I know. The Catholic pro-lifers I know are only thinking about the babies.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    --C. S. Lewis, God in the Dock, p. 292.

  9. Default

    Meh. I am far to the left, but I can see both sides of the argument.

    One one hand you have people who want to prevent "children" from being killed, to a certain extent I agree. I believe the later on in a pregnancy the being is aborted, the worse the act is.

    Then I can also see the argument in favor of personal freedoms.

    There are instances where abortion is absolutely necessary,y other cases where they are not. Demonstrating a need certainly is not out of the question.

    There should be a balance drawn, and not fall one way or the other.
    There is no love in Fear.

    Feminism is pretty much an all whites club pretending to be concerned with equal rights of racial minorities.

  10. #30
    usa us indiana
    Location: Indianapolis, IN
    Posts: 1,829
    Blog Entries: 3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Actually, Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood was a racist. She believed in the power of birth control to limit or eliminate the "blacks."
    Don't you feel even the least bit guilty for willingly repeating that vile lie? If you don't, you should.

    If you're not lying, please list Sanger's quote where she states her desire to "eliminate the blacks". If you can't, you should be decent enough to apologize for your vile slur.

    Catholics despised Sanger because she had the crazy idea that women should be allowed to control their own sex lives. That enraged Catholics in Sanger's day, and it still enrages them now. If you see a Sanger-hater, it's almost guaranteed you're looking at a sad little control freak.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Simple question
    By IndridCold in forum Religion & Philosophy
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Sep 07 2011, 03:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks