The Affordable Care Act was a lie?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Ronstar, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

we were told that the ACA would lower peoples' premiums by 25%.

we were told that if you liked your current insurance plan you could keep it.

we were told that the ACA would make health insurance affordable to millions of more Americans.

was ANY of this true???

did ANY of this come true?

were we sold a (*)(*)(*)(*)ty bill of goods?

what if anything will this plan achieve????

2. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

You're just now realizing this?

Better late than never... but yes, they knew back in 2010 that millions would lose their health care. They didn't care.

3. Antiauthoritarian

Antiauthoritarian Active Member

Government is always selling us a ******* bill of goods. That's what governments do.

What will this plan achieve? Follow the money and the power over our very lives... who's getting all that? Not you or me.

4. Ronstar

we all know what the plan will most likely achieve: higher profits for health-insurance companies.

that's about it.

will the % of Americans with health insurance drastically change from 2007? probably not.

5. Antiauthoritarian

Big insurance, big pharma, big "healthcare" systems. Patients and doctors will get squeezed. Bureaucrats will greatly increase their control over us. We're being farmed.

6. oldbill67

oldbill67 New Member

I think you're right. The ACA was all based on lies but it's important to understand that it was never intended to succeed. The whole thing is about a simple formula of deception used by governments which I have talked about on this forum before, Problem - Reaction - Solution. Going back to the Romans, governments who wish to further some sort of agenda that they know won't be popular with the citizens have used this formula to meet their goals. Here's how it works... You create a problem, (Obamacare) wait for the reaction, (public out-cry over rising premiums, cancelled policies etc.) and then after the public demands that you do something you offer the solution to the very problem that YOU created (totally socialized and government controlled medicine), which was always the goal all along. Think of a windshield salesman who's business has been slow, so he begins smashing windshields with a hammer in the middle of the night and then the next morning he is making his rounds handing out business cards, offering his repair services! LOL! It's a big game of manipulation and the American people have fallen for it again!:wall::sleeping:

7. Ronstar

If this fiasco is used to issue in Medicare for all, or allowing folks to buy Medicare at a sliding scale that decreases as they reach 65, I'm all for it.

8. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Who pays for the moocher for all program?

9. Antiauthoritarian

That's where we part ways on this one. Think I'll wander off now... Happy New Year, I hope.

10. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Ya, people have been saying this was going to happen since democrats shoved this pile of crap down the throats of Americans. Democrats who voted for this, along with the voters who where dumb enough to blindly follow own this. Good luck.

11. oldbill67

oldbill67 New Member

Well said and I like your signature! Not too many people think about the Branch Davidians anymore, that all happened right up the road from me. They may have been religious nuts but they had a right to be and they didn't deserve to be slaughtered for it. David Koresh was a friend of the local Sherriff and could have been easily apprehended and questioned on many occasions but instead the ATF went in with guns blazing! All those innocent babies, burned alive! :frown:

12. tkolter

tkolter Well-Known Member

we were told that the ACA would make health insurance affordable to millions of more Americans.

Its true very poor are enrolling in Expanded Medicaid, others get subsidized insurance and well millions should fill that group in the end.

13. Ronstar

oh, I hope Obama doesn't use people who took advantage of expanded Medicaid eligibility to prove more people have got affordable health insurance.

14. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

With all these folks signing up, they must know something you don't; http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/07/obamacare-success-people-signed-2-days-signed-october.html

15. Ronstar

I am very curious what October 2014 will look like.

what will the % of Americans with health insurance look like, compared to 2007?

what will the number of folks who got new insurance since September 2013 look like compared to the number of folks who lost insurance since September 2013?

these numbers may infact determine the winner of the mid-term elections.

16. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Don't forget about the drastic increase in government bloat and power.

- - - Updated - - -

I give up on elections. They're a lost cause today.

17. Ronstar

Let me guess: you voted for Ron Paul? :)

18. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

There's one thing you won't have to worry about, until then. That the right will continue pumping money into bogus websites and lying smear campaigns about the law. That much you won't have to worry about. But it's funny. You're curious about one thing and I another. If the ACA is so destined to fail according to the right, with no reliable sources of information to go by of course, why would a party have to spend multi-millions of dollars to destroy something they know will fail? That part I don't get. If I didn't know better, I'd say the right was worried that it just might work. After all, 85% of the people in Massachusetts like Romneycare. And all that is, is Obamacare.

19. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Nope, but he's definitely a much better man than any who've won the presidential race lately.

20. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

It was and is an enormous and malicious lie.

21. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

As usual, we as Americans are missing the entire point of the ACA. It doesn't matter how many are or aren't covered. That's a political talking point of the Left, who openly declares they want to create a National Program. That means, that just as the above poster, they'll claim victories for enrollment into "medicare" for the poor and less affluent among us.

Meanwhile ignoring that this raises taxes on even the most moderate and average Americans.(Despite what the Left thinks, it cannot run purely on the income of the most successful Americans. Unless they intend for all Monies to belong to the State). Ah yes, "party of the people".

Coverage isn't what should determine the "success" of the ACA, especially since Dems have financially threatened us with a mandate to compel with the State's demand. Eventually, everyone "will" be covered. Not because the ACA is a smashing hit, but because compared to losing money on foot or getting a crappy product, at least the product IS something.

People aren't wasteful of money in general, they acquire resources in exchange. The threat, the rising costs of said threat will compel very unhappy customers to "sign up" for the ACA.

And by the Laws of Economics, there's no way even the most optimistic Leftist should've expected lower prices.(But then, they don't understand the Law of Economics). Because it is a Mandate, it's a Fixed Market. What this means, is there's absolutely no competition.

None.(Oh, excusing the President's lame excuse that his government-run health care companies are the "competition"). What competitive incentive is there when there's a mandate? None. The only thing is: Which company will raise their prices the least. Customers have no alternative, just the illusion of one.

Purely fixed markets have rarely been tried, often failed and that's because it ignores the nature of Human Beings. What's affordable for some, may not be affordable for others. Now, I'm for some level of State Control to combat Inflation. I'm a believer in a Mixed Economic System. Only by reasonably regulating prices, will access for all be a realistic goal.

Regulatory mechanisms, while leaving the door open for competition and incentive. I think the State does too little in the field of Price Control. Which is why prices have gone up, and the purchasing dollar has gone down.

But not this. This doesn't regulate the market, but dictates what the consumer may(actually, not may but WILL) have/must spend.

The best and the only good idea from this utter farce was the State Exchanges. Why shouldn't people be able to purchase a plan out of say Pennsylvania, if the plan in New York is too expensive?

But that all gets negated by the Mandate, the savings will be minimum and still very much unaffordable for Americans. Making this plan a CROCK. A LIE.

To quote some opponents of the plan "Whoever thought that forcing everyone into our current model(albeit more expensively) was a good idea?" Seriously, WHO?

22. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Well-Known Member

The same incentive to sell a product and gain market share that drives competitors in any market. Selling a product that no one in the marketplace buys (because it's too expensive or low quality) doesn't make you any money, mandate or no.

23. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

If the Government can't even run a website, what makes you think they can run Medicare any better?

Medicare and Medicaid fraud dwarfs private industry fraud per person in the system. Medicare insures approx 43 million and generates $60 to $90 billion in fraud.

That's 43 million (Medicare) vs 213 million (Private Insurance)

213 million private insured with $70 billion in fraud. 43 million Public insured with $60 Billion in fraud (I used the lowest estimate).

Private insurance fraud equals approx $330 in fraud per insured.

Medicare Government run insurance approx $1430 in fraud per insured.

Fraud in the public sector insurance is over 4 time that in the private sector, yet our Government thinks it can administer health insurance better, that would include the fraud too. The ACA regulates private insurance companies to spend 80% - 85% of their collected premiums on insurees and limits administrative costs like the ones used to combat fraud 4 time more effectively than Medicare.

24. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

That's just it, that factor doesn't matter anymore. You must get insurance, it's now "law". This means Insurance companies can jack up the prices as high as they can, and you, the goberment's ginny pig(I mean Citizen!) are forced to take it.

The "law" is CRAP. Even FDR's new deal was far superior to this. The American Citizen doesn't benefit from this. The "benefit" to economically impoverished Americans comes at a price: The Goberment is now saying it can control what you can and can't buy.

Now, to an extent this already takes place within the weapons industry(for obvious reasons) but to extent such measures beyond the need for National Security is tyrannic.

But it won't be opposed in America, literally the dumbest country on earth. I love what America stands for, not the people in it.

25. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Well-Known Member

That isn't an estimate of fraud against commercial insurers, it's an estimate of total fraud across all payers, public and private ($70 billion is three precent of total national health expenditures, which is what they were saying).