Massive Politico shakeup

Discussion in 'Media & Commentators' started by APACHERAT, Jan 28, 2016.

1. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Any Politico refugees on the PF ?

What's your take on what is happening over on the Politico ?

Will the Politico move to the right ?

What will the Democrats do losing another bias mouthpiece ?

The rats are jumping from the Politico liberal ship before it sinks in November.

Maybe they'll bring back the old Politico Community Forum ? Now that was a fun forum.

2. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Yeah I was going to ask Pero and you about this. They might have to now with the shake up

John Harris, the editor-in-chief who co-founded Politico with VandeHei in 2006, will take over at Politico's helm for the time being....snip~

3. APACHERAT

Can't figure it out. But the Politico has always had a problem of fixing things that weren't broke.

It's the political website politicians go too. I hear that back when the Politico use to have a community forum the Obama White House was scanning the forum to see what people were saying. The Politico closed down the forum I think it was in December of 2012. So you had all of these former Politico forum members scattering all over the internet looking for a new political forum, (Politico refugees.) That how I ended up over on the DP.

Mike Allen is leaving the Politico !!! I use to give him so much (*)(*)(*)(*) on the Politico forum.

The Politico has a heavy liberal lean. About 2/3 of the community forum members were liberals.

Real Clear Politics has a conservative lean but no forum, just a comment section like the Politico has today.

Personally I would say they have idiots running the Politico.

4. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Maybe they are taking a vacation before they run the Hillary campaign in the general election.

5. APACHERAT

Maybe they are moving on to Moveon.org :roflol:

6. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Both Parties and the WH do infact check out the Top Political sites.

Yeah Allen was part of that Heavy leaning. I always give him (*)(*)(*)(*).....on here, or in the real.

7. APACHERAT

I don't go to the Politico as much as I use to. Will have to check in every once in awhile to see what changes are taking place.

Kinda strange to purge the Politico during an election season, really strange.

8. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Think Polgara knows?

VandeHei, Allen and Schwartz will stay through the 2016 election. Kingsley will leave in the early summer. Jones will leave before then......snip~

9. APACHERAT

Polgara pops in every once in awhile. But not enough.

I'm willing to bet that the DP mod squad will eventually get around to targeting Polgara. I know there are a few DP female lib mods who aren't happy campers with Polgara. But Polgara is pretty good at not getting gigged.

10. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Same with HB and Bubbabgone. With activity picking up here, they might start to show up a bit more.

11. grapeape

grapeape Well-Known Member Past Donor

I agree with that, it was really strange timing.

I did a little reading on this, and mostly from blogs so I take it with a grain of salt. Sounds like those at the top were spending money like it was free, and got called to the carpet by the majority "owner". Since most of them were original staff members, and some were minority owners, they felt that they had carte blanche to spend. They got pissed when they got called to the carpet in front of the entire staff, so they decided to leave and start their own company. They said that the new entity "won't compete against Politico". That sounds like a "no-compete clause" excuse ;)