Oh, , Canada ?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Moi621, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

:flagcanada:
    Oh, , Canada ?

People seem to have a lot to say about Canada on the American Exceptionalism thread,
    and so do I.

I will save my rant on Canada so as not to colour this thread before others get involved.

Moi :oldman:

Viva Louis Reil​

2. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

Did the Americans enjoy winning the loser medal in the last 2 winter olympics for ice hockey?

3. lardbeetle

lardbeetle New Member

Who cares about ice hockey? I prefer baseball.

4. FearandLoathing

FearandLoathing Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can understand Americans having a lot to say about Canada....

We're one tenth the size and some of what we do is pretty funny.

But, WE can travel anywhere in the world with the Canadian flag on our luggage and no harm will come to us, unless its the CIA renditioning someone, or we get mistaken for all the Americans who sew Canadian flags on THEIR backpacks..
    And it must be humiliating to know that our Women's hockey team can whip your men's team in Olympic gold hockey.

I was there when the US got its head handed to them in front of God and the entire world by a nation of less people than California.

That had to hurt.

But not so much as the fact this little, some would say backward nation of polite people is roasting your chestnuts on an open fire as our little economy is kicking your big economy in the stones.

And it also must (*)(*)(*)(*) a few people off to know that since we're out of Afghanistan you won't have anyone to finish your wars for you.

5. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

Canada will become our 51st state , enjoy your freedom while you can .

6. Moi621

Au Contraire​

The can pass among us barely noticed, if they get their English, :flagus:.
    Has anyone estimated the number of :flagcanada: illegals south of the 49th ?
    Occupying many newscaster jobs and news satire comedy presentations in :flagus:;
    it appears a polite indoctrination is happening.
    And with that we will be assimilated by :flagcanada: without knowing it is happening.
    So brush up on your Francais and be prepared to become their American Province.
    Why else do you think they load their population at the border and not peppered throughout their nation?
    And they do get a big free ride on the :flagus: tax payer when it comes to their security while hoarding all that fresh water during :flagus: times of drought. And that's our good neighbor?
    Living large off :flagus:

Viva Louis Reil !

7. Pred

Pred Well-Known Member

I don't think Americans have cared about hockey since the early 90s.

8. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

Cause nobody wanna freeze their asses off for 8 months per year.​

9. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Didn't Cuba win 3 out of the 5 olympic golds in Baseball? How does this make your case any better? :p

10. AndrewEB

AndrewEB Active Member Past Donor

Maybe it's because most of the land in the North is not arable

[​IMG]

The light blue areas are basically barren grounds and tundra, while the dark blue areas are the taiga and boreal forest .

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention that Baseball and Softball is no longer a Olympic sport, and I doubt it will be again for quite a while.

11. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

That really sucks for Japan.

12. AndrewEB

AndrewEB Active Member Past Donor

Yeah, especially considering it's not really Japan's fault, it's the MLB's fault.

13. lardbeetle

lardbeetle New Member

Doesn't really matter that much when the team is mostly composed of Minor Leaguers. Basically, the Olympic team we sent was composed of second-rate players. All the good ones were busy trying to win the World Series....

14. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Haha, true - I'm just saying.

15. bobov

bobov New Member

I think Canada has a Single Payer health care system. This is what liberals crave for the US. Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi said that Obamacare is only transitional. They accepted what they now admit is a flawed program because they think an unhappy people will next embrace Single Payer.

So what has Canada's experience been?

My information is largely anecdotal. Canadians I've known all told me that for anything serious Canadians come to the US. I've read that there are very long waits for anything beyond basic care, and insufficient equipment (MRIs, etc.). Is this true? Do Canadians want US care at the Canadian price? Share what you know.

16. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

To be fair, we're Canada's biggest trading partner, so without our consumption, you wouldn't be doing so well.

17. FearandLoathing

FearandLoathing Well-Known Member

What?

No way..

there is no way in hell the American public would ever accept our social safety net and universal medicare.

And BTW, how will you make Canada the 51st state? Invade?

That's worked so well for you in Afghanistan.....

Nice of you to acknowledge that America is about REMOVING freedoms not spreading them.

Thanks for that, we've been saying the US was an imperial military power aimed at world dominance for a long time.

"Enjoy your freedoms while you can...."

No threat there is there?

And all from a silly post making fun of the whole situation.

Wow...thin skinned or what?

"Enjoy your freedom while you can".........

Oh YES....the keeper of democracy and global freedom, the Great Keeper of all things democratic threatens its next door neighbor.....

You sir, are a perfect representative for the paranoid, thin skinned poor excuse for democracy, torture its own citizens in Gitmo, failing country with a chip on its shoulder.

We will enjoy our freedoms..too bad you surrendered yours.....

18. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

Lol it wasn't meant to be taken serious .... Thin skinned much ?

19. bobov

bobov New Member

I'm sure you know that in the 19th century there were recurring efforts to organize an annexation of Canada. William Seward, who became Lincoln's Secretary of State was a proponent. But cooler heads prevailed.

Before either Canada or the US were formed, British forces in North America joined to fight the French for control of the continent in Queen Anne's War (1702-1713) and the Seven Years' War (1754-1763). So our peoples were once together. Petty sniping is unproductive and beneath us.

P.S. As a college student in the 1970s, I visited a friend in Montreal. I met a French-Canadian student who told me he majored in literature. I asked what sort of literature, wondering if he studied Japanese or Russian, etc. He became highly incensed and said "French literature, of course!" I reminded him that French and English were not the only literatures, but his world was limited by the Anglo-French rivalry. I don't want to do the same.

20. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

The Canadians are descendants of the Tories in America who lost the Revolutionary War, so they packed their bags and moved north. They hate us because they lost the war, and they will never forgive us. The British have long ago forgiven us for defeating them, because they're a big country and can take pride in their many accomplishments. But the Canadians really have nothing to be proud of and that makes their hatred and envy of America even worse.

21. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

because the first rate players could never have passed the olympic drug tests

22. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Canada wanted nothing to do with us. They were stuck up.

23. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

to be fair canada is the usa's biggest trading partner, canada consumes nearly three times the amount of US exports than china does...so without canadian comsumption of US products you wouldn't be doing so well...total trade between Canada and USA is over $ 600 billion per year...china usa trade is about $530 billion...china won't overtake canada in number one spot until sometime after 2020...

24. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

I never had much of an opinion about Canadians until I started posting on forums. Now, my opinion of them is much lower. All they can do is brag about their so-called "free healthcare." As if something you pay for with taxes is "free."

25. Moi621

I would bet most of that :flagcanada: consumption is of the Fruits of American Agriculture & Meat, etc.
    Literally consumables.
    Yet they have vast stores of fresh water they would never, ever consider piping down south to aid "their" food production in a time of drought. Is that the French influence?

And they get a free ride on national security too :steamed:
    Slowly, most politely, with apathetic black eyes they view :flagus: as their future Province
    and only run back north if they get sick :blankstare:

Fellow Americans, start learning the words.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmme5rHRzCs

The Canadian Conspiracy began in the fifties y'know.

Viva Louis Reil ! ​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.