Thoughts on Religion vs Evolution...

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by DBM aka FDS, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pokerface

Pokerface New Member

I believe science has proven creation but they are dead set on being right that the evolutionary scientists have missed the truth.

2. DBM aka FDS

DBM aka FDS Well-Known Member

Clades deal with grouping species – not family members

The definition for clade is not “common ancestor with all descendants”, you have to include “species” and “extinct” life.

Reptilia is not in cladistics – Sauropsida is the correct taxon to use. Reptilia is Linnean and only an idiot would get them mixed up (did you?).

There is no classification for mammals and reptiles. Again with the person described above…

Birds and mammals didn’t “evolve” from reptiles.

Not going to even begin to get into the “reptile” debate, because there shouldn’t be a classification of reptile or it need a lot of work.

There… I simplified it for you! Are you learned yet? Or are you going to argue that clades are you and your grandparents again? OR pick something else that is completely wrong with tat post?

Post away!!!

3. DBM aka FDS

No it doesn't since the meaning of theory is not solid for all that theory applies for.

Does theory mean the same for math as it does for biology as it does for alien theorist or abstract thought? How about thought or assumptions?

They are all theories right? Are you suggesting that we can just LUMP all theories into one bowl of jumbo?

I suggest you think about this before you answer...

4. WongKimArk

WongKimArk Banned

Within science it has only one meaning.

Actually, in math it's a different word altogether; theorem. I don't even know what an "alien theorist" is. And the rest of your comment is flaccid equivocation. It's an example of the fuzzy thinking that allows creationists to abuse the word "theory" into meaninglessness.

Not in the nonscientific sense. No.

No. I leave that entirely to you. Wherever a "bowl of jumbo" is.

5. DBM aka FDS

oops - seems like my system when down and posted the same post twice...

6. DBM aka FDS

GOOD - then you know how idiotic it is to suggest that biology and science are the same thing...

Creationists? What the Hebrew does that have to do with theories? There is a difference between them period regardless of who says it... Just because a monkey says 2+2=4 doesn't mean it's not true.

Theories are different when dealing with different phenomenon - to suggest and play school yard – “he did it so I can do it too” is not where I think discussions should lead to. Either talk about the subject at hand or don’t talk at all. Gravity is something totally different than the biology phenomenon of common descent and should not be discussed on the same level as a child would do on a playground.

Do you understand?

7. DBM aka FDS

BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING RIDICULOUS!!!!!

There is a biologist (evolutionary to be exact) named Mayr or Maryr or something like that, that has written extensively on the subject. I know you are just posting because you’re bored and SG-1 doesn’t come on for another four hours, but please refrain from looking ridiculous (again).

Theories are based on physics and natural science doesn’t fall on those lines. I forgot totally what he said, but you can always look him up…

8. Sonofodin

Sonofodin New Member

LMFAO, this is my new signature... you are just comedy gold.

You realize that biology is a branch of science, right?

The theory of gravity and the theory of evolution both share the same definition of theory, what is so hard to understand? /facepalm

9. DBM aka FDS

The network went down before I could post this... But, I knew it was coming from someone...

There is a biologist (evolutionary to be exact) named Mayr or Maryr or something like that, that has written extensively on the subject. I know you are just posting because you’re bored and SG-1 doesn’t come on for another four hours, but please refrain from looking ridiculous (again).

Theories are based on physics and natural science doesn’t fall on those lines. I forgot totally what he said, but you can always look him up…

I was obviously too late...

10. WongKimArk

WongKimArk Banned

Excuse me? That is the single most stupid thing I have read in any post in any forum today. And I've been reading about Birthers for god's sake.

Biology is science.

11. WongKimArk

WongKimArk Banned

Excuse me? That is the single most stupid thing I have read in any post in any forum today. And I've been reading about Birthers for god's sake.

Biology is science.

12. DBM aka FDS

The theory of gravity and the theory of evolution both share the same definition of theory, what is so hard to understand? /facepalm

Pretty easy, but I don’t expect you to know anything so I’ll start you off with a little lesson (high school level). Science is the study of facts and principles (physics – math) and the knowledge gained from these studies.

Biology doesn’t follow suit since it is not facts and principles but shear phenomenon and the study of these phenomenon that cannot nor do not have fact basis and/or principles. Example – instinct… It is biology and there are theories, but there is no fact nor principles behind it. It is NOT the same as gravity and only an idiot would compare the two…

Do you understand the difference?

So, do you get whatever a facepalm is or are you just posting idiotic things?

13. WongKimArk

WongKimArk Banned

And if he wrote what you said he wrote, he is a massive idiot.

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/library/gould_fact-and-theory.html

14. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

Sorry Professor but biology uses facts.

15. DBM aka FDS

Ah... We are back up. I suggest that yuo don't post about people you don't know... and you have no clue what or who this person is.

I will say this - he isn't on the same page as Dawkins... He has his "own" way of thinking of evolution just to let you know so your rebuttal is ridiculous. You picked out someone who argues with everyone.

Also, this dude is dead and we've come a LONG WAY from 20 to 30 years ago way of thinking Skippy Longstockings...

16. DBM aka FDS

That's fabulous, but until you learn how to read properly you will not understand what I posted and thus post retarded stuff like you just did...

17. WongKimArk

WongKimArk Banned

If you are writing about Ernst Mayr, then you are lying about him. If you are writing about somebody else, then that person is an idiot.

18. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

Sorry, but everything you say is just ignorant clap trap as demonstrated by your constant ignorance of everything scientific.

19. Incorporeal

Incorporeal Well-Known Member

Well, that is quite an ignorant statement of yours. The very fact that a computer is being used to conduct these conversations is evidence that he has SOME knowledge of scientific matters. "Everything" is all inclusive and would of necessity include 'computers' and their use.

20. WongKimArk

WongKimArk Banned

With all due respect. My beloved niece with Down's Syndrome plays her laptop, iPod and iPhone like fine musical instruments. Computer usage is no indicator of scientific competence.

21. DBM aka FDS

NET WENT DOWN.. Will field questions while the 1/2 my age woman watches X Factor... uhhhh....

H AH HA HAAA!!!! Really..? Would you like to discuss his book The Science of the Living World? Or any of his other work? What would you like to talk about? What book?

Diddn't think so... So it is you who is a liar... Stop it because I am getting tired of posting just to prove you wrong over and over and over again. There are people who actually KNOW biology and those who are like who are bored waiting for X Factor to come on...

Just know you haven't been right YET!!! And the amount of people who are reading you being wrong over and over again has risen to over 100 a day on this thread. Over 100 people are watching me internet pimp slap you repeatedly.

How does that make you feel knowing your just being my whipping post and be proving you wrong over and over and over? Do you think that maybe - just MAYBE you'll be right one day to redeem yourself.

Keep posting away - you never know - it just may happen...

Good luck!!! But, I think you might want to change subject to something you know something about...

22. DBM aka FDS

Did you not see that you were the conversation of retarded posts?!?!? Did you not see that?

I can put it up again for review for you and the other 100 who read this thread daily??!?! I mean - if you want to have people view your post that was equivalent to retardation with amputation!!

I was surprised you got your name right!!!

Want me to post it up again? I can... Want to have other discuss how stupid retarded your last post was?

I'll let you answer before I decide... If you don't post - I won't show it again. But, I have linked it for easy access... Just for you precious!!! :mrgreen:

23. DBM aka FDS

You need to have your beloved niece maybe help you with the study of biology!!! You may learn something because she obvious has a gift!!

Because being educated (as I think you are) are no indication of being intelligent...

24. DBM aka FDS

I came back and did some reading last night while my young temptress was watching X-Factor ( :puke: ) but, she's young - whatcha going to do?

I wanted to get learned a little more so I actually "read" the whole link...

DO YOU ALL REMEMBER WHEN I SAID THAT DARWINIST ARE NOW RELIGIOUS FREAKS?!?! DO YOU?!??! That it is more of a religion than anything else?

We have not fought it adequately [talking about fighting Creationism] because we derive benefits from appearing as a new priesthood.
    ~
    ~
    ~
    But most of all I am saddened by a trend I am just beginning to discern among my colleagues. I sense that some now wish to mute the healthy debate about theory that has brought new life to evolutionary biology. It provides grist for creationist mills, they say, even if only by distortion. Perhaps we should lie low and rally around the flag of strict Darwinism, at least for the moment—a kind of old-time religion on our part. [/I]

Wow...

Am I the only one who thinks THAT IS ABSOLUTELY HIGH-LARIOUS?!?!

I think it is SO funny that these "fighters for the cause" have no idea that they are being used, manipulated, and are sheep for the Darwinist cause!

You all should be proud of yourselves!!! Being Borg is no small accomplishment!!!!

25. WongKimArk

WongKimArk Banned

Yesterday you didn't even know his name. Today you pretend to have read his books. Please... just do one single thing. Prove the lie you earlier wrote regarding him. Shouldn't be too hard... you are such an expert on everything he's written.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.