How Ron Paul Wins the Nomination: A break-down of delegates and a brokered convention

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by jaktober, Feb 26, 2012.

1. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

If the aggrieved party deems it necessary, then yes. I know that if it was myself and i felt that the law had been violated, I'd exhaust all legal remedies up to and including SCOTUS if necessary.

2. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Let me know when Eric Holder or Corzine face trial.

Could have sworn the GOP leaders in Iowa and Nevada "resigned". I wonder why they did that if they did nothing wrong....

3. hoytmonger

hoytmonger New Member

The current regime is destroying the US economy well enough, Paul would create a more sound monetary and fiscal policy. You're right about the non-interventionism and reduction in foreign military bases, it would help the US economy.

4. NetworkCitizen

NetworkCitizen New Member

That's because you don't understand economics and the destructive economic path we are currently waddling down.

5. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

AVERAGE of major polls 2/23/2012
    AZ, RP, 8.3% 4th of 4.
    MI, RP, 11.3% 3rd of 4.
    OH, RP, 10.0% 4th of 4.
    GA, RP, 8.7% 4th of 4.

Actual primaries or caucuses won to date,,NONE.
    Actual BOUND delegates won to date,,8.

This REALITY from unbiased sites neither for nor against Ron Paul.

Paul is a distant LAST. the only one down near his level is Gingrich. NOT because Paul made ANY gains, but because Gingrich has tumbled down to near Paul territory.

Now the primaries are not over, and a number of candidates have made strong surges. Paul has NOT. Will he? Only time will tell. But the cement of defeat is hardening around him.

6. gamewell45

If you feel that Holder or Corzine have broken the laws of this country, you have an unfettered right to file a complaint with the US Attorney General, or in the case of Holder, or one of the Federal Government Assistant District Attorneys.

I'm sure that if any laws were broken, you'd have the right wingers in both houses of congress knocking down the doors to the Justice department and demanding the arrest of these gentlemen.

7. Trinnity

Trinnity Banned

I didn't know Paul was so close to Romney in delegates.

8. marbro

marbro New Member

I like How Ron Paul points out that millions came back home after WW2 and we cut taxes and spending and our economy grew as a result. Its better for the People to spend the money and not the government.

9. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

Paul has 8 bound delegates. The OP's completely biased and unrealistic link overstates Paul's delegates by a factor of 10.

Just as those delegates are not BOUND to vote for the person that actually WON the caucus, it is foolish folly to think they're BOUND to the person that actually LOST the caucus.

But Paul supporters can wander in the ether thinking such silliness.

10. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

I guess you just came out of a coma then so i apologize. I suggest you google Fast and Furious and MF Global to catch up with what you missed.

11. marbro

marbro New Member

educating yourself on how those delegates are chosen in a lot of these states would open your eyes to whats going on. When Ron Paul comes out with far more delegates than what the media is reporting no doubt there will be a lot of crying from the establishment republicans.

12. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

A simple statement covers all your fantasies,,,,,,,,

Paul will not win.

13. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

it's logical...while the war jump started the economy and created full employment and the wealthy became even more wealthy,but the war created a false economy...Much like the US economy now, US foreign aid that is used to buy equipment from the military industrialists is just taking money/taxes from the left pocket and sticking it in the right...having surplus military bases do the same, they create employment in areas that might otherwise have high unemployment...military spending throwing money down the drain there is no benefit to the economy it perpetuates corporate welfare, the benefit comes when military budgets are slashed...

14. reckoning

reckoning New Member

Who are u voting for sir??

15. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

Not germain to the thread, or, any of your business. But it will not be obama.

The primary is over in my state and it is a closed primary and I'm a registered Independent. So I will vote in the general election. Paul won't be on the ballot and I won't vote for obama, but I WILL VOTE.

16. Justin Valuable

Justin Valuable New Member

The fact that Ron Paul has not won a state is a troubling one. I don't think his message resonated the way his supporters believed it would have.

17. marbro

marbro New Member

This is what i read from the press often. Even if its true its still to early to say his message is not having an inpact. There is still a ways to go and he is getting the crowds. And it has yet to be seen if he has not realy won a state since its not the straw poll that wins like the media says, its the delegates.

18. parker

parker New Member

I support Obama.

He has won every caucus he has contested this year :p

19. gamewell45

Do you normally insult people with whom you don't agree with?

20. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

My only thought was Coma. What other reason could someone have for not have heard of the MF GLobal scandal and Fast and Furious?

Is Corzine being prosecuted? No. Is Holder. No. Therefor just because you do something illegal does not mean you are going to face trial.

Now how you can honestly look at what was going on in Maine and not think something illegal was going on... Whole counties not counted. Votes tallies reversed. Vote tallies zeroed out. All by "accident". I'm sure it was an "accident" in Iowa and Nevada as well...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQXVB9buAmc"]Republican Strategist: Iowa GOP Will Not Allow Ron Paul To Win - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD09uVFQs9M"]Karl Rove: Mitt Romney has won Iowa by 14 votes - YouTube[/ame]

Listen to Rove.... Romney and Santorum camps "agreed" on the count. They came to an "agreement". Now remember the tally was done in a "secret" location.

The whole thing stinks.

21. gamewell45

Could it be that I don't agree with your rationale??? That if laws were broken, especially in this day and age where each side demands justice. If no one was charged, then either no laws were broken or their is insufficient evidence to file a charge no matter how strongly one feels either way.

22. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

So over a billion dollars goes "missing" and nothing illegal was done?

Arming drug cartels is legal?

Not counting entire counties or zeroing out votes for one candidate is legal?

23. jaktober

jaktober Member

I think that is how we get the nomination, by making that case; if Romney, Santorum (or Gingrich) is the nominee; then Obama gets a second term...

If it is a brokered convention Paul won't lose delegates in the following rounds of voting (if people went to vote for Paul....the went to vote for Paul), he will only pick up delegates and grow. If the case can be made, then he can likely come up the winner.

24. jaktober

jaktober Member

Recent poll shows Paul beating Obama by the same margin as Romney: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

If its about winning, they'll nominate Paul (because, as I pointed out in the article, this is really a 4-way race, both parties are likely to lose votes to third-parties, all that is undetermined is who will lose more, and that depends on if Paul is the nominee or not).

25. jaktober

jaktober Member

Watch the video where Paul explains how he is actually more likely to be in second in delegates...and King/Cooper concur...(right below the delegate count link).