Hillary declares victory over Benghazi panel, pivots to bash P P ‘witch hunt'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Denizen, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denizen

Denizen Well-Known Member

What a momentous day for Clinton. She sent the GOP Benghazi committee into a spin as she threw their arguments back in their faces.

Hillary defeated the sad sacks and boosted her POTUS campaign with a strong performance against a dispirited GOP committee.

Clinton could not have wished for a better birthday present than the GOP Benghazi Commission. What a bunch of losers the committee is.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/23/hillary-clinton-celebrates-benghazi-performance-ca/

2. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member Past Donor

You can tell how utterly desperate the left is for one good piece of news about Hillary. This is like the 800th thread on this topic. Does she really have absolutely nothing else positive for you guys to talk about?

And she is going to be your nominee huh?

Wow

3. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

Hillary is running for office how else is she going to spin it? And the dishonest media will help of course. I predicted nothing would happen and pretty much nothing did. Hillary gave well rehearsed talking points and avoided exploding like she did before but her awful record as Secretary of State has been revealed. I am not surprised that she lied about Benghazi but I am shocked at how incompetent she is. When you consider the failure of leadership and stupid decisions she has made it is no wonder that only the left of the lefties are divided between her and Sanders.

4. bclark

bclark Well-Known Member

What I got from this is her extreme levels of dereliction of duty. The ambassador didn't even have her email, or phone number. Moreover, she appears to have been too busy surfing YouTube for answers than to bother sending any troops. Clearly not presidential.

5. Grizz

Grizz New Member

No spin was necessary; she merely had to state facts in response to Republicans' imaginary story telling about Benghazi. Most people were quickly able to tell who was dishing facts and who was dishing fancy.

She was able to give those "well rehearsed talking points" because they're the same facts that have been on the record for years. The only ones who didn't want to hear it were Republicans because she totally destroyed their narrative.

If she lied about the events in Benghazi and related matters, you'd better send a hot flash message to Trey Gowdy because hs appeared to be unaware of them. Given that she put the entire committee, not to mention all Republicans to shame at that hearing for the deluge of crap they've been spewing like a broken sewer line, I'd say your opinion that she is "incompetent" is unworthy of discussion.

Yeah. Right. Thanks for your opinion.

6. Sadanie

Sadanie Well-Known Member Past Donor

How sad it must be for the Right to find out that they have NO viable, real candidate for President, and that they are facing the "teflon" lady!
    The Right has once again demonstrated that their vicious and ridiculous witch hunt has come back to hit them in the face. . . and they are getting very close to be the laughing stock of even their own party (78% of Americans believes that whole Benghazi committee is nothing but a political witch hunt, and the last hearing confirmed that!)

So sad! I just hope that the reasonable Republicans (I believe there are a few!) will not let their party die off. . .we do need at LEAST two parties! But obviously, anyone voting with their mind rather than along party line will have a hard time voting for the two clowns that seem to be "the best and the brightest" today's GOP has to offer!

Maybe those reasonable people will just abstain from voting? Or they might go with Hillary or Sanders anyway!

7. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

The imaginary story telling was done by the Obama admin blaming a video and then spinning since then.

8. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Peggy Noonan WSJ. Gives Hillary the reality that stands. Not Hillary or her Teams delusions, and not to her Cult following.

This undercut Mrs. Clinton’s ability to make points by repeating, as she has recently, that this is the eighth investigation. Mr. Gowdy cleverly brought up Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s witless comment suggesting the purpose of the investigation had been to damage her popularity. He blunted every charge and complaint he knew she was about to make.

She sat blank-faced, furiously thinking.

Elijah Cummings, the panel’s ranking Democrat, said in his statement the investigation is political, a “taxpayer-funded fishing expedition.” Having watched him in hearings the past few years I cannot determine whether his chronic umbrage is real or feigned.

She then perhaps cheekily pivoted to what we can learn from the tragedy. This was meant to establish her deep experience and command and was occasionally off-point: “Retreat from the world is not an option.” She evoked the Reagan-era deaths of 258 Americans in the Beirut Marine barracks and, more cleverly, security failures in the administrations of her husband and of George W. Bush. That was meant to make Benghazi—only four dead—look comparatively insignificant.

The first hour-and-a-half seemed to focus on niggling things, as if no one could get their hands on the thread. Viewers at home may have given up. Then the pace quickened. There were hundreds of requests regarding security issues in Benghazi in 2012, and Mrs. Clinton said not one reached her desk. This is remarkable. A secretary of state who supported a military action that unleashed chaos and sends her friend, the ambassador, into that chaos has no awareness of his requests for more security? Sidney Blumenthal had her personal email address but Chris Stevens didn’t?

There were substantive fireworks when Rep. Jim Jordan suggested the administration used a protest over an anti-Islam video as a cover story for what Mrs. Clinton knew to be a planned and deliberate terrorist attack. He suggested a motive: The attack came less than two months before the 2012 election. He presented proof she knew Benghazi wasn’t a popular protest about a video. She never really answered the charges, falling back on quickly unfolding events, confusion, a fluid situation. She dodged, and it was obvious. “I wrote a whole chapter about this in my book,” she attempted. She pretended the line of questioning was an insult to those who died. No, it was an insult to her. She was passive-aggressive: “I’m sorry that it doesn’t fit your narrative, Congressman.” She later spoke of how wounding it is to have one’s assertions received with such skepticism. This was unpersuasive.....snip~

http://www.wsj.com/article_email/two-departures-and-a-grilling-1445557966-lMyQjAxMTA1MzI1MzgyODMyWj

9. Alucard

Alucard New Member Past Donor

Hip! Hip! Hooray! Hillary upstaged her enemies and showed how despicable they were with their subterfuge finally exposed. The witch hunt is over. They can all eat crow.

10. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

No not at all.....I have been talking to many about this in the GOP.

Maybe its time that the Repubs actually do go on a witch hunt. As with all witch hunts. The Witch is destroyed.

So Hip hip hooray and lets let the real burning begin!!!!! Dunk that (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) under OIL!

But whatever you leftists do.....Don't let that Witch fall down and make her head go bump again......Promise?

11. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

It was proven she lied about Benghazi with the video story. It was proven Blumenthal had her eMail address and Stevens didn't. I doubt the American voters will forget that. Some victory.

12. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

The greatest days of my life:

1) when my kids were born
    2) graduating with a master's degree
    3) when Hillary is indicted

13. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's a double whammy week what's with whatsherfase IRS gal being cleared of any wrongdoing. And the Democrats are as happy as a clowns, patting themselves on the backs, celebrating yet another travesty of justice. Well... What is it do I see that they don't?

Ah yes, I do not depend on US Government handouts, never did, not in the least. That must be the difference.

14. Dutch

Hey, how about when Obama's real birth certificate is found? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Dope crafts do not see these as a problems...

15. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

it's sad that the right is so desperate to be relevant that they feel the need to make up these crazy witch hunts to make themselves feel superior

16. bclark

bclark Well-Known Member

Explain your logic please. She didn't admit guilt on any point so clearly she's innocent? I thought the only ones who believe this are aboard the "love plane" to South America.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/14/bill-clintons-libido-threatens-to-derail-hillary-again/

17. FreshAir

many many investigations, all with same results, it's clear she is innocent and republicans are on nothing more then a witch hunt

18. REPUBLICRAT

REPUBLICRAT Well-Known Member

She'll be the next President.

19. Dutch

If you think it's gonna be good for America, you're wrong. For you personally, maybe. For the country, no.

20. LeeroyHim

LeeroyHim Banned

When did her campaign get a boost ag... oh wait it didnt.

Anyway a lot of people also think she lost. It can go either way.

- - - Updated - - -

It is curious however how more things turned u as they continued the investigations.

21. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

I didn't know the Valarie Plame witch hunt was initiated by Republicans, proof please!

22. FreshAir

do you think she was the one that set up this latest panel? how many more "investigations" republicans going to have, it's obvious this is nothing more then a political witch hunt

if you want to try to prove something, do it yourself, I am not gonna try to prove something I never said, you will have to do that research all yourself

23. REPUBLICRAT

Good? We'll see. Recent history does suggest the economy is better off with a democrat in office. Just ask Donald Trump.

24. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Of course, her facts are that she was in charge but responsible for nothing and neither was anyone else. She couldn't even say when she ever talked to Stevens and she was his direct boss. I think she was too busy pushing regime change in Libya to pay attention to her job. She was successful in that and made a terrible mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Recent history? Obama? Doing great are we?

25. REPUBLICRAT

Great? Idk about that. Much better than when he took office though. That's for certain. WAY BETTER!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.