+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 132

Thread: Why isn't the GOP message sticking ?

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
    At least the for-profit maggots can't drop you when you get too expensive to cover at an obscene profit.
    And they'll gladly do it, because the Government is FORCING people to consume their product. Businesses will GLADLY trade a portion of their freedom, in exchange for the Government policing their market share, guaranteeing them business and protection from their competition.

    And that's EXACTLY what happened here, THAT'S why United Healthcare supported it, THAT'S why America's Health Insurance Plan's, the insurance industries largest lobbying group., lobbied FOR it.

    Don't talk to me about "for-profit" maggots, when you're their willing patsy.
    Last edited by Alaska Slim; Aug 10 2013 at 04:53 PM.

  2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Slim View Post
    You mean the ones who worked for Big Pharma, who, FYI, lobbied FOR Obamacare? And which of course, you don't find at all strange.

    Or United Healthcare's support. Or America's Health Insurance Plans support. No, nothing strange here, keep ignoring the man behind the curtain.

    For F*ck's sake just read on it, and stop being such a (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) partisan yes-man.


    Someone who can read a balance sheet, and I know who benefits from this, that's why they lobby for it, that's why they spin it.
    Sorry but insurance companies do not support Obamacare. They may be slightly participating in it as the whole thing moves forward, hoping in all hope that it falls apart before destroying the free market healthcare environment completely. If it all continues as planned, the insurance companies will bail out of providing health insurance all together. Insurance companies do not back what will result in their demise.
    Last edited by justoneman; Aug 10 2013 at 04:57 PM.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-C View Post
    I KNOW that the ACA isn't perfect;
    No, NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

    It is not the imperfect solution, IT DOESN'T EVEN ADDRESS THE PROBLEM! IT COMPLETELY F*CKING IGNORES IT AND HELPS THE PERPETRATORS GET AWAY WITH IT.

    That is NOT the same as "imperfect", that is A FAILURE, that is becoming PART OF THE PROBLEM.

    Reading the content of the bill, you can only be left with impression that the F*CKING POLTICANS WHO WROTE IT, either DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON, or they are WILLINGLY MAKING IT WORSE. They attack SYMPTOMS not CAUSES, they PRETEND to be making Healthcare more "affordable" when they instead take actions that will make it MORE EXPENSIVE. THEY F*CKING CONTRADICT THEMSELVES.


    IT IS NOT "achieve by any means" There is a RIGHT way, and there is a WRONG way, and this WAS WRONG, PERIOD.

    Progressives can see it, so I know this isn't a case of what "conservatives don't like". It's you sticking to a party line, because, words.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Distraff View Post
    Is there an example of the GOP not being able to persuade their side? They seem pretty united on many issues.
    Totally united in their lunacy, actually.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
    Sorry but insurance companies do not support Obamacare. They may be slightly participating in it as the whole thing moves forward, hoping in all hope that it falls apart before destroying the free market healthcare environment completely. If it all continues as planned, the insurance companies will bail out of providing health insurance all together. Insurance companies do not back what will result in their demise.
    Good riddance to the for-profit parasites.
    No civilization ever collapsed because the poor had too much to eat.

  6. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-C View Post
    Even THAT can be mitigated to a reasonable degree; not all human beings agree that we must compete with all others across the globe.

    The paradigm that is the "Global Economy" doesn't necessarily have to stay the same for ALL time (and it probably won't).


    At some point, this nation WILL enact policies and employment scenarios that will benefit the citizens here most; I can almost guarantee you that foreign interests and corporations will not forever influence the will of the people here as much as they do at the present time.

    No, I'm not talking "isolationism", but a nation significantly more discerning about policies which affect its people. (It's coming.)


    Eventually, those nations will also fend for themselves more than they do. There will always be international trade, but I don't see where it is an absolute must that America would depend upon other nations for its products as much as we do today. Sooner, rather than later, Americans will realize that doing for ourselves HERE, is more of a win-win scenarios for themselves and their children.
    I hope you're right, but I doubt it. Consumers have been casting their vote for years for globalization, few people will pay the extra 20% or so it would cost for something to be American Made. Think about it, someone in China can make an Iphone and then put it on a boat or plane and ship it across the world, then pay a steep tariff tax on the import, cheaper than someone can make it here. It doesn't bode well, and canceling out competition causes complacency (which is running rampant here), which in turn causes someone else who is under intense competition to rise above them by working harder due to necessity.

    At best, even if we were able to insulate ourselves, it would be hypocritical of most. Americans are the 1% in the global economy, even the low-wage earners at the bottom. BILLIONS and BILLIONS of people would love to trade places. We would just be a wealthy entity protecting our wealth, which is exactly what we demonize our 1% for doing. Doesn't that hit home to anyone? When someone feels they have it bad compared to someone else (say our min. wage workers compared to our CEOs) they raise a stink and talk about all the ways to stop income disparity, but when the tables turn and our min. wage worker is in the 1% compared to BILLIONS of people starving to death or dying of malaria, we change our stance: Oh this is our wealth, we worked hard for it, why should they benefit from our hard work? It's the exact same argument we hate to hear from our CEOs.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Slim View Post
    No, NOT GOOD ENOUGH...
    I've been around a long time. It may not be "GOOD ENOUGH" (and I can agree, to a point). Still, the reality is that we must advocate to make changes over time... just as Americans have had to do about concerning just about everything else.

    Maybe I see the LONG curve as being viable, because I'm a gay, Black American. There is a great deal that I didn't see improved or fixed for most of my life.

    And I also remember a bunch of closed-minded, intransigent fools fighting Mrs. Clinton on healthcare decades ago.

    Something needed to be done. And that we waited until the 21st century to gt on with it, probably didn't help a lot.

    So, here we go. It's not the first time we've gone forward with laws that were less-than-ideal... and it won't be the last time.
    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." -C. Darwin-

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
    Sorry but insurance companies do not support Obamacare.
    Oh yes they do.
    Sure, they may at times seek to make exceptions just for themselves, but corporations have done that with regulations they lobbied for, for decades.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malignant View Post
    I hope you're right, but I doubt it. Consumers have been casting their vote for years for globalization, few people will pay the extra 20% or so it would cost for something to be American Made. Think about it, someone in China can make an Iphone and then put it on a boat or plane and ship it across the world, then pay a steep tariff tax on the import, cheaper than someone can make it here. It doesn't bode well, and canceling out competition causes complacency (which is running rampant here), which in turn causes someone else who is under intense competition to rise above them by working harder due to necessity.

    At best, even if we were able to insulate ourselves, it would be hypocritical of most. Americans are the 1% in the global economy, even the low-wage earners at the bottom. BILLIONS and BILLIONS of people would love to trade places. We would just be a wealthy entity protecting our wealth, which is exactly what we demonize our 1% for doing. Doesn't that hit home to anyone? When someone feels they have it bad compared to someone else (say our min. wage workers compared to our CEOs) they raise a stink and talk about all the ways to stop income disparity, but when the tables turn and our min. wage worker is in the 1% compared to BILLIONS of people starving to death or dying of malaria, we change our stance: Oh this is our wealth, we worked hard for it, why should they benefit from our hard work? It's the exact same argument we hate to hear from our CEOs.
    I think a lot will depend upon how the "suffering" (due to the globalization) is defined. Right now, the guys with the money are pulling the wool over the eyes of people. They won't be able to do that for ALL time.
    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." -C. Darwin-

  10. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-C View Post
    I think a lot will depend upon how the "suffering" (due to the globalization) is defined. Right now, the guys with the money are pulling the wool over the eyes of people. They won't be able to do that for ALL time.
    We are the guys with all the money ... maybe we've pulled the wool over our own eyes ...

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malignant View Post
    We are the guys with all the money ... maybe we've pulled the wool over our own eyes ...
    You and I aren't the 1%. Our only power is in our numbers. If we don't help ourselves by using our vote, nothing will change.
    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." -C. Darwin-

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why isn't the MSM talking about Benghazi?
    By yes/no in forum Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Nov 05 2012, 06:16 PM
  2. Do the left and the right want peace? YES so why isn't it so hard?
    By Robodoon in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Sep 30 2011, 05:51 PM
  3. Obama's Jobs Bill would be GOOD for the Economy - Which is Why the GOP Objects to it
    By NoPartyAffiliation in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: Sep 19 2011, 01:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks