Papa John's Store Calls Woman Racial Slur In Receipt

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mikezila

mikezila New Member

when have you ever seen anyone use them outside of a Chinese restaurant? never, that's when. the (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) bags that made that poster added them as a prop to make sure ever one knew she was "Asian". it would be no different to use a basketball in a Tiger Woods ad to play up his blackness.

it's an Asian you don't like.

maybe you do, but you hate America.

2. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

Why would I have a problem with SNL spoofing Tim Tebow? I have a sense of humor. What are you talking about?

3. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

The problem isn't with my Christianity. It's with an atheist ignorantly defining the parameters of Christianity. I won't abide within the artificial box you would have me reside within.

[​IMG]

4. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

So explain it to me. Help me to extract my head. Why is the stereotype of watermelon and blacks bad, but the stereotype of Asians and rice not bad? I admit if this poster had been of a black eating watermelon and fried chicken, that would have been quite strange. But somehow an Asian eating rice with chop-sticks is okay. Hmm. Perhaps the person who created this poster needs to take a course in sensitivity training.

5. Sooner28

Sooner28 New Member

My lack of proof reading on ONE word causes you to dodge and not take responsibility for your callous, insensitive remarks. But that's what people who cannot defend themselves do. They deflect and try to change the subject. But it's understandable. Change is hard, like Barack Obama says :D.

6. Taxpayer

Taxpayer Well-Known Member Past Donor

No, it's not. Your fondness isn't part of the definition Mike. Offense is. It might be more accurate to say it's an Asian you want to offend (i.e. you want to make dislike you).

gook
    noun \ˈgük\
    Definition of GOOK
    usually offensive
    : a nonwhite or non-American person; specifically : asian

Like:

nig·ger noun \ˈni-gər\
    Definition of NIG·GER
    usually offensive
    : a black person

But words like the ones you are choosing to use are not just offensive (i.e. aggressive; attacking) to the folks you describe with them -- they are offensive in general. While your goal might be to demonstrate dislike for an individual, you are attacking not only them but a whole group of people. That unfocused, reckless attack and the contempt it demonstrates for a whole people creates ill will not just with the person you don't like -- but often with a lot of folks you didn't intend. Unless you really hate all of us, you are misusing that word.

glitch and (deleted member) like this.
  7. mikezila

mikezila New Member

:bored:you might not have noticed, but i how much i offend D-bags isn't high on my list of concerns.

8. mikezila

mikezila New Member

oh, i'm insensitive? that makes me sad. :(

9. Taxpayer

It's not just democrats Mike, it's offensive to all.

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

you've already been exposed as a hack.

you have never posted, thought or acted in a Christian manner on this forum.

11. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

As is your modus operandi we find you once again attacking people, in this case me, instead of dealing with the actual topic of this thread. You have a venomous hatred for everything evangelical it appears. Were you hurt by an evangelical personally at some point in your life that causes you to constantly strike out this way?

Could you give just one example of my hackery? I am far from perfect.

12. Taxpayer

I don't recognize you as the arbiter of what it means to be Christian. I question your ability to read peoples thoughts so thoroughly that you can assert someone has never thought in a Christian manner and I question the credibility of someone who makes such an assertion.

13. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Bonk, yes many chinese restaurants will bring them to your house with the delivery.

Oh so now it was a prop.

So if they added a golf club it would play up his whiteness.

So "(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)" is a black person you don't like. What do you call one you do like a "coon".

Actually I hate racist assclowns in America.

14. Polar Bear

Polar Bear New Member

Sounds like you AND Michelle have issues with America...

[​IMG]

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

you just answered your own question.

you are a hack. give us an example where you were shamed by your side making racial remarks or anything "sinful" from the conservatives.

Never.

You are the only poster here who wants people to believe you are some sort of evangelical but you have never done anything to prove it.

AND, this is on topic because this deals with a racial slur that you, if you are telling the truth, would find a shameful act.

:chew:

16. Taxpayer

I disagree. It sounds to me like he has an issue with the use of words like nig·ger, *****, and gook. I don't agree with your jump in logic that the use of these words somehow represents America... and I really don't understand how you connected Michelle Obama.

17. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

No I didn't. I was hoping you could provide at least one example, since you are the one accusing me of being a hack. Apparently you were unable to find an example.

I have called racists out on these boards. I hate racism. You are the one calling me a hack but can't provide a single example. I wouldn't think that a person accusing another of being a hack, but completely unable to back their accusation up would be pretty hacky themselves.

It seems like you are the one who keeps bringing up my faith, whether it is relevant to the thread or not. You have an obsession with evangelicalism and I do wonder where that deep-seated animosity comes from.

I am not the topic of this thread.

Yes, I find the term "*****y eyes" very unprofessional and wrong and I think the employee should not have used it. However I also believe that we all fall short and it is better to help this kid see why he was wrong and get him to repent rather than try and destroy him.

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

sure, sure. name ONE from the Republican side. you can't even call the writing on the receipt racist in nature.

hack.

19. thebrucebeat

thebrucebeat Banned

The responsibility of the business owner is not to evangelize to the kid. It is to legitamize his business, and to do that, he felt the firing of the kid was necessary. I happen to agree.
    But getting him to "repent" is not really the business owner's place.

Taxpayer and (deleted member) like this.
  20. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

Well I would hope we all don't just toss people aside, but do what we can to build them up and help them grow. I believe one should practice the same ethics at work as they do in their personal life. Unfortunately because of the publicity associated with this incident I agree that this business has no option but to fire this employee.

21. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Actually we have issues with racist idiots in America.

22. thebrucebeat

thebrucebeat Banned

The firing will help him grow without the business taking on an ugly patina of acceptance of the behavior by keeping him.

23. discovery721

discovery721 New Member

Yes that's very offensive.. But it is also hilarious:-D... But quite offensive.

24. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

You can keep with without accepting his action. Throwing him under the bus might make him think twice about his actions or it very well may just make him bitter and push him in the opposite direction.

25. drpepper

drpepper New Member

anad again, the ONLY reason he should be fired was because of the publicity.

amazing.