I hate to admit it but.... Richard Dawkins Ph. D. is basically correct!

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by DennisTate, Feb 14, 2016.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yes...… Richard Dawkins Ph. D. is correct........... the G-d of Abraham as depicted in the Jewish Bible........... doesn't seem a whole lot better than Allah of dogmatic and simplistic Islamic thought?!?!

So how do I as a Messianic Gentile / Christian.... deal with this fact?!

http://www.politicalforum.com/religion-philosophy/431430-moral-god-punish-us-49.html
    (post #488).....

My reasoning is that the principle of HEIRARCHY OF SCRIPTURE...… obviously applies to the Jewish Bible.... to the Christian Bible.... and also to the Koran!

2. DennisTate

I am going to begin with some Suras that have the potential to come to be looked at as comparable to the Sermon on the Mount of the Mount of the Christian Bible..... and like the Ten Commandments of the Jewish scriptures.

http://www.godspeaceplan.blogspot.ca/2014/07/gods-peace-plan-for-holy-land-peace.html
    God's Peace Plan

for the Holy Land

A Peace Plan for Israel/Palestine

conforming to guidelines from the Bible and Qur’an

presented by

Robert Leon Mendelson

3. DennisTate

Back in 1999 I actually inquired about being circumcised because I was wondering if I should formally convert to some variation of Judaism?

The surgeon was willing to perform the procedure for free but.... it was going to cost about three thousand dollars Canadian just for the anesthetic and operating room.

Eleven years later and you can see that I was still interested in Judaism from this conversation with Sanhedrin Rabbi Yeshayahu Hollander:

http://tate4centralnova.yuku.com/topic/383/My-correspondence-with-Rabbi#.VsC5vsf8iOw
    Rabbi ........, linking Jerusalem Third Temple with Grand Unified Theory of Modern World Problems.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 1:00 PM

But although I am very attracted to Judaism.......... I believe that the Jewish people have a tendency to not admit to their own guilt as plainly and as honestly as a true observance of Yom Kippur should lead them to do!

If...... Dennis Tate, were to convert to Judaism..... and if I were to volunteer to go back into the year 1500..........and if I were to forget about being Dennis Tate in the year 2016..... and if I came to a place where I understood the Torah in a legalistic manner......... I might just end up owning some black or Irish slave girls and..... I might be tempted to behave much like........
    http://www.raymondibrahim.com/2016/02/11/the-muslim-mans-sexual-rights-over-non-muslim-women/
    The Muslim Man’s Sexual “Rights” Over Non-Muslim Women

4. trevorw2539

trevorw2539 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Do you really believe that being circumcised would make you a Jew? Becoming a Jew would mean giving up EVERYTHING YOU ARE NOW. Very few people are accepted into the Jewish faith, being unable to convince the Jewish authorities of their ability to give up family and friends, and be accepted into the JEWISH family.

5. DennisTate

So true! Actually...... one of the wisest courses of action is to minimize their expectations and apply to be considered merely a Noahide.

Basically..... as a Noahide.... at least I would be able to probably get a job as a janitor in a place where I could feel that the cleaning must be done..... such as in a hospital...... or maybe in a school..... especially if certain viral infections spread all the way to Israel.

6. KAMALAYKA

KAMALAYKA Banned

There is neither deity nor demon, nor heaven nor hell.

7. DennisTate

In a way..... you are onto something!

The traditional definition of G-d.... has G-d knowing all possible outcomes even before they happen........... and many Theists believe that G-d causes things to work out the way that G-d wants them to!

I believe that this is nailing down G-d with a bunch of words that are giving us a seriously inaccurate picture of our Creator!

The same things applies with demons and devils......… I suspect that they are very very much like us humans.......... When they make bad choices in the past... their lives get worse and worse and worse and worse until..... they resemble the creatures that former Atheist Howard Storm met during his near death experience!

But......… to say that a Devil or Demon or fallen Ghost cannot make the choice to return to the Creator.... and to love and humility and hope and truth.........… is another way of nailing them down..... with ideas that are probably terribly incorrect!

Here is an example of one of AboveAlpha's threads that went to the limit... that I haven't resurrected yet so I will do so here.....

http://www.politicalforum.com/religion-philosophy/351985-post-proof-god-exists.html

Post proof a god exists.

(April 19, 2014): AboveAlpha:
    ............….

.......... but I believe the key to the problem is illustrated in one paragraph......…

Let's go to page 2... post #17.......

AboveAlpha:....

8. DennisTate

http://www.politicalforum.com/religion-philosophy/351985-post-proof-god-exists-2.html

(April 23, 2014, post #17).....
    AboveAlpha is onto something important here.......... I do NOT believe in a Creator who does this......"both create the Universe or Multiverse and control it and know all outcomes."

I have came to believe in a Creator who.... has given humanity...… and many other life forms.... some of which we might term angels or devils or aliens or ghosts.........… a far far far far higher level of freedom of choice and power to improve......… or worsen their own situation..... due to their choices and ways of thinking!

Our definitions are quite far off and a better way of defining G-d / The Creator / Creators....... will include a realistic understanding of Multiverse Theory:

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...osophical-implications-multiverse-theory.html

The Philosophical implications of Multiverse Theory?

.........…

An accurate understanding of G-d and Devils and angels and humans..... will include.... a G-d / Creator who is educating all of us.... and has a plan to work out our sins and errors and evil acts..... to be a permanent lesson that we will never forget no matter how long our consciousness and identity will continue!

(And I believe firmly that all of us will exist to eternity in the future....... .and there is some sort of soul - spirit within each of us.... that is far far far more ancient and more powerful than we tend to imagine)!

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/howard-storm.html#a06

Go back and read the first and second pages of this website about the NDE of Howard Storm if you would like to get an idea of how far downward into selfishness, lust, hatred and the spirit of murder......ghosts or devils are free to descend?

9. cupid dave

cupid dave Well-Known Member

The Pope said Hell is a State of mind.
    Sex can be a demon.

The urges can overpower the person and terrible things might follow.
    These urges, demands, desires, and drives are the demons:

Luke 17:20-21: Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

1) Lucifer = ............... Id
    2) Satan =........ ...........Libido
    3) Mammon = ............ Ego
    4) Devil = .................. Anima
    5) Beelzebub = .......... Self
    6) False Prophet =.......Superego
    7) False Shepherd = ... Harmony
    8) The Good Shepherd = ...Conscience

10. DennisTate

This is a very interesting theory indeed!

Near death experiencer Christian Andreason was shown that lust........... really was the problem that we must overcome:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/christian-andreason.html#a11a

a. What were you told or shown about this issue?

Pastor Rick Joyner..... in a visionary dream of heaven.... as well as what a near death experiencer might term....The Void..... was shown a couple who were married while they were human. They were apparently Christian Reformers during the renaissance period. She was the major intellect of the two........ and much of her husbands writings and teachings were given to him by her........ and by the time of their deaths as humans they pretty much hated each other. She gave Pastor Rick an exceptionally powerful explanation of how lust..... leads us guys to want to enslave and control women!

(I think I shall find that story and post it next)!

11. DennisTate

But some people have had visionary dreams..... and/ or near death experiences..... and the information that they come back with is sometimes some of the clearest, most simple.... and yet most brilliant explanation for what has gone wrong that I have ever read!

Pastor Rick Joyner from a visionary dream given to him back in 1995:

http://www.heavennet.net/visions/the-hordes-of-hell-are-marching.htm

(From about two thirds of the way down this page..... in the section entitled "The Judgment Seat of Christ).

http://www.heavennet.net/visions/the-hordes-of-hell-are-marching.htm

12. DennisTate

Pastor Rick meets the Reformer's wife......… Notice how he keeps asking her question to keep her talking..........

13. DennisTate

Pastor Rick keeps her talking and talking.... and she gets to the heart and core of why we guys try to control and enslave women...… which takes us back to the motive for the negative way that we guys use..... the Jewish, the Christian and the Islamic scriptures..... to justify our mistreatment of women!

14. DennisTate

But it sure seems that we are being mentored.... taught.......... educated....... and there is evidence that this is greatly coming from life forms that seem to exist in a more fundamental form of energy/ in higher dimensions of space time.

Pastor Rick Joyner was given a brilliant explanation for the HIERARCHY OF SCRIPTURE here:

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...eets-apostle-paul-visionary-dream-heaven.html

Pastor Rick Joyner meets Apostle Paul in visionary dream of heaven....

.. that was given to him back in 1995.

I personally thought that this was a brilliant explanation of how the words of a mere man........ should not be used to annul...... the words of Messiah Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus.

I believe that this writing can be truly helpful in putting certain statements by Paul into the context of the time and culture in which he lived.
    1Timothy 2:12:
    "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

15. DennisTate

Here is a rather neat statement attributed to Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus as spoken to Doubting Thomas.

A near death experiencer claims to have been able to do something like a Vulcan Mind Meld with Doubting Thomas.... .and the result is fascinating!

www.thomastwin.com/

Acts 1:26
    "And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles. "

The Apostle Paul was not there when this statement was made..... and by the time he did come along......… Doubting Thomas was discredited as a witness of the life and teachings of Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus.

16. DennisTate

But....... sincere and devoted Jews did participate in the slave trade and used many of the laws of Moshe/ Moses to justify their actions.

As a matter of fact....... I strongly suspect that the deep regard for only five books...… and the tendency to downplay books like Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel has much to do with those prophets dealing with such ethical issues as slavery?!?!?!

http://www.rense.com/general69/invo.htm

and...… Sunday go to meeting Christians ...… over several centuries did..... quote from the Bible to justify.........…

If anybody would like to disprove those statistics or explain how those events were not quite as bad as what ISIS has been doing to Yazidi or Christian slave girls....... I am all ears?!

17. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member Past Donor

We do not follow the God of the OT so Dawkins is wrong.

The entire OT is context for the coming of Christ so if God did not show you his wrath you would not understand the grace that Jesus brought.

18. ARDY

ARDY Well-Known Member Past Donor

So what was going on in the OT?
    Did god screw up with his original plan?

19. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member Past Donor

I just explained what was going on. There was no grace in the OT, people lived by laws and just like today, when you break a law you get punished. You can look at it another way with the old question of did God create evil.

Yes he did but he had to so he could show us his grace. There is no point to god creating a bunch of robots who blindly worships him so he had to introduce evil to give people freewill.

20. DennisTate

My theory is gradual...… step by step by step..... phases of revelation of the plan of G-d for humanity.

When Cain decided to sneak up behind his brother and hit him with a rock..... in order to prevent Abel from getting married to Cain's exceptionally beautiful twin sister Luluwa...… humanity was set on a course of action to descend much further into darkness.......

So also..... the rising up out of darkness into a truly utopian earth is done by human beings...… making wiser decisions........ and step by step by step... the world is improved.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/howard-storm.html#a04

In my opinion.... the threat posed by the probability of rising ocean levels may be one of the most useful challenges that could inspire humanity to come together and cooperate much more.

http://www.politicalforum.com/opini...saving-new-orleans-florida-rising-oceans.html

The Sahara Forest Project...and saving New Orleans and Florida from rising oceans!

Did you know that there is an Islamic prophecy that the Islamic desert regions would be turned green in the latter days?????

21. DennisTate

I do agree with you that Dawkins is wrong..... but some of the acts by zealous Christians and Jews over these past five centuries would tend to be profoundly offensive to him and all thinking people.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-irish-slave-trade-the-forgotten-white-slaves/31076

The Irish Slave Trade – The Forgotten “White” Slaves

The Slaves That Time Forgot

22. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

The god Christ came and spoke of, as he told us how to enter into the kingdom in which god lives, is not the god of the OT, nor of Islam. The god Christ spoke of was LOVE. There is no difference between the god of Christ and love. Therefore the god of the jews was a fabrication of the mind of man. Man created, by imagination, by creative thinking, the god they worshipped.

The human brain is incapable of grasping what god is. And so, if you wanted to try to grasp it, one would just say, god is love, and let it go at that. If a god of love cannot be rationally seen as doing some of those deeds you see in the OT, this means that god never did those horrible things, that look like what an angry human would do, not the love that created this universe.

Or you can continue to embrace irrationality, and superstitition, believe in the gods created by the human brain. And continue to emulate those evil gods.

23. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Of course christians follow the God of the OT. It is the same God.
    And there is nothing in the OT predicting Jesus. One has to jump through a lot of hoops and make stuff up to come to that conclusion.

24. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Did God stop sending revelations? Or do christians just put a line in the sand and say there have been no more revelations?
    Islam could be another revelation.
    Mormons, another revelation.
    It's just some decided they heard enough and ended looking at new revelations.
    Why would God send new revelations to mankind and then stop?
    Mankind changes significantly in thousands of years. Language and understanding being the biggies. Or perhaps better stated as interpretation and misinterpretation.

DennisTate likes this.
  25. DennisTate

In my opinion this is a brilliant assessment of what has been happening over the past four millennia.

Thus my thread:

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...d-son-good-prophet-prophet-muhammad-pbuh.html

I believe Abraham said "good son and good Prophet" to The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

If more Christian Mystics and even some Jewish Mystics will begin to discuss the theory that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was in many ways a Prophet Like Unto Moses as well as perhaps King David or Elijah or the Patriarch Abraham reincarnated........ then peace will soon break out in the Middle East!!!!!!!!!

http://www.near-death.com/muslim.html