Its Trust Women week!

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by OKgrannie, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Cady

Cady Well-Known Member Past Donor

People are going to have sex the way they want to have it, not the way you nor any other sex-obsessed morality coercers say they should, so why are you even talking about that?

2. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Just stating fact. Also birth control fails at an alarmingly frequent rate. I have no power to make anyone do anything what's up with your attitude?

3. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

I think the whole abortion thing is really about consequence free sex.

Many old style conservatives believe that sex was never supposed to be consequence free.

I know in my family sex was always some sorta sacred act that you did with as few people as possible and the invention of birth control freed people to have as much consequence free sex as they wanted and that is a perversion of nature.

4. Cady

We all KNOW the facts of life. It's not your business how people choose to have sex, or how much they have it, and harping on it isn't going to change anything. Birth control fails, many times, because of human error, and that includes abstinence.

5. RPA1

Yet here you are supporting abortion. Apparently anyone who disagrees with you should just shut up.

6. Cady

Anyone who tries to dictate how people should have sex, or not have it, should just shut up.

7. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Thank you for admitting it. Thank you for admitting that you believe pregnancy should be a punishment for a woman's choice to have sex. Thank you for admitting that you want birth control abolished because it enables a woman to escape that punishment (sometimes).

8. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well of course but this is not going to change the fact that folks do want to have sex because it is pleasurable.

9. RPA1

I see so anyone who has an opinion contrary to YOURS is a 'dictator?' How juvenile.

10. RPA1

Yeah and some folks want to be able to drink gallons of booze for pleasure without getting drunk or having any kind of ill effects too.

11. RPA1

The fact remains that birth control does not work 100% of the time so any kind of procreational sex could result in a pregnancy. That's just Father Nature.

12. Cady

It's my opinion that other adults' consensual sexual activities are none of your business. You disagree?

13. RPA1

No because my tax dollars are going to support sex education and abortion. Also I object to the State dictating that little girls can get an abortion behind their parents' back. BTW if it is 'your opinion' that adults' consensual sexual activities are 'none of your business' what are YOU doing in any thread about abortion?

14. Cady

And how does that make other adults' chosen forms of sexual behavior and contraception your business? And no, your tax dollars do not support abortion, but for a minuscule number of Medicaid recipients in cases of incest, rape and life of the woman.

That objection has nothing to do with whether other adults' consensual sexual activities are your business.

I'm here discussing abortion, not other adults' consensual sexual behavior.

15. RPA1

:disbelief:

16. Unifier

Unifier New Member

Sorry, I don’t go around arbitrarily handing out trust based on people’s genitalia. And neither should you. Would you trust Casey Anthony to watch your children? I didn’t think so. So let’s stop with the silly rhetorical games, shall we? When you paint all women with the same brush, you put Countess Elizabeth Bathory and Mother Teresa in the same category.

17. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Then I trust that you don't go around distrusting women to make the right decisions for themselves "based on their genitalia." That is generally what is happening, that is what is happening when people want to make laws regulating women's decisions about their own bodies.