The site is turning Too Far Right and some of the Mods are supporting it IMO.
I have Moved on from posting here, only occasionally read, so do not expect replies.
Best wishes to All and Good Luck
Casper Over and Out
http://francoistremblay.wordpress.co...personalities/Traits of authoritarian personalities
1. Rigid, unthinking adherence to conventional, middle-class ideas of right and wrong.
2. Respect for and submission to authority. This includes a desire for a strong leader and for followers to revere the leader, following him (seldom her) blindly.
3. Scapegoating of a outsiders who are different.
4. Inability to trust people outside the group. Such a negative view of people leads to the conclusion that harsh laws and a strong police or army are necessary.
5. Belief in the importance of having a powerful leader and being part of a powerful group.
6. Over-simplified thinking. We don’t have to take responsibility for thinking or deciding. We just do what we are told.
7. Fear of dangerous ideas. Since the authoritarian already has a handle on the truth, he/she opposes new ideas, unconventional solutions, creative imaginations. They believe an original thinker is dangerous; he/she will think differently.
8. I’m pure, others are evil.
9. Ethnocentrism: Everything of mine is better than yours – my country, my religion, my kind of people, my family, my self.
http://seesdifferent.wordpress.com/2...n-personality/[John Dean] says that “While not all conservatives are authoritarians, all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives” and authoritarians “took control of the conservative movement in the 1980s, and then the Republican Party in the 1990s.” Now, a few authoritarian leaders decide how and what the followers should believe.
Dean’s central thesis explains why that is so … the “conservative” movement has become, at its core, an authoritarian movement composed of those with a psychological and emotional need to follow a strong authority figure which provides them a sense of moral clarity and a feeling of individual power, the absence of which creates fear and insecurity in the individuals who crave it.
… What defines and motivates this movement are not any political ideas or strategic objectives, but instead, it is the bloodthirsty, ritualistic attacks on the Enemy de jour — the Terrorist, the Communist, the Illegal Immigrant, the Secularist, and most of all, the “Liberal.”
Refusal to believe plain facts, suspicion of science and education, political beliefs which can fit on a bumper sticker, trust in their leaders even when the leaders are PROVEN wrong (Rush, Rove), demonization of anyone who is different, a yearning to return to the past -- it's all there, described by the Authoritarian Personality. I don't know if this means today's conservatism is a cult (classical conservatism is not), but it is just as immune to reason and persuasion as cults are.
Last edited by LasMa; Nov 30 2012 at 06:55 PM.
Conservatives are money master. I think that clears it up sufficiently.
face it, your hero obama is a marxist collectivist, and you are his willing slaves. you smile as he puts the shackles on your ankles. pathetic!
"just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged
I understand this about Atlas Shrugged: It's about survival of the fittest. It assumes that a person's value lies in how much money they can make. I don't wish to live in such a society.
I understand another thing about Atlas Shrugged: It assumes that capitalists are benevolent, and would never, ever do anything to screw their customers, their employees, or their communities in the name of profit. You only need to pick up a newspaper to see how patently ridiculous that assumption is.