+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 364

Thread: why Mormans are not Christian

  1. Default Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Injeun View Post
    So what then is the name of your Church and religion that you should presume to be the representative of the original Church established by Jesus Christ. And is it mentioned in the Bible, this church of yours. Or is it simply one of the countless cults which have sprung up over the centuries with its own interpretation of the gospel?
    There are multiple ones. Whatever follows the bible and doesn't stray from it's teaching.

    A good indicator is if they add or take anything away from it.
    Last edited by RiseAgainst; Mar 03 2012 at 08:58 PM.

  2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
    Yeah, I do know. I read the BoM. Just like readng the Koran allows me to know that Islamophobes are making crap up.

    Read it, its not what you think. In fact, go visit a Mormon Church. I did, was invited by a freind, and ... whatever Mormonism is ... its definitely focused on Jesus Christ.

    you do realize if you read it, you would see what i wrote is true and your the only one denying it.

    why is that huh?

    you do this all day long ..for years

    you decide that post is wrong, even if it's factual...so you can type something..

    thats all your doing typing with no facts or anything..

    it used to annoy myself and others and now it's like paint drying
    Last edited by Doc Dred; Mar 03 2012 at 09:14 PM.

  4. #173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiseAgainst View Post
    There are multiple ones. Whatever follows the bible and doesn't stray from it's teaching.

    A good indicator is if they add or take anything away from it.
    All the different churchs differ from one another. That'd be adding or taking away by virtue of the differences. If I weren't a Mormon I'd probably say the Christian(Eastern) Orthodox is the closest to true.
    Last edited by Injeun; Mar 03 2012 at 09:18 PM.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Injeun View Post
    All the different churchs differ from one another. That'd be adding or taking away by virtue of the differences. If I weren't a Mormon I'd probably say the Christian Orthodox is the closest to true.
    so how do you feel about Jesus coming over here and teaching to people for those 3 days when he was dead...and why do you think it was never mentioned to anyone when he came back...

    valid question ..

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Injeun View Post
    All the different churchs differ from one another. That'd be adding or taking away by virtue of the differences. If I weren't a Mormon I'd probably say the Christian(Eastern) Orthodox is the closest to true.
    To the contrary, any church that claims it is the one true church is not.

  7. #176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dred View Post
    you do realize if you read it, you would see what i wrote is true and your the only one denying it.

    why is that huh?

    you do this all day long ..for years

    you decide that post is wrong, even if it's factual...so you can type something..

    thats all your doing typing with no facts or anything..

    it used to annoy myself and others and now it's like paint drying
    Right, Clearly Mormons think as you do. I am the only one.

    Read it, at the very least. Otherwise, all you are doing is the same thing as the Islamophobes. That's it.

  8. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dred View Post
    so how do you feel about Jesus coming over here and teaching to people for those 3 days when he was dead...and why do you think it was never mentioned to anyone when he came back...

    valid question ..
    That is not what they claim Doc. They claim the same thing as every other Christian denomination about those three days, they also claim the resurrection. And after the resurrection ... that is when he appears in the New World.

    Its literally titled ANOTHER testiment of Jesus Christ - not a DIFFERENT testiment of Jesus Christ.

    Maybe you should read the book. Clearly it bothers you that it is out there, and the best way to deal with things that bother you is to face them.

    So read it. Being familiar with different faiths is no Sin.

  9. Default

    he came over here accordingly when he was in the grave...

    thats the true...

    i've got a book of mormon in my house...

    those elder kids are all over toronto and i talk to them

    been to salt lake city
    took the tour

    in the big place all the acoustics, drop the needle here it in the back...

    have fun neutral telling people what i am and what i think

  10. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiseAgainst View Post
    To the contrary, any church that claims it is the one true church is not.
    I don't know how you reach that conclusion. According to scripture, Jesus is the Fathers only begotten Son, the only Savior. One Father, one Son, one way. So why not one true church?

  11. #180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dred View Post
    he came over here accordingly when he was in the grave...

    thats the true...

    i've got a book of mormon in my house...

    those elder kids are all over toronto and i talk to them

    been to salt lake city
    took the tour

    in the big place all the acoustics, drop the needle here it in the back...

    have fun neutral telling people what i am and what i think
    No Doc, you are wrong.

    I just explained what the premise of the BoM is. It begins where the New Testament ends. Jesus spent those three days in Hell, he then returns and spends 40 days with his disciples. The BoM offers no details whatsoever about the acts of Jesus in Jerusalem.

    It begins with Lehi and his family around 600BC, who leave the Old World and arrive at the New World and begin teaching the message of a the coming of the Messiah. It then, much like the Old Testament, goes through a series of parables about the often way word adherents of the new faith, and eventually, recounts the tale of Jesus appearing in the New World - after the events of Jerusalem expire - and eventually, the destruction of the faith at teh hands of the local idol worshippers. The last thing the BoM asks you to do is to pray over the truthfulness of the account.

    I am sorry that knowing this feels like a personal insult?

    Maybe there is a better way of looking at it. I have my own denomination, but I caste aspirtions and doubt on no legimate faith. Perhaps this is in your thoughts because you are being called? Simply resisting it?

    There are worse things out there than being a Mormon. If it fits, if it works? So be it.

    Of course, it would be interesting to see you as a Mormon, if for no other reason than it would be interesting to see Wolfies' face and his consternation about the racism of the BoM.

    The BoM is what it is, you can think of it what you will, but the BoM is addition to the Bible, and does not conflict with anything in the Bible itself.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mormans think Native americans were white at one time
    By Doc Dred in forum Religion & Philosophy
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: Nov 08 2012, 05:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks