+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Why are Americans so fearful of the world Socialism?

  1. Default Why are Americans so fearful of the world Socialism?

    Anything liberal in nature gets a large majority of Americans calling it socialism commie pinko (Archie Bunker) propaganda. Like Universal healthcare. Any civilized nation has aspects of socialism. So why the extreme reaction & over classification of liberal thoughts and universal ideas as socialism? And social = evil.

    Why the non want to help your fellow citizen in So many easy aspects out of fear of that word?

  2. Default

    Socialism inevitably leads to totalitarianism, KGB/Cheak/Gestapo and gulag/Auschwitz.

    That seems sufficient to me.
    ObamaTax Delendum Est

  3. Likes Wehrwolfen liked this post
  4. Default

    universal healthcare provided by the state is socialist so I don't at all understand your point. As is minimum wage laws, unemployment benefits et cetera. The question is really why you are assuming that those things are liberal in nature when they are in fact socialist.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Taxcutter View Post
    Socialism inevitably leads to totalitarianism, KGB/Cheak/Gestapo and gulag/Auschwitz.

    That seems sufficient to me.
    And then we have the socialist scandinavian countries, the best example of totalitarian socialism.
    Take up the White Man's burden And reap his old reward:
    The blame of those ye better, The hate of those ye guard--
    To wait in heavy harness, On fluttered folk and wild--
    Your new-caught, sullen peoples, Half-devil and half-child.


  5. #4

    Default

    Why are Americans so fearful of the world Socialism?

    You might look at Greece and many other European countries today and maybe that might answer your question.
    Beam me up Scottie, no intelligent life down here.

  6. Likes Wehrwolfen liked this post
  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine1 View Post
    Why are Americans so fearful of the world Socialism?

    You might look at Greece and many other European countries today and maybe that might answer your question.
    I again refer to the scandinavian countries, which by the way are far more socialist than the greeks could ever hope to be.
    Take up the White Man's burden And reap his old reward:
    The blame of those ye better, The hate of those ye guard--
    To wait in heavy harness, On fluttered folk and wild--
    Your new-caught, sullen peoples, Half-devil and half-child.


  8. #6

    Default

    It is your talking head leaders who have you beleiving it is fear of the word, when in fact it is understanding of the impracticality of every liberal initiative presented that scares people.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJC13 View Post
    Anything liberal in nature gets a large majority of Americans calling it socialism commie pinko (Archie Bunker) propaganda. Like Universal healthcare. Any civilized nation has aspects of socialism. So why the extreme reaction & over classification of liberal thoughts and universal ideas as socialism? And social = evil.

    Why the non want to help your fellow citizen in So many easy aspects out of fear of that word?
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. " - Not sure who

    "For those who don't know the difference, under capitalism the government works for you, under socialism/communism, YOU work for the government!" - Me

    "When the Electorate realizes they can vote themselves money from the Treasury, it will herald the end of the Republic." - Benjamin Franklin

  9. Likes Wehrwolfen liked this post
  10. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJC13 View Post
    Anything liberal in nature gets a large majority of Americans calling it socialism commie pinko (Archie Bunker) propaganda. Like Universal healthcare. Any civilized nation has aspects of socialism. So why the extreme reaction & over classification of liberal thoughts and universal ideas as socialism? And social = evil.

    Why the non want to help your fellow citizen in So many easy aspects out of fear of that word?
    I think you are wrong in your assumption that it is a large majority
    I think it is A loud minority
    Who would say anything to gain political power for conservatives
    I think the 2012 elections prove this point

  11. #8

    Default

    A win by roughly 49%, that is your proof. Edit/Unnecessary comment

    Quote Originally Posted by little voice View Post
    I think you are wrong in your assumption that it is a large majority
    I think it is A loud minority
    Who would say anything to gain political power for conservatives
    I think the 2012 elections prove this point
    Last edited by Angedras; Sep 03 2013 at 06:03 PM.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. " - Not sure who

    "For those who don't know the difference, under capitalism the government works for you, under socialism/communism, YOU work for the government!" - Me

    "When the Electorate realizes they can vote themselves money from the Treasury, it will herald the end of the Republic." - Benjamin Franklin

  12. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whaler17 View Post
    A win by roughly 49%, that is your proof. Edit/Unnecessary comment
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/18...arly-3-percent

    The fact you cannot get around he won
    Both the electoral vote and the popular vote
    not 49% as you say
    And I still think a small minority that will say anything
    Last edited by Angedras; Sep 03 2013 at 06:03 PM.

  13. #10

    Default

    The fact that you think 50.4% is vastly better than 49% made me laugh out loud.
    There is NOW a majority of Americans who are dissatisfied with Obama as commander in chief. 44% approval rating is the latest.
    http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danield...ecord-n1688089

    It will drop like a rock when the inexperienced "leader" completely jacks up whatever we do in Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by little voice View Post
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/18...arly-3-percent

    The fact you cannot get around he won
    Both the electoral vote and the popular vote
    not 49% as you say
    And I still think a small minority that will say anything
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. " - Not sure who

    "For those who don't know the difference, under capitalism the government works for you, under socialism/communism, YOU work for the government!" - Me

    "When the Electorate realizes they can vote themselves money from the Treasury, it will herald the end of the Republic." - Benjamin Franklin

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why are so many People in the World convinced a Jewish Conspiracy exists?
    By SiliconMagician in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 16 2013, 11:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks