What would you think of a religion that said go kill all your enemies?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Guyzilla, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Guyzilla

Guyzilla Well-Known Member Past Donor

steal their land. Slay every man, woman, child, animal and every other belonging? For God is a gracious God, and I am giving it all to you? And what if when they slaughtered those people like God commanded, some of the men kept a few kids, and the good looking ladies, so God punished them with constant terror for eternity?

Further, what if those religious people bellyache that they should have slaughtered EXACTLY like God said instead of keeping anything at all?

Now, imagine you were the people slaughtered. All your children, wives, all your belongings and you hear these slaughterers, complaining that they should have finished the job? And complaining that anyone survived?

Further, when unemployment got bad, friends of theirs, declared holy war on you, and gave special get out of hell free cards, if you slaughtered enough of the descendents of the slaughtered?

Further, Those friends split up your lands, and put enemies all next to each other, so they would slaughter each other, forever?

Further, those friends took over your governments, and put in dictators? You get the picture.

How would you feel about your slaughterers?

Now lets say your slaughterers rounded you up, and put you in concentration camps, and stopped you from ever succeeding?

Would you feel like making friends? Would you try your hardest, to do them harm?

WEll, that religion is Judaism. And later, Christianity.

And the story lives on in the bible.

The adherents to Christianity, often still talk about slaughtering them all with a gleam in their eye. And then they talk about how THEM PEOPLE are the violent ones. And say they don't know how to be peaceful, as they are all terrorists.

We give arms, and permission to slaughter with them. WE stop any repercussion from that slaughter. WE don't tell them to stop stealing land. We don't tell them to stop ruining the main industry, olives. WE are somewhat owned by them, as half the political powers, think they are magic.

But here we are, saying the Arabs are the killers. they were BORN BAD.

Now make yourselves the Canaanites. Love thy neighbor?

New International Version
    Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

New Living Translation
    Now go and completely destroy the entire Amalekite nation--men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, goats, camels, and donkeys."

English Standard Version
    Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

http://biblehub.com/1_samuel/15-3.htm

2. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Christianity is not a violent religion. People use the beautiful beliefs of Christianity in such a way that could never be called Christian. It's a disgrace. Simple as that.

3. Guyzilla

But, God clearly commanded that all living souls be slaughtered! Is that beautiful? Would it be if it was YOUR family that all were slain?

4. FreedomSeeker

FreedomSeeker Well-Known Member

I left the hatred of religions for Modern Secular Humanism. If we had "slay every man, woman, child...." in a text of ours we'd probably hang that author from the highest tree. :)
    Let's be so moral, so loving, that we are too ethical to endorse a book to our children that says immoral things like that. Let's love Christians, and show them a more loving way than Jesus/Moses/Yahweh did.

5. FreedomSeeker

Kranes has never ever been able to make a strong moral stand (and has admitted that - I admire the honesty), but I think kranes would be better for the world if kranes could just be honest and admit that the Bible/Qur'an are not very moral and of course very very outdated. We deserve modern belief systems. Heck, some people think an iPhone FOUR is outdated, so certainly a book written by people who thought that slavery was cool would surely be outdated as well! :) Yes, we can move beyond the Abrahamic faiths - they've got us this far, but it's time to move on.

6. FreedomSeeker

The Bible and the heroes of the Bible are, however, I'm afraid. I'm sure that you are not a violent person, however.

7. FreedomSeeker

Thank you for taking the time to educate people on the "dark side" of Jesus' belief system/Bible. It's good that Christians know what I didn't - until I learned it and left Jesus. I try to keep the "love thy neighbor" parts, but not the parts were Jesus taught people to hate their own family members:
    "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." - Matthew 10:34-37

Guyzilla, do you hate your family members or are you more loving than Jesus was? I think the latter, in which case you've made the world a better place by moving beyond the morals of someone even as great as Jesus.

8. FreedomSeeker

If a Christian worships an immoral person like this "god", then do you think Guyzilla that they can consider themselves (who is theoretically less moral than the "god") to be a moral person?
    I'm not sure that they really can, so I moved on, morally, where I can say that yes, I'm more moral than this "god" is. That's a great feeling!

Enjoy this beautiful evening.

9. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

One of the major reasons why Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus was rejected by
    the Jewish community is because they wanted another King David to
    slay Roman giants...........

and give them power over the Romans.....

and not tell them things like turn the other cheek or.....

those who take up the sword will perish by the sword.......

What we Christians did to the First Nations peoples of North and South America is shocking........

and we got the ideas from the Jewish Bible........

We did not apply the words of Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus to our relations with
    the aboriginal peoples of hardly any nation that I know of......

The testimony of near death experiencers about what is happening behind the
    scenes of these holocausts can help us to understand some of what may be
    happening behind the scenes. On one level..... the Amalakites....... had gotten to
    a place.......... where their behaviour was so much like the leadership of ISIS that
    there can be consequences to getting to that very low level of consciousness.

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...souls-those-who-died-september-11-2001-a.html

What happened to the souls of those who died on September 11, 2001?

My theory is that the souls of those Amakites would probably be taken by G-d and
    reincarnated into the children and grandchildren of the tribes of Israel over the
    next century or two or three in order to bring them up out of the terrible
    mentality that they had sunk into.

10. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Right......... Christianity gets a pass from us Christians.. Judaism, Islam et al don't.

11. Guyzilla

My father, similar to those that slaughtered every men woman and child, animal and teddy bear, was told by a moral authority, to hate even their children if they are apostate. Fox News said, the liberals are evil and must be vanquished. And so, he hates my guts. I must admit, that I am thinking I need therapy, to find that bright spot in my father, capable of hanging my hat on as son. He has said he wishes I was dead. So, I understand the mechanisms.

12. Guyzilla

I am still a Christian, and the FACT that Jesus said, you can forget all that jazz, and simply love thy neighbor, to fulfill every jot and tittle of the law, makes him stand above this hatred for neighbor. The human nature has had a compassionate savior nestled in our bosom since Neanderthals, at least. Neanderthals helped the ill or even congenitally unable to provide. The NEED for Jesus,or a kind and caring entity behind the veil of reality, is if not, almost universal.

The concept of Jesus will not go away. Particularly in a country that is DOG EAT DOG, get yours and screw anyone else.

But, a close analysis of those that wrote the bible, Koran, etc is called for. That many will lose faith in that, is warranted, even so.

The bible is a political book. Assembled by politicians.

13. FreedomSeeker

Yes, you do sound better and more forgiving than Jesus. Jesus would send your father to hell if your father didn't suck up to, and "believe in" the elitist Jesus....but you are more compassionate than Jesus. Do provide him with facts, studies, etc. that show that your view is right, or at least that you're not crazy for believing those views.

14. Guyzilla

I also rain down fire and brimstone for his hatreds. I am not one to be discriminated against. I am Caucasian and not used to it.

15. FreedomSeeker

RELIGION, I find, is what makes people conservatives, often. Jesus/Bible is then somewhat to blame for you father hating you (if he hates people who are not conservatives, that is.) As I became an atheist, I found most atheists are not conservatives, unlike when I was religious.

Jesus also set a TONE of acceptance of hatred, of course, as when four cities didn't buy into his magic tricks, instead of showing them love and compassion like Modern Secular Humanism, that psycho ruthlessly condemned them to fiery torment in their afterlife (Matthew 11:23, Luke 10:13-15). Your father has adopted Jesus' tone of hatred, apparently. Don't blame him, blame Jesus for the hatred. Show him that with Modern Secular Humanism there is a better way.

16. FreedomSeeker

You can do it.
    If you love him (Jesus taught love) AND are tolerant of him (i.e. be more tolerant than Jesus), then you are actually doing better than Jesus in this vitally important area....so you'd be doing great.
    Do keep in mind that if it wasn't for him you wouldn't even BE here. :)
    ....I'm glad you're here.

17. Guyzilla

I am a Christian, so, I don't think my Father hates me for religious reasons. I love the logic of atheists, but still respect the compassion of the only religion based on it to any REAL degree, but Buddhism. Are the words you attribute to JEsus correct? Did Jesus even exist?

18. FreedomSeeker

Jesus probably did exist, but I can't believe he was divine/god without a courtroom level of evidence (since now he only has as much evidence as Allah, Ra, Thor, Odin, etc.) Good philosopher, though. Yes, I was thinking he hated you for your liberal political views. When you run across something that you happen to be quite conservative in, you could make a point of bringing that up with him. Many liberals are hard-core liberals socially (abortion is ok, etc.) and on most things, but some are actually a bit "conservative" when it comes to fiscal policy - just say, that's one thought, I don't know.

19. Guyzilla

I did just that, when I said, we have a lot of beliefs in common. I said, I think the Republican party is almost dead, soon to be, and he agreed. I used this fact as a warm and fuzzy.

20. egotripp

egotripp Banned

Yes, and you found/created a whole new list of "hatreds" that you can embrace. Man, you are FULL of hatred. Your very soul seems to be corroded.

21. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

The radical differences between the Old Testament - the Jewish Bible - and the New Testament - the Greek Bible confuses the hell out of me. If God said all those things in the OT then why did He take the form of a man and preach as Jesus/Yeshua? Did God change His mind? But how could He when to do so would be to admit error?

I'll wait for a theological explanation.

22. crank

crank Well-Known Member

Sadly, that tells you everything you need to know about how corrupting religious belief can be. A parent who would disown a child (and worse, wish him/her dead) for a difference of opinion is corrupt to the core. There is nothing left of their natural goodness.

23. crank

crank Well-Known Member

It's interesting, isn't it. For a start, Jesus was far from conservative. It was the conservatives of his day who had him killed ... for being too liberal!. Also, the 'conservative' of modern America strikes me as anything but. They are the most ostentatious consumers of the lot, they live in big flashy houses (when funds allow), drive big flashy SUVs, the women are in thrall to artifice (coloured hair, makeup, etc), they ignore education in spirit of rebellion, and they hold eccentric views. They're vain and overly concerned with society's perception of their status. They are entirely liberal in their wastage of finite resources, and will publicly declare odd beliefs.

Compared to the quiet hippy, living off grid in a commune, in as natural and ethical a state as possible. Not even owning a car, much less a painted and vain female.

Which one is conservative?

24. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Practicing atheists seem the most dangerous to me.

25. Guyzilla

I'm not quite sure how you PRACTICE KNOWING, not just unsure there is no God.