Republican legislatures shed LGBT rights

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by bwk, Mar 24, 2016.

1. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/rushed-vote-draws-north-carolina-national-fight-over-lgbt-rights While North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory already signed into law bathroom restrictions for the transgender community, other legislation is already going into the works to give businesses the right to blatantly discriminate against gays by not having to serve them at their businesses. Georgia is about to sign similar laws. Now that many big corporate names have said they would boycott North Carolina and Georgia if they do not fall back on these hate crimes being placed on gays, it will be interesting to see if they stick to their hate convictions for others, or will money finally bring them back down to mother earth? I find it quite amazing that in the dead of night while everyone has gone home, Republicans secretly call into session to sign more hate bills against gays, so no one would ever take notice. When will this party ever learn that the majority of this country does not and will not accept hate as an alternative to governing this country? Their obsession with hating gays is noted, and their attempts will be futile in the end. So sign away GA. and N.C. When the sponsors leave you hanging, there will still be time to turn those red wagons around and head them back in the direction from where they came from.

2. shaggydog

shaggydog Member

I don't see the problem here. I applaud him for his courage. :applause:

3. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

It takes little courage to clap for hate. It takes more courage to give it up. Too bad it's their sponsors who will eventually be the one's who give them the courage. Because I don't see them doing it on their own.

This is the big reason the Right will lose the election. It's going to come down to, "HATE".

4. shaggydog

shaggydog Member

Keeping transgenders out of a daughters bathroom probably will gain support of 99% of the population. Congratulations you are in the 1 percent, do you feel rich?

5. rickysdisciple

rickysdisciple New Member

With all of the problems in this country, I find it insane how much attention this issue gets. Am I fine with gay rights? Sure, but losing any sleep over it is totally insane. Too many people in this country have it way too easy--it's no wonder the animal rights movement has gone off the rails.

People, there are bigger fish to fry.

6. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

The truth is, the bill is more about extending the hate towards turning away gays at businesses than it is about the bathrooms, in my opinion. Most transgenders probably faked what gender they were anyway when they used their desired gender bathrooms from the past, so it probably has gone unnoticed much of the time. That said, I don't have much of a problem making a man/woman with a penis being required to use the men's bathroom.

I think the bill was actually designed as a smoke screen to give businesses the right to discriminate against all gays at any business, if that business chooses to. And this is the real problem I have, because it attacks human rights, not just the hate aspect for gays.

7. Sundance

Sundance Banned

Who cares?

8. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member

No he didn't. The TG community has the same "restrictions" everyone else does. "With", uses the men's bathroom, "Without", uses the women's bathroom.

Bathrooms are divided by sex, not gender and its the same for everyone.

9. Cal-Pak

Cal-Pak Active Member

Except for unisex bathrooms.

10. rickysdisciple

rickysdisciple New Member

*******dingers cat is the operative concept here.

11. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

Well, they already created their Franken-candidate (Trump)... which they don't know what to do with. The GOP is destroying itself from the inside out. But that's what hatred tends to do anyway, ROT PEOPLE at their core. :(

12. Belch

Belch Well-Known Member

When the left went crazy over the bakery shop, I think that woke a lot of people up to how much of a threat they are to anybody that thinks they own the shirt on their own back.

Hey, it's my business. If I don't want to do business with you for whatever reason, it should be my right to say "get out".

Sorry guys, but it's not about gays, but rather personal property rights and the right to free association.

13. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Use the bathroom you have plumbing for and move on.........

14. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

It may be time to confront your G. O. P. friends with the question of.......

http://www.politicalforum.com/opinion-polls/445248-being-light-nde-fame-g-d-satan.html

The being of light of NDE fame, G-d or Satan?

It seems to me that we are in a situation somewhat like the time of the Prophet Elijah.

1Kings 18:21

"And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word. "

I began to study these experiences a great deal back in 1990. They immediately made me realize that the "soul sleep" doctrine that I had been taught was almost certainly in error.

I got kicked out of two churches due to disagreements mainly over that doctrine. But as a Christian there was no way that I could deny the possibility of people having an "out of the body experience!"

2 Corinthians 12:2
    "I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
    And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
    How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter."

But I know that many Christians struggle with these accounts..... partly because they are offended that people are shown going to heaven who have not "accepted Yeshua - Jesus" in quite the same manner that they did?!?!

Here is why this is relevant:

http://www.politicalforum.com/gay-l...rs-understand-nde-comments-gay-community.html

Sincere apologies for taking 5 years to understand NDE comments on Gay Community!

I personally am ashamed of myself for being a Christian who could not understand this message for about five years!!!!!

http://www.near-death.com/andreason.html#a09

9. What about sexually diverse people?

15. Len

Len Banned

Hate is easy, thats why cons always default to it, they are lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

It was the right that went crazy, in fact they stall are going nuts over it.

16. Fangbeer

Fangbeer Well-Known Member Past Donor

What liberals hate are individuals who have the freedom to choose to do and say things that are different from what liberals do and say.

There's no authority more corruptible than the authority wielded by the self righteous.

Liberals should ask themselves why we have segregated bathrooms in the first place. Clearly they seek to tear that convention down, and clearly the majority of the population disagrees. As such liberals swing the club of government tyranny to crush the individual liberty that they deeply despise. Reason be damned! There's an inequality that must be equalized!

As to the subject of free association, if liberals are so concerned with access to business services.. WHY DON'T THEY OFFER THESE SERVICES THEMSELVES? Think of how many of their perceived problems they would solve! They would have a consumer base that their competitors ostensibly refuse to serve. They would create jobs that ostensibly could provide living wages to low income earners. They could supply tax revenue to all their impoverished government programs. Get off the sofa, Liberals. Roll up your sleeves and do it!

17. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

I suspect when a gay person goes to buy something they need, and they are turned away, they will care. And, as a result, could potentially be physically impacted by this law in a negative way. Not only do they care, it is a big deal. And that is why so many sponsors are turning their backs on Republican legislatures.

18. democrack

democrack Banned

Everything turns to hate with libs . It's commonsense try it .

19. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

Awesome post! I applaud your courage and understanding. You have nothing to be ashamed of, that is for sure.

20. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ugh this "Transgender" madness needs to be controlled. We have people claiming to be another sex, yet are not that sex, and can all of the sudden go take a peak into the other bathroom.

If you have dude parts, use the dude's room. If you decide to get an operation and get lady parts, then I think you've earned the right to use the ladies room.

21. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

I said it a long time ago. Hatred will ultimately destroy those who insist on using it to try and achieve their goals. These shady behind the scenes laws they slip through, the incorporation of Donald Trump into their party, are all reminders of the dead end road the Republicans are heading down. It is and will ruin them.

22. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

We'll, believe it or not, I happen to agree. The problem is, this bill and others are being used as a front for a different agenda, of which I already explained.

23. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sorry. I read the first part and jumped the gun.

24. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member

No one is restricting TGs from unisex bathrooms.

25. Dollface

Dollface New Member

So why should gay and transgendered people in america pay taxes??? Republicans do not think these are "real americans" they want to be able to discriminate and use the biggest fiction book ever to do so. So if these people are denied rights then they should not have to pay taxes on anything. Period.

Oh i have noticed that the right claims religious freedom but yet these self serving bigots have no problem with working on sunday, not discriminating against divored people, plus what if a Christian man wants to sell his duaghter into slaver??? Thats religous freedom right. Plus are the lawmakers going to make a woman marry thier rapist???? Just wonder i always thought you followed the rule of religous law not the picking and choosing. So they are not really. CHRISTIAN THEY are false christians that are bigots.

Yeah the Republicans are so worried about muslim shiria law, Christian shiria law does not sound any better