ariziona state rights update will the1st state to suceed be ariziona

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by trucker, May 4, 2012.

1. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2012/04/30/arizona-senate-oks-states-rights-ballot-measure/
    i have my running bets on arizona just look at what there doing here with this ariziona state senate vote this week, you know there really pushing it with obama here, first the illegal alien id, with this summer with the supreme court then this..i see a future civil war brewing and ariziona at the point and other states will join ariziona like texas and idaho ,alabama will join the parade ,if push comes to shove by the obama adminisrtion .

2. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

No State will ever secede again. I live in Arizona and most of the people here are transplants from other States it seems like. There is no loyalty to the State whatsoever among most of us. There also is little agriculture and most of the dams that control our water supply exist outside of our region. If we secede will have no food and no water and will die a quick painful death.

Its just not possible.

3. WalterSobchak

WalterSobchak Well-Known Member

Looking at your Avatar, I can understand why you would want another civil war. LMAO

4. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

i think your not seeing the bigger picture here look at the bottom of this link
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-arizona-lands-idUSBRE83O1KP20120425

and there you see is new mexico utah idaho wyoming and colorado may just team up and join borders with youall there.

5. paco

paco New Member

Disregarding the whole Civil War thing (Americans in general are too wussy to stand up and fight for what they believe in anymore) I think it would be great if more Western states jumped in and challenge this weakling Obama administration and incompetent Congress in literally taking back America from Democrat policies. Over 60% of Alaska is federal land. If the state of Alaska sued to have ANILCA overturned, it would release us from the federal yoke and allow us to deal with Big Oil on our own terms instead of constantly having to wait for years for the Fed to turn down a new oil drilling lease. Not to mention opening up more of the state to fishing, hunting, logging, mining, and tourism. To hell with D.C. and their environmentalist cronies; most of them have never even set foot in Alaska yet act like they know what's best for us.

Heck, now they're even talking about closing Eielson Air Force Base in Fairbanks and displacing over 1,000 military families by moving them all to Anchorage. Yeah, like there's room for all those people in an already tight local housing market! The Feds don't give a rat's ass about us little people, so why should we give a frig about them?

6. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

And how would this play out exactly? Say Arizona, Utah, Wyoming and Colorado decide to secede, who's making this decision? Will they put it to a vote or will the Governor's make it. If they put it to a vote it would never pass. The majority of people do not want their States to secede.

And if they do anyways then what are they going to do when the President says, "no you can't do that, end of story?" Will they try and raise an army of the people or call out their National Guard units when the U.S. military rolls in? Or do you think the U.S. military will splinter and just divy up their armory's for the States. Untrained civilians and National Guard units cannot defend that much territory against the U.S. military.

Your little secession will never happen.

Its not possible.