+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 123

Thread: "I feel duped on CC" (II)

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Still struggling with the term??

    But the offer is open - prove that my information about James Inhofe and his bogus list are not correct
    http://www.opensecrets.org/politicia...582&cycle=2010
    Ad Hominem is the term used when someone attacks the source of the information rather than the information itself.

    I am sorry you don't understand that, but you do it all the time. I guess you are just admitting you can't address any of what has been offered and you simply need it to go away.

    How about you address the points they make rather than attempt to make me do your bidding? I can understand why you might not like to have to address the information, because it blows a hole in your side of this disacussion.
    "If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? Five? No, calling a tail a leg don't make it a leg." -Abraham Lincoln

  2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

  3. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post
    Ad Hominem is the term used when someone attacks the source of the information rather than the information itself.

    I am sorry you don't understand that, but you do it all the time. I guess you are just admitting you can't address any of what has been offered and you simply need it to go away.

    How about you address the points they make rather than attempt to make me do your bidding? I can understand why you might not like to have to address the information, because it blows a hole in your side of this disacussion.
    We have been over this before and I refuse to derail another thread with this

    Now I have given you a link to Sen Inhofe's income and once again INVITE you to search for further information yourself as it is patently obvious you will not believe me
    "Capitalise your gains and socialise your losses might make sense to a few, especially the few who wish to exploit others without repercussions but it does not make for a good or healthy society
    “There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” ― Terry Pratchett

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    DUH!!

    But you seem to have missed the point - the point is to SEARCH for ANSWERS

    Not try to do science experiments

    You DO know you can use it to search scientific literature - you know as in "peer reviewed articles" and "science journals"??
    That doesn't help you "understand" what you are reading unfortunetly.
    “All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.” - Max Plank

    “Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.” - Max Plank

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    DUH!!

    But you seem to have missed the point - the point is to SEARCH for ANSWERS

    Not try to do science experiments

    You DO know you can use it to search scientific literature - you know as in "peer reviewed articles" and "science journals"??
    uhhh cool story bro? Would you like to tell it again?
    “All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.” - Max Plank

    “Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.” - Max Plank

  6. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarcho-Technocrat View Post
    That doesn't help you "understand" what you are reading unfortunetly.
    As witnessed by the number of denialists here who seemingly cannot read a research paper - otherwise we would not be seeing such stupid claims as "scientists have not taken water vapour into account" or "It's the fault of the sun" or the latest idiocy

    "The climate is changing coz it just, you know, it just DOES"
    "Capitalise your gains and socialise your losses might make sense to a few, especially the few who wish to exploit others without repercussions but it does not make for a good or healthy society
    “There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” ― Terry Pratchett

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Puh-leese! The Senate Minority Report? Do some googling on it

    Don't take my word that is a crock of Shyte - do some googling and while you are at it google the senator behind it - James "Coal mining companies are my best friends" Inhofe
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. The amount of dissenting scientists and their publications has nothing to do with what a senators opinions are. Implying The Senate Minority Report is skewed because a Senator said that is absurd.
    “All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.” - Max Plank

    “Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.” - Max Plank

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    As witnessed by the number of denialists here who seemingly cannot read a research paper - otherwise we would not be seeing such stupid claims as "scientists have not taken water vapour into account" or "It's the fault of the sun" or the latest idiocy

    "The climate is changing coz it just, you know, it just DOES"
    Denialists. Stupid. Idiocy. [insert derogatory intellectual statement here because I disagree with you].

    U mad bro?
    “All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.” - Max Plank

    “Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.” - Max Plank

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post
    Over 700 dissenting scientists (updates previous 650 report) from around the globe challenged man-made global warming claims made by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and former Vice President Al Gore. <snip>

    http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...b-bd9faf4dcdb7
    I have been having a look at this report. It is good for a laugh. They name some of the 700 scientists. I looked in pub med. They do not appear to have authored many papers about climate change. Even more funny is this paragraph

    “The temperature has flattened and is actually going down. We are seeing a new shift towards cooler temperatures that will last for probably about three decades.”
    Remember that was written two years ago. No sign of cooler temperatures yet. If that is the best the climate change deniers can do then they do not have a good case.

  10. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    As witnessed by the number of denialists here who seemingly cannot read a research paper - otherwise we would not be seeing such stupid claims as "scientists have not taken water vapour into account" or "It's the fault of the sun" or the latest idiocy

    "The climate is changing coz it just, you know, it just DOES"
    The idiocy is coming from those who don't seem to understand that the Earth has been changing Climate since the begining of time, long before Man was even around.

    Now they seem to think it should just remain constant, simply because they want it to.

    And then these same idiots try to say others are being idiots for understanding that Climate Change just happens...
    "If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? Five? No, calling a tail a leg don't make it a leg." -Abraham Lincoln

  11. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robot View Post
    Remember that was written two years ago. No sign of cooler temperatures yet. If that is the best the climate change deniers can do then they do not have a good case.
    What?

    There has been a leveling, if not cooling, for several years now...
    "If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? Five? No, calling a tail a leg don't make it a leg." -Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'
    By OldMercsRule in forum Science
    Replies: 763
    Last Post: Mar 27 2012, 07:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks