Which GOP leader would be most likely to protect the 2 million Gay men in Uganda?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by DennisTate, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Didn't liberals want the U.S. to stay out of meddling in other countries?

2. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Pretty much only if the countries are Muslim……. and are murdering Christians, Jews or Ba'hai's……. but it is OK to intervene in a Christian nation where members of the LGBT community are threatened.

3. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

If we really want to stop being the world's policeman, whey are we continually poking our noses into other nation's business? Don't we have enough problems in this world already without finding another one? For us to remain strong as a nation, we have to find solutions to our own problems, sort of like the old saying, "Physician, cure thy self first." Something like that.

4. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

5. Pred

Pred Well-Known Member

Who gives a crap? I don't think it matters one bit what we think. It's not OUR responsibility. It's the Ugandans. It's more EU that should be doing something. It's their neighbor.

6. Belch

Belch Well-Known Member

Why would a U.S. president do anything to help gays in Uganda? If anybody is interested in helping them, maybe you can get some tree-hugging hollywood types to do a remake of we are the world, and perhaps get a gay indian to shed a tear for the camera. Maybe even another heart-rending rendition of 'I'd like to buy the world a coke'.

7. jack4freedom

jack4freedom Well-Known Member Past Donor

Dennis Hastert would be inclined to save the gay boys of Uganda between the ages of 13 and 16. He's your boy!

8. Professor Peabody

Iran kills them. does that count?

9. Professor Peabody

Like Mel Reynolds? He actually went to Zimbabwe.

10. DennisTate

The fact that Islamic nations are killing members of the LGBT community along with Christians and other minorities is something that can potential inspire a greater level of cooperation between various groups in the western democracies who ordinarily would not find common ground.

We all agree that ethnic cleansing is horrible and something out of the dark ages.

http://www.politicalforum.com/gay-l...cooperate-christians-rescue-937-refugees.html

Proposal for LGBTQ groups to cooperate with Christians to rescue 937 refugees...
    I am thinking from Jordan or Turkey........

… and the way for this to happen is..... to partly replicate the M. S. St. Louis situation.... .but then postulate an entirely different scenario. One in which the 900 plus refugees actually ended up living in Nova Scotia rather than being sent back to Europe where so many eventually were murdered in the holocaust.
    Here is a specific case where America and Canada and our allies could cooperate to rescue populations that are in serious danger.

….."What I am proposing though would be done through private sector film production companies and cooperatives working together. Also...… this sort of project would require cooperation by the leadership of some Christian and LGBTQ groups if part of the idea was to rescue 937 people through the film that reasonably well represented the populations in most danger. Refugees that are LGBTQ are in every bit as much danger as Christians....(perhaps even more so)..... so if ten percent of the population is LGBTQ then 94 of the actors chosen..... should be LGBTQ..... to be fair! (In an emergency it is difficult to be perfect so let's say 70 to 110 rather than the specific 94)!"

…….

11. DennisTate

I have just been given one of the greatest privileges of my life.

Dannion Brinkley has given me permission to initiate a facebook page as well as a group dedicated to him running for the office of President of the USA.

He mentioned humorously that he would like to work with The Donald…… but I believe that he was inspired in this.

Due to the fact that Dannion is himself a near death experiencer………. he would have a special ability to fully understand that quotation from near death experiencer Christian Andreason……. and so now Dannion Brinkley and Donald Trump……… or Donald Trump and Dannion Brinkley….. are the two G. O. P. Presidential contenders who would be by far the most likely to risk their lives and careers in an attempt to save Gay men who live in Uganda.

http://www.politicalforum.com/elect...on-brinkley-v-p-2016-presiden-usa-2024-a.html
    Dannion Brinkley for V. P. in 2016 and President of the USA in 2024.
    Two time near death experiencer Dannion Brinkley has no idea that I am doing this….. but I do believe that when he eventually reads this discussion he will at the minimum seriously consider my offer.

I believe that his Twilight Brigade is one of the most seriously cool charities that has recently been created in the United States.

http://www.dannion.com/the-twilight-brigade/
    The Twilight Brigade
    A pretty major motion picture about his life was produced starring Eric Roberts.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/evidence11.html
    I am of the opinion that what Mr. Dannion Brinkley was shown about the future of the Middle East, along with his background in the military, uniquely prepare him to become Vice President and later on President of the United States.

12. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

Um... Well, if you're familiar with Ugandan culture before Christianity came there, it was actually fairly gay-friendly.

As for the recent anti-gay laws: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ntigay-conservative-evangelicals-9193593.html

As far as Africa and homosexuality in general goes, this is a good starting point for understanding the present situation: http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/4/homosexuality-africamuseveniugandanigeriaethiopia.html

13. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

This isn't about hating America. It's about pointing out that homophobia in Uganda originated from the West. As you've pointed out above, it was imposed by colonial rule. Before that, the people in the area didn't have a problem with gay people.

The West used to be very homophobic -- more than a lot of the world outside of the West. It's only when religious fanaticism subsided that we started seeing gay rights develop.

The Islamic World is still very much homophobic as well, and their influence toward gays can be seen in other parts of Africa.

DennisTate and (deleted member) like this.
  14. DennisTate

Thank you immensely for these highly informative articles Serfin'USA!

It is the most well informed Americans that I am seeking to have as Dannion Brinkley's core of supporters.

Because Dannion is himself a near death experiencer he can immediately understand the deep wisdom in the following statements by another near death experiencer. These few paragraphs have the potential to reform the most bigoted of G. O. P. voters....... which will greatly decrease the animosity that many Republicans and Democrats have for each other.

http://www.near-death.com/andreason.html#a11

What about sexually diverse people?