+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 127

Thread: Romney Lost The Debate. How Could You Say Differently?

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotNews View Post
    Yes, obama won. Then he hopped aboard a unicorn and with the toothfairy at his side they rode off on a rainbow made of love.
    I'm genuinely surprised you don't believe that, given the other crazy (*)(*)(*)(*) you believe about Obama.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodystylez View Post
    After reading posts like this and many others I had to watch it over again.

    I tried to take the perspective of an American that didn't know much about politics and believed everything they say.

    I realized that yes, Romney did win the debate. He had lots of big promises that won me over and I didn't put too much thought into how he was going to fulfill those promises. When Obama called him out on it he answered with, "Any policy that isn't worth borrowing money from China will be gone" So he avoided specifics and since I am sitting in the perspective of someone that isn't into politics, it won me over. Romney WAS more confident as a person which wins in the eyes of someone not looking at policy. Romney really took charge! He even cut off the president and interviewer multiple times and showed he was in control by avoiding that pesky time limit.

    I see now why people think he won, most people hate politics. While going over his time limit he brought up multiple big questions that Obama couldn't answer since the topic changed and Obama followed the rules of the interview. I guess following rules is a sign of weakness in many eyes. I will say Obama needs to be a faster speaker if we are going to have a 2 minute time limit. More information needs to be shared fast.
    Why obama totally faceplanted and Romney creamed obama at the debate excuse #341: Romney was a time hog.

    The truth: CNN showed a clock with each candidate’s talking time during the first presidential debate on Wednesday. By the time moderate Jim Lehrer moved to the closing statements, President Barack obama had spoken for more than four minutes longer than GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
    By the end of the debate, obama had spoken for nearly 43 minutes and Romney had spoken for 38 and a half minutes, according to CNN’s clock.
    http://blog.newsok.com/politics/2012...lance-of-time/
    Ive noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born. -- Ronald Reagan
    We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. -- Ann Coulter
    "I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others." -- Ann Coulter on Fox News 6/22/09
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men. Boondock Saints

  3. #33

    Default

    The NEW Romney strategy: JUST LIE YOUR @#$ off and deny what you said just the day before,once the analysis shows what a dufus you were.

    At first, I DID think Obama failed, not because of what Obama said, but because Obama did not call out Romney on each of his lies. Maybe Obama just got caught by the sheer surprise of a guy so willing to just LIE HIS ASS OFF in front of 67 million people. Or maybe he just had his own talking points, and did not really prepare. So he lost in being non confrontational, but when the facts are finally analyzed thoroughly, Romneys little sales pitch techniques will show Romney is the Liar we already know him to be.

    Further analysis has already now demonstrated that Mitt Romney is the perpetual flip flop king of spin, like we have never seen before since Nixons attempt to say he was not a crook. LOL!

    The Devil is in the Details, and Mitt is now trapped by his own denial of his previous statements to his own base. And double speak like saying that reduction of income tax rate from 35% to 28% is not a tax cut because "deductions" will be eliminated is just complete nonsense, since the capital gains tax and inheritance tax will disappear under a Romney/Republican Congress.

    And now we know that all of Mitts little spiel was just the debate talking points that we have come to despise from the likes of Fox News:
    http://shredoftruth.com/home/romneys...-fox-news.html
    http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...bate-flipflops
    Last edited by SkullKrusher; Oct 06 2012 at 01:51 AM.

  4. Likes Cerpintaxt liked this post
  5. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodystylez View Post
    After reading posts like this and many others I had to watch it over again.

    I tried to take the perspective of an American that didn't know much about politics and believed everything they say.

    I realized that yes, Romney did win the debate. He had lots of big promises that won me over and I didn't put too much thought into how he was going to fulfill those promises. When Obama called him out on it he answered with, "Any policy that isn't worth borrowing money from China will be gone" So he avoided specifics and since I am sitting in the perspective of someone that isn't into politics, it won me over. Romney WAS more confident as a person which wins in the eyes of someone not looking at policy. Romney really took charge! He even cut off the president and interviewer multiple times and showed he was in control by avoiding that pesky time limit.

    I see now why people think he won, most people hate politics. While going over his time limit he brought up multiple big questions that Obama couldn't answer since the topic changed and Obama followed the rules of the interview. I guess following rules is a sign of weakness in many eyes. I will say Obama needs to be a faster speaker if we are going to have a 2 minute time limit. More information needs to be shared fast.
    Yes, empty promises...now you know how Obama won in '08...as well as every other POTUS for the last several decades...welcome to America, btw.
    I'm starting a gang. Its main points of business will be theft and forcing people to join us. Once we have enough members we will stop using the words "gang" and "theft" and replace them with "country" and "taxation," respectively.

  6. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkullKrusher View Post
    The NEW Romney strategy: JUST LIE YOUR @#$ off and deny what you said just the day before,once the analysis shows what a dufus you were.

    At first, I DID think Obama failed, not because of what Obama said, but because Obama did not call out Romney on each of his lies. Maybe Obama just got caught by the sheer surprise of a guy so willing to just LIE HIS ASS OFF in front of 67 million people. Or maybe he just had his own talking points, and did not really prepare. So he lost in being non confrontational, but when the facts are finally analyzed thoroughly, Romneys little sales pitch techniques will show Romney is the Liar we already know him to be.

    Further analysis has already now demonstrated that Mitt Romney is the perpetual flip flop king of spin, like we have never seen before since Nixons attempt to say he was not a crook. LOL!

    The Devil is in the Details, and Mitt is now trapped by his own denial of his previous statements to his own base. And double speak like saying that reduction of income tax rate from 35% to 28% is not a tax cut because "deductions" will be eliminated is just complete nonsense, since the capital gains tax and inheritance tax will disappear under a Romney/Republican Congress.

    And now we know that all of Mitts little spiel was just the debate talking points that we have come to despise from the likes of Fox News:
    http://shredoftruth.com/home/romneys...-fox-news.html
    http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...bate-flipflops
    Why obama fumbled, stumbled, stammered and guffawed while Romney mopped the floor using obama as his dirty mop excuse #1: Romney lied.

    Romney: "You may be entitled to you own home, your own plane as President, but you're not entitled to your own facts". It was Mitt calling out obama for lying time after time and for repeating lies over and over. You know why the democrats have not put out a video of Mitt Romney promising a $5 trillion tax cut for the wealthiest of Americans? Because it doesn't freaking exist! Why? Because obama lied when he said that Mitt Romney has been running around the country for the past 18 months promising a $5 trillion tax cut to the wealthy. This is called fantasy politics. Meanwhile, obama is spewing lie after lie, and of course the dems aren't about to fact check that crap. He said he cut taxes for the middle class 18 times? What? He raised taxes on the middle class with obamacare. Nobody got a tax cut under obama. He only extended the Bush tax cuts that he has demonized for the past 6 years.
    Romney lying would not explain why he performed so well, nor why obama performed so miserably.
    Last edited by PatriotNews; Oct 06 2012 at 02:08 AM.
    Ive noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born. -- Ronald Reagan
    We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. -- Ann Coulter
    "I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others." -- Ann Coulter on Fox News 6/22/09
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men. Boondock Saints

  7. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotNews View Post
    Why obama fumbled, stumbled, stammered and guffawed while Romney mopped the floor using obama as his dirty mop excuse #1: Romney lied.

    Romney: "You may be entitled to you own home, your own plane as President, but you're not entitled to your own facts". It was Mitt calling out obama for lying time after time and for repeating lies over and over. You know why the democrats have not put out a video of Mitt Romney promising a $5 trillion tax cut for the wealthiest of Americans? Because it doesn't freaking exist! Why? Because obama lied when he said that Mitt Romney has been running around the country for the past 18 months promising a $5 trillion tax cut to the wealthy. This is called fantasy politics. Meanwhile, obama is spewing lie after lie, and of course the dems aren't about to fact check that crap. He said he cut taxes for the middle class 18 times? What? He raised taxes on the middle class with obamacare. Nobody got a tax cut under obama. He only extended the Bush tax cuts that he has demonized for the past 6 years.
    Romney lying would not explain why he performed so well, nor why obama performed so miserably.
    Say what you will, I got my source: http://taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/romney-plan.cfm

    Now Romney can wiggle around and pretend he has some VooDoo economic scam like mystery undefined deductions, but until such time as he comes up with some actual numbers, rather than just saying it will work, I have to give the 5 Trillion over 10 years analysis by the Tax Policy Center, the benefit of the doubt.

    You got a link with some actual numbers? If so, post so we can read it.

    Now I am still a little cranky about Big Bird getting fired, but I am willing to read legitimate numbers, so if you got some then let us see em.
    Last edited by SkullKrusher; Oct 06 2012 at 03:22 AM.

  8. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodystylez View Post
    I am not stupid. I know why Republicans are saying he won. Trying to gain attention from people who don't like politics to win votes, it's old news.

    Anyone who watched saw Romney trying to sell the worst car on the planet saying, "Boy, she's a beauty isn't she?!" With the slick hair and fake smile.

    Again, Facts over fiction. Obama won.
    Ayuh,.... Atleast ya make 1 debatable point,...

    'n I agree with everybody else in the world, but yerself...

    Obo was his usual Empty Chair self...

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkullKrusher View Post
    Say what you will, I got my source: http://taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/romney-plan.cfm

    Now Romney can wiggle around and pretend he has some VooDoo economic scam like mystery undefined deductions, but until such time as he comes up with some actual numbers, rather than just saying it will work, I have to give the 5 Trillion over 10 years analysis by the Tax Policy Center, the benefit of the doubt.

    You got a link with some actual numbers? If so, post so we can read it.

    Now I am still a little cranky about Big Bird getting fired, but I am willing to read legitimate numbers, so if you got some then let us see em.
    Thanks for the link, FTA:

    it is impossible to determine how the plan would affect federal tax revenues or the distribution of the tax burden
    Liberals claim to want to give hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views ~ William F. Buckley, Jr.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    Thanks for the link, FTA:
    Which actually doesn't address the effect it would have on spending.

  11. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkullKrusher View Post
    Say what you will, I got my source: http://taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/romney-plan.cfm

    Now Romney can wiggle around and pretend he has some VooDoo economic scam like mystery undefined deductions, but until such time as he comes up with some actual numbers, rather than just saying it will work, I have to give the 5 Trillion over 10 years analysis by the Tax Policy Center, the benefit of the doubt.

    You got a link with some actual numbers? If so, post so we can read it.

    Now I am still a little cranky about Big Bird getting fired, but I am willing to read legitimate numbers, so if you got some then let us see em.
    Well the obama team has already admitted that the only one lying about the 5 trillion dollars is them. Maybe the dems need to get on the same page about what lies are good lies and what lies are bad lies:
    team-obama-admits-5-trillion-tax-cut-claim-is-a-lie-video
    http://campaigntrailreport.com/2012/...is-a-lie-video
    Ive noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born. -- Ronald Reagan
    We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. -- Ann Coulter
    "I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others." -- Ann Coulter on Fox News 6/22/09
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men. Boondock Saints

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Geez, Glenn Beck, How could you be so kind?
    By DoneEatingGrass in forum Current Events
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Aug 01 2012, 07:18 AM
  2. A question for the Taliban: How do you avenge the deaths?
    By jedimiller in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 13 2012, 03:03 AM
  3. How could you want a centrally planned/command economy?
    By DeathStar in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jan 10 2012, 06:43 PM
  4. Herman Cain: 'How do you say 'delicious' in Cuban?'
    By Think for myself in forum Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Nov 17 2011, 11:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks