+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 259

Thread: I will now prove atheists are illogical Part 2.

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
    Who wants to debate with a guy that cannot even be honest about his own opinions? Quite frankly, how CAN you debate someone like that?
    rstones199 - The Voice Of Reason!
    When you say 'god', which one are you referring to?

    I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

  2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giftedone View Post
    There are stories about the God of Abraham interacting with people, stories about the Greek Gods interacting with people, Egyptian Gods, Sumerian Gods, Hindoo Gods, the Islamic God, the Mormon God .. on and on.

    Are some of these stories more believable that others ? Sure.

    Is the story of Muhammad or Joseph Smith more valid than the story of Moses ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
    None of these guys claimed to be God did they? Maybe you should stop and once again reconsider what a thesis statement is.
    Lack of reading comprehension is strong with this one.

    Where in my post do you find it stated or inferred that Muhammad or Joseph claimed to be God ?

    Perhaps you should start to consider re-taking kindergarden !

  4. #213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giftedone View Post
    Lack of reading comprehension is strong with this one.

    Where in my post do you find it stated or inferred that Muhammad or Joseph claimed to be God ?

    Perhaps you should start to consider re-taking kindergarden !
    Yep, reading comprehnsion going back to the definition of the Abrahamic faiths ... whom all worship the same God. Yet you make delineations ... for the multiple Gods which are actually one.

    And then jump to Prophets!

    Well, we know you are the real Prophet of God - so good luck founding your own religion!

    Perhaps you should stop smoking weed or whatever it is that is blocking your short term memory processes!

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
    But the alterantive that the universe simply created itself by ... accident ... does?

    It’s as or more likely.
    The universe is the way it is because that’s how things are.

    Is more simplified then the universe is the way it is because god was the way it needed to be to make it the way it is because that’s how things are

    it’s not impossible for god to exist and make the universe for a purpose of its own

    But it’s not necessary and it’s just as unlikely the right kind of god would just happen to exist to make us. So as an argument that god must exist or is more likely to exist the teleological argument fails

    While still happily for you not disproving god
    Last edited by stig42; Mar 27 2012 at 06:42 PM.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
    Yep, reading comprehnsion going back to the definition of the Abrahamic faiths ... whom all worship the same God. Yet you make delineations ... for the multiple Gods which are actually one.

    And then jump to Prophets!

    Well, we know you are the real Prophet of God - so good luck founding your own religion!

    Perhaps you should stop smoking weed or whatever it is that is blocking your short term memory processes!
    The topic is stories about God and whether one is more valid than the other. These stories come from Prophets such as the ones mentioned and from other places about other Gods.

    In the case of Joseph Smith, Muhammad, and Moses .. same God but different stories.

    Do you believe all the stories about the God of Abraham and stories about other Gods ?

  7. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stig42 View Post
    Itís as or more likely.
    The universe is the way it is because thatís how things are.

    Is more simplified then the universe is the way it is because god was the way it needed to be to make it the way it is because thatís how things are

    itís not impossible for god to exist and make the universe for a purpose of its own

    But itís not necessary and itís just as unlikely the right kind of god would just happen to exist to make us. So as an argument that god must exist or is more likely to exist the teleological argument fails

    While still happily for you not disproving god
    And why would I disprove God?

  8. #217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giftedone View Post
    The topic is stories about God and whether one is more valid than the other. These stories come from Prophets such as the ones mentioned and from other places about other Gods.

    In the case of Joseph Smith, Muhammad, and Moses .. same God but different stories.

    Do you believe all the stories about the God of Abraham and stories about other Gods ?
    Wow three different Prophets have three different stories! What a shock!!!

    Guess that means the Abrahamic God is the same as ... Gods plural. Certainly explains your Christianity.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
    http://christiancadre.blogspot.com/2...-miracles.html

    See #2.

    Sometimes, those prayers are indeed answered.
    the % of those prayers "answered" is vanishingly small.

    How about all those people who go to the televised prayer meeting and somebody like Ernest Ansley or Bennie Hin supposedly heals people with all kinds of afflictions thru prayer. Are those miracles, and if so, how come there is absolutely no verifiable evidence of the efficacy of this approach?
    My karma ran over your dogma.

    "I count religion but a childish toy, and hold there is no sin but ignorance."- C Marlowe.

    ďThose who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.Ē ― George Gordon Byron

  10. #219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    the % of those prayers "answered" is vanishingly small.

    How about all those people who go to the televised prayer meeting and somebody like Ernest Ansley or Bennie Hin supposedly heals people with all kinds of afflictions thru prayer. Are those miracles, and if so, how come there is absolutely no verifiable evidence of the efficacy of this approach?
    Because it works on faith, not science.

    So, because YOU don't control them, they are not real?

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
    Wow three different Prophets have three different stories! What a shock!!!

    Guess that means the Abrahamic God is the same as ... Gods plural.
    There are plenty of stories about Gods other than the God of Abraham.

    The question is what is the validity of these stories ?

    Do you think some are more valid than others ?

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What is logical and what is illogical?
    By Anarcho-Technocrat in forum Religion & Philosophy
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: Dec 16 2012, 08:00 AM
  2. Drug Prohibition is Illogical
    By cloppbeast in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: Mar 31 2012, 08:31 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Mar 28 2012, 08:19 AM
  4. I will now prove atheists are illogical!
    By jedimiller in forum Religion & Philosophy
    Replies: 516
    Last Post: Mar 23 2012, 02:48 AM
  5. America the Illogical
    By Mothom in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 27 2011, 11:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks