+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 71 to 76 of 76

Thread: Afghanistan: Smart Political Move by Obama

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoPartyAffiliation View Post
    Obama is not liked by "the Military"? You're wrong. I'm former military and I volunteer with our troops ever week. A LOT of them like Obama. All you can accurately say is that YOU don't like Obama - which is obvious. Your every thought, post etc... is molded and formed by the GOP & RW pundits. And the GOP has used the military etc... as political fodder for decades. Romney has done it. McCain campaigned on it four years ago. Bush went nuts with it. Now they all hypocritically claim military accomplishments shouldn't be used in campaigns. Boo f-ing hooo. You're just pissed because the GOP is getting their asses kicked in an area that historically belonged to them. But this new sherriff named Obama makes it impossible to claim the Dems are weak on defense. Obama has gotten / is getting us out of Bush's wars. He got the guy Bush said wasn't important. Hell, he even showed us what an "exit strategy" is like. Imagine that! Oh well. Maybe if the GOP prayers are answered, the economy will tank again. Doubt it. Obama / Biden will beat Romney / Portman 290 - 248.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Read post#61
    Which again, reinforces my point. Defense has historically been perceived as a strength exclusively held by the GOP. That is no longer the case with civilians and a growing number of military personnel. Obama is without doubnt, the best and strongest foreign policy / defense president we've had since Bush Sr - except in the eyes of those who have no objectivity on the matter due to extreme conformity to ideology / party.

    Only a fool would believe the Democrats are right about everything or to blame for everything. Only a fool would believe the Republicans are right about everything or to blame for everything.

  2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
    Horse feathers.

    What gives you the idea that all soldiers vote GOP?
    http://www.pollster.com/blogs/the_ar...y_tim.php?nr=1

    The primary headline to come out of the Military Times surveys was that 68% of respondents backed the Republican presidential candidate, John McCain. However, lost in the analysis was a significant shift in support for the Democratic nominee. Looking at just the subset of active-duty members of the Army in the Military Times poll, 64% of these respondents reported voting for George Bush in 2004 and 15% reported voting for John Kerry. As for the 2008 election, 66% planned to vote for McCain while 25% reported planning to vote for Barack Obama.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoPartyAffiliation View Post
    Which again, reinforces my point. Defense has historically been perceived as a strength exclusively held by the GOP. That is no longer the case with civilians and a growing number of military personnel. Obama is without doubnt, the best and strongest foreign policy / defense president we've had since Bush Sr - except in the eyes of those who have no objectivity on the matter due to extreme conformity to ideology / party.
    Nice opinion but no fact. 25% of the military vote is weak

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice opinion but no fact. 25% of the military vote is weak
    You don't ahve facts either there, junior. You have a blog. About a guy. In one branch. Who sent out a bunch of e-mails to his subscribers. And even then, per your own link:

    "members of the Army who responded to the Military Times poll were 90% male, 45% regular commissioned officers, and 71% white. Furthermore, the Army's junior enlisted ranks are dramatically underrepresented in the Military Times surveys. "

    Well ooooh! One poll conducted among a bunch of white guys. Wow. Scientific. I thought you were the one saying how people should listen to the actual troops. That's where I'm getting my feedback. But then again, I work with officers and enlisted, blacks, latinos and women, in addition to whites. This president is more popular than any Dem has ever been. Of course, there are still those who hate and those who love any Democrat but I'm talking about people who didn't grow up indoctrinated into one party.

    Only a fool would believe the Democrats are right about everything or to blame for everything. Only a fool would believe the Republicans are right about everything or to blame for everything.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoPartyAffiliation View Post
    I disagree. I think we need to get TF outta there and really, once OBL was hit, could have done so almost immediately. it's not like anyone we've ever helped in the Middle East, has ever done anything but hate our guts, let alone appreciate what we've done for them.
    Okay, Israel would be an exception.
    Dont forget the Saudis, the Saudis Love Bush family.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoPartyAffiliation View Post
    You don't ahve facts either there, junior. You have a blog. About a guy. In one branch. Who sent out a bunch of e-mails to his subscribers. And even then, per your own link:

    "members of the Army who responded to the Military Times poll were 90% male, 45% regular commissioned officers, and 71% white. Furthermore, the Army's junior enlisted ranks are dramatically underrepresented in the Military Times surveys. "

    Well ooooh! One poll conducted among a bunch of white guys. Wow. Scientific. I thought you were the one saying how people should listen to the actual troops. That's where I'm getting my feedback. But then again, I work with officers and enlisted, blacks, latinos and women, in addition to whites. This president is more popular than any Dem has ever been. Of course, there are still those who hate and those who love any Democrat but I'm talking about people who didn't grow up indoctrinated into one party.
    I show a poll and you try to dispute but you have nothing to refute it. When you have proof let me know until then this is the best facts we have

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Similar Threads

  1. Another dumb move by Obama that comes back on all of us
    By Marine1 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: Oct 27 2011, 03:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks