+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76

Thread: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  1. Default

    I just want to inform you that I'm not your typical non-black person here. You're talking to me as if I'm just another White person that goes by statistics and nothing else when it comes to blacks. I'm not. I've spent practically my whole life living in majority black neighborhoods/cities. I see the way they behave and act every day of my life. It's got a lot more to do with it than past oppressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    When you look at the statistics, only 1 to 2 percent of the Black population is responsible for alot of the violent crime. There were 1,246,248 violent crimes committed in 2010. There are 40 million Blacks in the USA If half of them were committed by Blacks, then that would be about 623,124 offenses. There are also other things to consider. Some criminals kill more than one person and some rape more than one person. Some criminals assault more than one person. With that considered, then number of Blacks committing violent crimes would go down slightly. Only about 1.5% of the Black population is committing violent crimes. That doesn't sound like a majority to me.
    I'm aware of all that actually. One thing I'm not sure whether you're aware of is blacks tradition of not reporting violent behavior to the police. I'm sure you've heard of "snitches git stitches?" This is why you cannot always go by statistics and why personal experience is everything. I know for a fact that the vast majority of violent black behavior doesn't get reported. And that's an understatement.

    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    I will say it again. The Black Panthers had alot to do with the violence. The riots happened under the influence of the Black Panther Party. The Civil Rights Act didn't cause the violence to go up. The mentality of many Black people was changing. Many Blacks were getting to the point where they didn't care anymore, where they had nothing to lose. They didn't want to be told "to know their place". They were tired. The violent crime that would go up was mainly a result of the drug trade. The 1960's was also the point where alot of factories started to lay off people. Alot of Blacks were employed in factories. When those jobs dried up, Blacks were effected disproportionally. With unemployment rates rising, and drugs flooding many neighborhoods, the crime rate rose too. How did cocaine get into Black neighborhoods? Why wasn't cocaine getting distributed to alot of White neighborhoods? Last time I checked, cocaine is an expensive drug and it has to come in from Latin American. Gangs were getting into the drug trade to get money. No amount of jail time would have stopped that. The mentality of Blacks was changing BECAUSE they were tired of not being treated like USA citizens, and part of the change came from radical groups. Dr. King had nothing to do with any of that.
    Blacks are violent and homicidal all over the planet. In England, blacks are even more violent than in the USA and Brits tend to pander to every whim of black "people."

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...crease-england

    This is why I say Martin Luther King is the cause of the black crime epidemic sweeping America today. Violent black crime isn't as complex as you want it to be. Blacks are naturally just a lot more violent and uncivilized than all the other races. It's got nothing to do with slavery or oppression. Remember, you're talking to someone that's known more black "people" personally in my life than all other races COMBINED... including my own. You can't pull the wool over my eyes.

    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    The divide between Blacks and Whites was there BEFORE the Civil War started. Blacks were thought of as inferior people, suited to be nothing more than slaves. Blacks didn't want to be slaves. I wouldn't blame Black slaves for rebelling or running away. Who wants to be a slave? The divide didn't come because of "Blacks behaving badly". It came before that. Slavery was a big part of this.
    Maybe the Whites instantly knew blacks were no good as soon as they laid eyes on them. Maybe... just maybe... blacks couldn't control their violent tendancies and earned their reputation back then just the same way they do today. That is a possibility.

    Also, if blacks didn't want to be slaves then they need to blame the black African kings and queens that sold them to the White man as such. Slavery isn't just a one way street.

    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Here is a question I have. What would help ME??
    I don't know. I'd hate to be in your position. But I wouldn't be so quick to blame racists. I'd be furious at my own people before I blame a group of people that dislike negative behavior.

  2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    I just want to inform you that I'm not your typical non-black person here. You're talking to me as if I'm just another White person that goes by statistics and nothing else when it comes to blacks. I'm not. I've spent practically my whole life living in majority black neighborhoods/cities. I see the way they behave and act every day of my life. It's got a lot more to do with it than past oppressions.



    I'm aware of all that actually. One thing I'm not sure whether you're aware of is blacks tradition of not reporting violent behavior to the police. I'm sure you've heard of "snitches git stitches?" This is why you cannot always go by statistics and why personal experience is everything. I know for a fact that the vast majority of violent black behavior doesn't get reported. And that's an understatement.



    Blacks are violent and homicidal all over the planet. In England, blacks are even more violent than in the USA and Brits tend to pander to every whim of black "people."

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...crease-england

    This is why I say Martin Luther King is the cause of the black crime epidemic sweeping America today. Violent black crime isn't as complex as you want it to be. Blacks are naturally just a lot more violent and uncivilized than all the other races. It's got nothing to do with slavery or oppression. Remember, you're talking to someone that's known more black "people" personally in my life than all other races COMBINED... including my own. You can't pull the wool over my eyes.



    Maybe the Whites instantly knew blacks were no good as soon as they laid eyes on them. Maybe... just maybe... blacks couldn't control their violent tendancies and earned their reputation back then just the same way they do today. That is a possibility.

    Also, if blacks didn't want to be slaves then they need to blame the black African kings and queens that sold them to the White man as such. Slavery isn't just a one way street.



    I don't know. I'd hate to be in your position. But I wouldn't be so quick to blame racists. I'd be furious at my own people before I blame a group of people that dislike negative behavior.
    What city are you in? Where I'm living, what you are saying about Black people doesn't apply to most of the Blacks I encounter.

    It isn't just Blacks that do that. Go read about the Chinese Triad gangs in San Francisco.

    Not all Blacks are violent all over the the planet. A subculture of Blacks are violent. And by the way, it isn't just Blacks who are more violent in the UK these days. Whites are also getting more violent in the UK. In Glasgow,Scotland, there is a term called the "Glaswegian Smile", where Scottish gang members have taken knives and cut a "joker smile" through the victim's mouth through both sides. And most Blacks who kill often do so to other Black people. So in reality, Blacks are in alot of danger themselves, those who aren't criminals. The roots of Black violence in the UK go back to immigration when Blacks were met with prejudice from White British people. Some people formed gangs. Look at the result today. Workin class British society in general is turning more and more nihilistic, a basically "look out for self and forget everyone else" kind of society.

    Black violence has alot of its roots in slavery, oppression, and in many cases, self-loathing. Blacks used to take out their anger on each other and often only each other because while many were mad at White people, the fear was there. Blacks still kill each other and the majority of their victims are Black. The big issue is nihilism. The church has been historically a factor in curbing this. Not as many people are in church these days.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    What city are you in? Where I'm living, what you are saying about Black people doesn't apply to most of the Blacks I encounter.

    It isn't just Blacks that do that. Go read about the Chinese Triad gangs in San Francisco.

    Not all Blacks are violent all over the the planet. A subculture of Blacks are violent. And by the way, it isn't just Blacks who are more violent in the UK these days. Whites are also getting more violent in the UK. In Glasgow,Scotland, there is a term called the "Glaswegian Smile", where Scottish gang members have taken knives and cut a "joker smile" through the victim's mouth through both sides. And most Blacks who kill often do so to other Black people. So in reality, Blacks are in alot of danger themselves, those who aren't criminals. The roots of Black violence in the UK go back to immigration when Blacks were met with prejudice from White British people. Some people formed gangs. Look at the result today. Workin class British society in general is turning more and more nihilistic, a basically "look out for self and forget everyone else" kind of society.

    Black violence has alot of its roots in slavery, oppression, and in many cases, self-loathing. Blacks used to take out their anger on each other and often only each other because while many were mad at White people, the fear was there. Blacks still kill each other and the majority of their victims are Black. The big issue is nihilism. The church has been historically a factor in curbing this. Not as many people are in church these days.
    I've lived in Jacksonville, Fl, Houston Tx and now I'm living in London, England... for now.

    The Chinese are, majoritively speaking, nice, quiet, respectful, hard-working, law-abiding citizens.

    It's all about percentages and many people view the percentage of black crime being unacceptable in what is supposed to be a civilized society.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    I've lived in Jacksonville, Fl, Houston Tx and now I'm living in London, England... for now.

    The Chinese are, majoritively speaking, nice, quiet, respectful, hard-working, law-abiding citizens.

    It's all about percentages and many people view the percentage of black crime being unacceptable in what is supposed to be a civilized society.
    Alot of what they do is underground. There is a culture of shame in the Chinese community. You don't do stupid stuff in public for fear of public shame. I think the "shame" culture is rooted in Confucianism. That is why alot of murders the Triads committ are underground and out of the way. Some of the "massage parlors" don't get snuffed out as easily because in some cases they are disguised as a nail salon. Black criminals do all of their dirt in the light, where everyone and don't care what anyone thinks of them. The Black people who do behave in a civilized manner actually care what White people think of them. To many Black people, to NOT care means to lose things. Meanwhile, many Black people who do live there just try to get out of there.

    I went to my father's church on Christmas day(I go to my own church where I live). There was alot of love in his church and people wanted to be around each other and had each other's back. His church has also started a scholarship fund for students who want to go to college. It isn't a megachurch and it isn't alot of money, but the church does it's best. For African-Americans, the church has proven to be a factor in curbing the nihilism and anger that permeates in many African-Americans. What you see in the streets is the very opposite of love and having each other's back. It's a world of "look out for number one and forget everyone else".

    By the way, I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, in Cobb County. Where I live, there are alot of Blacks in my apartment complex. I haven't had a problem with anyone of them. There are also alot of Hispanics and some White college students living in my complex. No tensions where I live. People generally try to respect each other. I'm not telling you some pipe dream. I'm telling you what I see where I live.

    There is a relatively high percentage of Blacks living in an uncivilized manner, but that is not even the majority. I look at it this way. Civilized, decent Black people are trying to keep away from the Blacks who committ crimes, who do stupid things.

    I looked up Missouri City,Texas, a suburb of Houston. It's 40 percent Black, 30 percent White, 15 percent Asian, 14 percent Hispanic. Average median income is over $83,000. Almost 75,000 people and 5 murders total for Missouri City. It's crime rate is average for towns its size.

  6. Icon10

    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatz View Post
    There is a reason I quoted this great human being in my sig. He is full aware of the tyranny in place all around him in his time. It took great strength and Courage to speak out against evil. Im not just talking about the Racial tyranny. No, I'm talking about the tyranny against human beings as a species. To me he wasn't a man fighting for the rights of African Americans. He was fighting for humanity to wake up, realize that we need to put aside our differences, and fight the tyranny against humanity.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlM87dwYPjg
    You know what I like best about MLK Day followed my Black History Month? It's Big Stick in the Eye of Haters all over the World and it ain't GD thing they can do about it but complain.

    God I Love It, isn't Karma a Son-of-a-Beach?
    "PAY ATTENTION STUPID! They're not coming for your guns, they're coming for your Social Security!"

    For a Good Conservative Whine goto tPF

  7. #56

    Default

    If MLK is the reason for why blacks commit crimes, then Hitler is the reason for why so many whites are serial killers.

    See how that logic works?

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by micfranklin View Post
    If MLK is the reason for why blacks commit crimes, then Hitler is the reason for why so many whites are serial killers.

    See how that logic works?
    Thank you for bringing that. Anyone who is thinking rationally would know that Dr. King was not the reason Blacks are committing crimes. Dr. King did not tell people "go and kill as many people as you can".

    If there is any vengeance mentality among some Black people, Dr. King had nothing to do with it. That came from someone who might have misconstrued the message of the Black Power movement. Dr. King worked to make sure Blacks got the same rights as everyone else. That is his contribution, one I am quite grateful for. That is why I celebrate his holiday. It helped ME.

  9. Icon6

    Quote Originally Posted by micfranklin View Post
    If MLK is the reason for why blacks commit crimes, then Hitler is the reason for why so many whites are serial killers.

    See how that logic works?
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Thank you for bringing that. Anyone who is thinking rationally would know that Dr. King was not the reason Blacks are committing crimes. Dr. King did not tell people "go and kill as many people as you can".

    If there is any vengeance mentality among some Black people, Dr. King had nothing to do with it. That came from someone who might have misconstrued the message of the Black Power movement. Dr. King worked to make sure Blacks got the same rights as everyone else. That is his contribution, one I am quite grateful for. That is why I celebrate his holiday. It helped ME.
    You two are being simple. This is exactly why I hate debating black "people."

    No one said MLK went out and told people to "kill as many people as you can." MLK demanded civil rights and his selfish little speech led to black "people" getting civil rights. Since then the violence, killing, raping, robbing and drug dealing has been through the roof. This is what happens when you give unequal "people" equal rights.

    Do you understand now?

    It feels like I've explained this over 10 times now.

  10. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    You two are being simple. This is exactly why I hate debating black "people."

    No one said MLK went out and told people to "kill as many people as you can." MLK demanded civil rights and his selfish little speech led to black "people" getting civil rights. Since then the violence, killing, raping, robbing and drug dealing has been through the roof. This is what happens when you give unequal "people" equal rights.

    Do you understand now?

    It feels like I've explained this over 10 times now.
    Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe the violence and whatnot went up in spite of him and not because of him?

    I stand by my statement that if we're going by the logic of MLK being the cause of black violence, then Hitler is the cause of white serial killers.

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    You two are being simple. This is exactly why I hate debating black "people."
    Bet it won't stop though ...
    "PAY ATTENTION STUPID! They're not coming for your guns, they're coming for your Social Security!"

    For a Good Conservative Whine goto tPF

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican
    By James Cessna in forum Race Relations
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: Oct 23 2011, 09:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks