+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 344

Thread: Why did Reagan sell weapons to Iran?

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald0 View Post
    Yes they did. They just didn't call themselves the Taliban. A little history lesson would do you good. Putting your head in the sand doesn't mean the problem would just go away. See the government and the CIA for what it really is before you go along with their charade of wars for democracy and other nonsense.

    How the CIA created OBL and the Taliban
    Ya, wrong again.

    The Taliban didn't come about until way after the soviet withdrawal. The ingest backer of the Taliban itself, was the Pakistani intelligence service, during a period where warlords were competing with one another for power and territory in the early 90's. Just because afghani fighters were supporters went on later to join the Taliban, after the US stopped funding the resistance, doesn't mean Reagan supported the Taliban.

    Your logic is pretty stupid.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine1 View Post
    The Taliban was only one of several groups fighting the Soviets. I am sure there are other groups represented in that picture with Reagan. After the Soviets were driven out, we also left and allowed the tribes to rule themselves. It's wound up the Taliban was the stronger of the groups and they took over much of Afghanistan. But they didn't control all of it. Other Warlords controlled other, smaller parts of Afghanistan, like the Northern Alliance controlled the North.
    Nope. The Afghanis wanted the Democratic party which was not extremist and would represent the will of the people. However, being a party of the people, the US feared that it would want to maintain its own sovereignty and not act on the US's bidding as puppets. The mujahideen / the extremists were a small group which did not have the support of the people. The US made a simple deal. We give you the money and arms to take over control of Afghanistan and you in turn do our bidding. With the end of the cold war, these same people were left with the power which the US provided and raped the people of Afghanistan at will. When they turned on the same people that brought them to power, the problem began. The US used them as an excuse to not only destroy Afghanistan but also attack Iraq as well even though no link existed between OBL and Iraq. There was a link between OBL and Saudi Arabia however, but since it was the US's lap dog, they were not harmed and in fact, Bush made sure that Saudi relatives of OBL safely returned to Saudi Arabia before any commercial airline was even allowed to fly so that no one would question them or ask why we want to attack Iraq and Afghanistan because of OBL but continue to support Saudi Arabia. In the midst of it all, the people who suffered were the Afghanis who actually wanted a fair democrativ government. Their nation was destroyed, countless loves lost. The US may want to declare victory in Afghanistan, but they actually changed nothing. They merely destroyed the whole of Afghanistan while still letting the Taliban retain control of most of Afghanistan. Because in truth, US knows that the Taliban are the only ones that the US can use with impunity and cite them as examples to justify any atrocity of their own. They just needed to be taught a lesson so they remember who's boss next time which is all that the war there did.

    Now honestly tell me what did the war in Afghanistan really achieve? Did it destroy extremist elements? Of course not, for every "terrorist" killed they probably created a few more. Did it destroy the Taliban and establish democracy? Nope. Were the Afghanis better off after the war in any way? Not at all.
    The definition of terrorist here is worth mentioning. When I say terrorist, I mean mostly those who saw their countrymen including friends and relatives killed and raped by Americans, are sick of it and want revenge on them. After all, is it not what war's about. One side attacks and the other tries to defend itself. However, the media tries has us convinced that the brutal attackers are the victims while those defending their family and property are terrorists who are jealous of America when all they really want is to be able to live without the constant fear of being bombed.

    The only positive that could be said of it was the death of OBL. But why was OBL not brought to US and sent to justice there? Why was he not paraded around the US as a sign of victory which the media wants us to claim. How does the US have intelligence to send drone attacks inside Pakistan ensuring no civilian dies but not enough to capture OBL right under their noses. How was the US able to enter Pakistan territory (whose army the US says is considerable and a nuclear power to top it all) and exit while the Pakistan army remain ignorant. How do these countries and their nuclear weapons pose a threat to the US when a small contingent of US soldiers can enter Pakistan and do whatever the hell they want. Doesn't look like Pakistan poses any threat to US, does it? What was in those computers that the CIA confiscated from the compound. What intelligence did OBL's wives provide. There are so many more questions that the OBL death raises then it answers.

    Forget all your per-conceived notions for just a minute and think logically. Is your government really telling you the true story or is it killing countless innocents and as a result putting your own security in danger in the name of your safety and your religion. Is your government not exactly acting in a way that would have sickened Christ and your God. Do you really have the freedom you think or is the freedom really an illusion. Is the media really providing you with the facts and letting you frame your opinions or is it manipulating and giving you only the news that it wants to and putting it in such a light that you have to agree with whatever they want you to believe.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespade View Post
    Ya, wrong again.

    The Taliban didn't come about until way after the soviet withdrawal. The ingest backer of the Taliban itself, was the Pakistani intelligence service, during a period where warlords were competing with one another for power and territory in the early 90's. Just because afghani fighters were supporters went on later to join the Taliban, after the US stopped funding the resistance, doesn't mean Reagan supported the Taliban.

    Your logic is pretty stupid.
    Stupid. Really?

    The US supported an extremist element similar to the Taliban that is today and provided them arms and money to take over control of the country and destroy democracy there. they were criminals, plain and simple. Once they got rid of the Soviets, they simply turned on to the next victim.

    Let's look at it this way. Consider a world where there is no country except the States of America and each has a separate government. Consider a prison in one of these states containing some of the most deranged criminals. Suppose it exists in New York. Suppose for any reason, Hawaii arms these prisoners and provides them unlimited funding so that they take over the government. Once the agenda of Hawaii is over (to destroy whatever enemy Hawaii ahd), they leave them to do whatever they want. What do you think will happen? Will peace now reign in New Your or will these deranged criminals seek to extend their rein of terror not just to New York, but to every other state. That, is how the Taliban as we know today, came to exist.

  4. #54

    Default

    I said before that the Taliban was only one of several groups fighting the Soviets and I was told I'm wrong. So maybe you need to look at this. I also said Afghanistan was ruled by several fractions. Although the Taliban took over most of the country. Now was I wrong on any of that?



    The Taliban's rise to power


    The Taliban are one of the mujahideen ("holy warriors" or "freedom fighters") groups that formed during the war against the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan (1979-89). After the withdrawal of Soviet forces, the Soviet-backed government lost ground to the mujahideen. In 1992, Kabul was captured and an alliance of mujahideen set up a new government with Burhanuddin Rabbani as interim president. However, the various factions were unable to cooperate and fell to fighting each other. Afghanistan was reduced to a collection of territories held by competing warlords.
    Groups of taliban ("religious students") were loosely organized on a regional basis during the occupation and civil war. Although they represented a potentially huge force, they didn't emerge as a united entity until the taliban of Kandahar made their move in 1994. In late 1994, a group of well-trained taliban were chosen by Pakistan to protect a convoy trying to open a trade route from Pakistan to Central Asia. They proved an able force, fighting off rival mujahideen and warlords. The taliban then went on to take the city of Kandahar, beginning a surprising advance that ended with their capture of Kabul in September 1996


    Read more: The Taliban — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/talib...#ixzz1w0MagI9S
    Beam me up Scottie, no intelligent life down here.

  5. #55

    Default

    Reagan was one of the best Presidents this country ever had. He not only help drive the Soviets out of Central America which was right on our back door, he was instrumental in driving the Soviets out of Afghanistan. To top it off, he all but bankrupt the Soviet Union and helped it fall. The Soviets were blocked from expanding on every front. Like him or not, he did it in spite of the opposition against him. Even from some in his own Party.
    Last edited by Marine1; May 26 2012 at 11:45 AM.
    Beam me up Scottie, no intelligent life down here.

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald0 View Post
    Stupid. Really?

    The US supported an extremist element similar to the Taliban that is today and provided them arms and money to take over control of the country and destroy democracy there. they were criminals, plain and simple. Once they got rid of the Soviets, they simply turned on to the next victim.

    Let's look at it this way. Consider a world where there is no country except the States of America and each has a separate government. Consider a prison in one of these states containing some of the most deranged criminals. Suppose it exists in New York. Suppose for any reason, Hawaii arms these prisoners and provides them unlimited funding so that they take over the government. Once the agenda of Hawaii is over (to destroy whatever enemy Hawaii ahd), they leave them to do whatever they want. What do you think will happen? Will peace now reign in New Your or will these deranged criminals seek to extend their rein of terror not just to New York, but to every other state. That, is how the Taliban as we know today, came to exist.
    There was no democracy in Afghanistan after the war with the Soviets. We did not support the Taliban, except they were part of a group of Afghans fighting the Soviets. When the Soviets left, so did we. What we did do is supply the Taliban with money to fight the drug trade. We had no other real dealings with Afghanistan after the Soviets left. Afghanistan was left for the taking by the strongest group, which wound up being the Taliban.
    Last edited by Marine1; May 26 2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Beam me up Scottie, no intelligent life down here.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine1 View Post
    I said before that the Taliban was only one of several groups fighting the Soviets and I was told I'm wrong. So maybe you need to look at this. I also said Afghanistan was ruled by several fractions. Although the Taliban took over most of the country. Now was I wrong on any of that?
    The Taliban was a rag tag bunch. They had no hope of coming to power. The NPDD or the party for democracy had pretty much established control and that is what the people wanted. The Us though did not like it and armed and funded the Taliban to bring them to power. If the US had not intervened, the Taliban would have pretty much been destroyed before it got any control and if they had committed any crimes, they would have been punished and would be now resting in jails there or dead. It is because of the US intervention that the Taliban ever had any influence, money, ammunition or power. So yes, the US is the one who brought them to power. Of course, the US media and government will cover those truth as much as possible.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine1 View Post
    which wound up being the Taliban.
    Because the US had already provided it the weapons and funding to be able to do so. It was comprised of scum which the average Afghani despised, yet the US supported them. Now tell me why did they do that.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RtWngaFraud View Post
    That was illegal though, wasn't it? Why didn't he go to jail?
    Good point.He seems to be very dense about that.lol

    He didnt go to jail because there is one different law for politicians than there is for us.Especially presidents.They commit crimes everyday that we could never get away with.Presidents these days that get in office are all mass murderers of innocent women and children.

    By the way,whats your obsession with the republicans? I mean seriously,I have seen you make the statement that you will vote for Obama over Ron Paul.

    Please tell me you are not that ignorant anymore and that you have seen the light? because if not,then you are a hypocrite when you get mad at people for not listening to you when you try and educate them about 9/11 and they ignore all the evidence and facts you present that prove you are right because unless you have changed your ways since then,your posts are full of hypocrisy if thats STILL your thinking.

    I mean seriously,what part do you not get that if you vote for Obama over Ron Paul,then you are doing what the establishment wants you to do and helping them achive their agenda of keeping us as a police state like we are,seriously?

    think about it.Obama has lied about EVERYTHING he said he would do once he got into office and has expanded the policys of Bush and is a mass murderer just like he is and is also a fan of the patriot act that Bush signed.Obama voted to reinstate it after he got in office after lying saying he would vote against it. Paul is a RINO-REPUBLICAN IN NAME ONLY.He served in the reagan administration and got out of it and ran on the independent ticket for several years because he saw how BOTH patys are corrupt and neither are here to serve the people.

    The only reason he is running on the republican ticket is because the independent never wins. Obama has expanded what Bush has done,the man you hate and is a mass murderer just like his pal Bush,Paul is the ONLY one between him,Romney and Obama who believes in the constitution of the united states and the government serving us instead of us serving them like we do now and yet you say you will vote for for this fraud communist sympathiser Obama over Paul? what drugs are you on. seriously.

    I mean logic like that is is what hurts the truthers cause for the truth..
    Last edited by 9/11 was an inside job; May 26 2012 at 01:14 PM.
    five 9/11 official conspiracy theory apologists on ignore.Reason? they lie when they are defeated and wont look at the evidence.

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald0 View Post
    Because the US had already provided it the weapons and funding to be able to do so. It was comprised of scum which the average Afghani despised, yet the US supported them. Now tell me why did they do that.

    The weapons we supplied was to a group of Afghanistan's, which the Taliban was part of, that fought the Soviets. They were called the Mujahideen. Get that part strait. We did not just arm the Taliban by it's self, before or after the Soviets left. As I said before, we had little dealings with Afghanistan after that war except to provide it money to fight the drug trade there.
    Last edited by Marine1; May 26 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Beam me up Scottie, no intelligent life down here.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: Mar 15 2012, 06:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks